Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Globetrotter promotion returns May 12, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globetrotter promotion returns May 12, 2016

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Originally Posted by mpkz
I was just credited the extension instead of the miles. I made a complaint and asked for miles.
Thanks for the heads up . I have just checked my dashboard and they have indeed extended my Platinum membership until Jan 2019 without asking if I would prefer the 50K miles .

Very annoying as I want the miles and now my Qpoint calculator has been reset to 0 . I had more than the required 540 Qpoints last year and only needed 408 to requalify on the 2 year total . I hope this gets put back correctly once they have given the miles instead of tier extension .

Last edited by crombiestone; May 7, 2017 at 10:47 am
Old May 7, 2017, 10:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by crombiestone
Thanks for the heads up . I have just checked my dashboard and they have indeed extended my Platinum membership until Jan 2019 without asking if I would prefer the 50K miles .

Very annoying as I want the miles and now my Qpoint calculator has been reset to 0 . I had more than the required 540 Qpoints last year and only needed 408 to requalify on the 2 year total . I hope this gets put back correctly once they have given the miles instead of tier extension .
Yeah, I was on track with the 2 year QPoints as well. Maybe they did some calculation and maybe through extrapolation or something I wasn't, but I could easily hit Plat myself..
Old May 7, 2017, 12:17 pm

Funnily enough, I emailed them this morning about this and was told just to let them know which I wanted. I later saw that the tier extension had been applied.

It's worth checking what you think may work best for you. In my case, I had been expecting the extension to show up on the tier calculator as that I had reached the renewal threshold and my platinum would roll over on my existing renewal date. However, they have applied the extension to the current year, so my year is now my previous expiry date plus 12 months. The 60 qcredits have been applied now so I currently have 120, and I have from now until the extended renewal date to earn 540 qpoints for renewal in 2019.

Given that I'm trying to use up a mountain of qmiles at the moment, this type of extension works better for me and is more generous than I was expecting. YMMV of course...
Old May 7, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Meh. My tier was extended too.

This despite the fact that I emailed QRPC over a month ago to request the 50,000 qmiles and then followed up again yesterday.

I was only 54 qpoints away from renewing Platinum (based on the 24-month calculation) with over 6 months left until my renewal date and flights on QR worth 40 qpoints already booked for this month. I do hope it resets the 24-month counter properly if/when they retro credit the qmiles.

Not a great algorithm if you ask me
Old May 8, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by purple1addict

Not a great algorithm if you ask me

I suppose no algorithm at all. They just seem to extend the tier validity and wait if somebody is complaining. However they did honour my wish for additional Qmiles which I expressed earlier in an email to them. But obviously they don't ask proactively what you could expect them to do.
Old May 8, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: Qatar Plat, EK Gold
I took the extension because I earned Platinum in 2016, cool to see a 2019 expiry date now ;-)
Old May 8, 2017, 9:51 pm

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
Originally Posted by jonspencer
I took the extension because I earned Platinum in 2016, cool to see a 2019 expiry date now ;-)
Out of curiosity, where exactly can you see your new tier expiry date please?

I have earned 1080 Qpoints in the 24 month period (and see the following message "Congratulations!. You have already retained your Platinum Tier and you will continue enjoying your special privileges" on the Tier Calculator page. However, my Tier Validity still shows until 10 June 2017.

Am I missing anything?
Old May 8, 2017, 11:20 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
I was given the extension as well, even though I will comfortably requalify with upcoming QR flights alone which they could see if they chose to look, never mind the fact they I also have upcoming OW flights too! I emailed them yesterday to change it back and to credit me the 50,000 QMiles. That being said, I think they MISSED THE BOAT on the execution. If they were thinking in marketing and customer service, they would have realized a great communication component was left out. It would have been more gratifying to the majority of badge earners the receive a message saying something along the lines of 'Congrats on achieving all of the badges on the GlobeTrotter Campaign, in addition to the 100,000 QMiles, we welcome YOU to choose between an extension of your Platinum status for an additional twelve months, or receiving an additional 50,000 QMiles. Thank you again for flying with us, blah blah blah. Please click on the button/link associated with YOUR choice.' anyways, not my best work, but you get my point
Old May 9, 2017, 1:58 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
Funnily enough, I emailed them this morning about this and was told just to let them know which I wanted. I later saw that the tier extension had been applied.

It's worth checking what you think may work best for you. In my case, I had been expecting the extension to show up on the tier calculator as that I had reached the renewal threshold and my platinum would roll over on my existing renewal date. However, they have applied the extension to the current year, so my year is now my previous expiry date plus 12 months. The 60 qcredits have been applied now so I currently have 120, and I have from now until the extended renewal date to earn 540 qpoints for renewal in 2019.

Given that I'm trying to use up a mountain of qmiles at the moment, this type of extension works better for me and is more generous than I was expecting. YMMV of course...
And indeed, MMHV (my mileage has varied )
I emailed them because I was in just about exactly your situation, and want the extention and qcredits. I got back:
"Upon browsing your membership account, we have noticed that you have earned sufficient Qpoints to renew your Platinum tier.

Hence, you will retain your Platinum tier for one more year."

That's not the response I was expecting...any advice as to what magic words will trigger the correct treatment? After all, that's not a "choice" which is what was promised.
Old May 9, 2017, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by MKE-MR
And indeed, MMHV (my mileage has varied )
I emailed them because I was in just about exactly your situation, and want the extention and qcredits. I got back:
"Upon browsing your membership account, we have noticed that you have earned sufficient Qpoints to renew your Platinum tier.

Hence, you will retain your Platinum tier for one more year."

That's not the response I was expecting...any advice as to what magic words will trigger the correct treatment? After all, that's not a "choice" which is what was promised.
Did you already have enough qpoints accrued to renew platinum? If so, and because globetrotter only offered an extension to your current year, then perhaps they think that giving you the extension is actually not giving you anything as you already have next year in the bag from your accrued qpoints. Presumably they have offered you the 50,000 qmiles instead?
Old May 9, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
Did you already have enough qpoints accrued to renew platinum? If so, and because globetrotter only offered an extension to your current year, then perhaps they think that giving you the extension is actually not giving you anything as you already have next year in the bag from your accrued qpoints. Presumably they have offered you the 50,000 qmiles instead?
Yes, that's right, but in reading your post I thought you were in the same situation?

I also have a mountain of miles and really wanted the QCredits as that would allow me to use up 15 which are expiring otherwise. I don't fly any route short enough to burn 15 QCredits for upgrades, and the other things they can be used for are not useful to me at all.
Old May 9, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MKE-MR
Yes, that's right, but in reading your post I thought you were in the same situation?

I also have a mountain of miles and really wanted the QCredits as that would allow me to use up 15 which are expiring otherwise. I don't fly any route short enough to burn 15 QCredits for upgrades, and the other things they can be used for are not useful to me at all.
My tier was extended (although not my choice!) but my qcredits weren't renewed. I expect they are still due to renew when I reach my tier renewal date.

Looks like everyone's milage may vary
Old May 9, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Originally Posted by purple1addict
My tier was extended (although not my choice!) but my qcredits weren't renewed. I expect they are still due to renew when I reach my tier renewal date.

Looks like everyone's milage may vary
I thought this too but if you go onto the my benefits page of QRPC under the current benefits are 60 QCredits with a validity of (in my case) Jan 2018 - Jan 2019.

I still want the miles instead however
Old May 10, 2017, 3:23 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
After having requested by e-mail the 50,000 Qmiles bonus instead of a 1 year Platinum tier renewal on 30th April, I've just ended to get the 50,000 Qmiles this evening on my account
I'm an happy Globe Trotter and ready for the next campaign if any
Old May 11, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: Qatar Plat, EK Gold
there might not be a next campaign, that is key to why I took the extension

Platinum status is the real prize here, not the points IMO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.