Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Globetrotter promotion returns May 12, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globetrotter promotion returns May 12, 2016

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: Qatar Plat, EK Gold
to check expiration date, click on your name on top right of page after logging in to QR site, drop down will list date
Old May 11, 2017, 1:21 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by jonspencer
Platinum status is the real prize here, not the points IMO
Unless you've just renewed Platinum and have almost already enough Qpoints to renew it in 1 year, like me ;-)
Old May 11, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
there might not be a next campaign, that is key to why I took the extension

Platinum status is the real prize here, not the points IMO

I disagree for 2 reasons:
a) If you have (or will have until tier expiration date) enough Qpoints to renew Platinum then you will also get your new 60 Qcredits. So no advantage for tier extenion.
b) If you cannot renrw Platinum "regularly" you will most certainely fall back to Gold 8with 40 new Qcredits). I doubt that the additional perks of Platinum vs. Gold plus maybe 20 more Qcredits outweigh 50.000 Qmiles.
Old May 11, 2017, 4:41 pm

Programs: Qatar Plat, EK Gold
as oneworld Emerald it is nice to get access to the Cathay 1st Class Wing Lounge, the JAL 1st Class Lounge at Nariita with free massage++ , the Admirals Club at the otherwise dismal O''hare

I find this particularly satisfying when holding a cheap oneworld airline Economy Class ticket

you cannot access these lounges by paying points or $$$, only with status or a 1st Class ticket

50,000 points can be spent quickly, so the above is what my opinion is based on, interpret it how you like ;-)
Old May 12, 2017, 7:22 am

Programs: QR Platinum
as oneworld Emerald it is nice to get access to the Cathay 1st Class Wing Lounge, the JAL 1st Class Lounge at Nariita with free massage++ , the Admirals Club at the otherwise dismal O''hare

I find this particularly satisfying when holding a cheap oneworld airline Economy Class ticket

you cannot access these lounges by paying points or $$$, only with status or a 1st Class ticket

50,000 points can be spent quickly, so the above is what my opinion is based on, interpret it how you like ;-)
May we agree that it really depends on your travelling patterns (routes, booking classes)? I very rarely fly to/from Hongkong or Tokyo but you seem to do. The QR FC lounges are restricted to F-ticket holders anyway. So for me it makes no sense at all Sir ;-)
Old May 12, 2017, 7:27 am

Free Massage++?!
Old Jun 24, 2017, 4:30 pm

any news from Globetrotter Promotion 2017???
Old Jun 24, 2017, 5:32 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, QR Silver, Accor, BA
I can only assume that if nothing is announced by the end of the month that there will be no GT this year :-/
Old Jun 25, 2017, 5:13 am

klaus26 welcome to Flyertalk, and especially the QR forum.

It is not even three months since the last Globetrotter campaign finished and thus too soon to consider launching a new one.
Add to this the current crisis where all QR staff should be working flat out t maintain the best possible schedule and where a large number of members are cut off from participating and if there is to be a new globetrotter this year then it will be late in the year.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Also, there is the possibility that it maybe is scheduled to play out a couple months AFTER the most recent campaign finished so that people are not able to just ladder up based on the globe trader promotion alone! ie, someone who was silver last year could have completed only four flights with QR and qualified to Gold with very few actual flights and then potentially done the same campaign and earned Platinum with only four flights. Thus, it makes sense that QR wait enough time that some drop down a level before starting the campaign again (at least that is what I would do if I built the marketing campaign for them . )
Old Jun 25, 2017, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by remdk
klaus26 welcome to Flyertalk, and especially the QR forum.

It is not even three months since the last Globetrotter campaign finished and thus too soon to consider launching a new one.
Add to this the current crisis where all QR staff should be working flat out t maintain the best possible schedule and where a large number of members are cut off from participating and if there is to be a new globetrotter this year then it will be late in the year.
GT 15-16 launched the start of April 2015 IIRC, while GT 16-17 was launched mid-May 2016. Therefore, were it not for the current issues in the country, I would say that it would start by the end of June. If not, there would be an issue with retention of platinum status for getting the 4 badges.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
Also, there is the possibility that it maybe is scheduled to play out a couple months AFTER the most recent campaign finished so that people are not able to just ladder up based on the globe trader promotion alone! ie, someone who was silver last year could have completed only four flights with QR and qualified to Gold with very few actual flights and then potentially done the same campaign and earned Platinum with only four flights. Thus, it makes sense that QR wait enough time that some drop down a level before starting the campaign again (at least that is what I would do if I built the marketing campaign for them . )
I did pretty much that. In May 2016 I was silver and got a double Qpoints promo offer. By flying LHR-PER and returning SIN-FRA I just made Gold with 300 Qpoints (my first trip to Australia made just for that purpose... my trip was actually for going to Singapore). I then flew LHR-SIN for the second badge, and two weeks later returned MNL-BCN for the third. A return trip LHR-DXB-BHX was made for the fourth (my first trip to the UAE). So yeah, three return flights for going OW Ruby to OW Emerald. I think I might qualify for FT award for fastest ascent ever to OW Emerald
Old Jun 25, 2017, 10:10 am

InternationalLiving Globetrotter 15 ended in December 15 whilst Globetrotter 16/17 ended in Match 2017 with the upgrades being awarded from January 16 and April 17. A difference of 15 months which really invalidates the idea of using the four globetrotter badges to retain Platinum!
Old Jun 25, 2017, 10:41 am

remdk but what then was the purpose of 1 year extension or additional 50k miles for existing platinum cardholders then? I guess only if you had a bit of remaining time on your platinum membership to last until the GT award?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:04 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by InternationalLiving
remdk but what then was the purpose of 1 year extension or additional 50k miles for existing platinum cardholders then? I guess only if you had a bit of remaining time on your platinum membership to last until the GT award?
A few of us travel enough that we don't need the globe trotter campaign to bump us up to Platinum. However, for those that don't make it on their own, it gives them the chance to experience an advanced loyalty program level with the hope that once they experienced and found value in it, they would go out of their way in the future to retain it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.