Search
Old Nov 5, 2015, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Morgo
Print Wikipost

Current QR Sale Fares

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2015, 1:23 pm

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Just had an email from Qatar for a 241 sale - but only from the UK as far as I can tell.

Lead in price from Birmingham to Zanzibar for £2695 for two people
Old Nov 11, 2015, 1:27 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Luxury is better with a companion. Take advantage of our fabulous Business Class offers for you and your travel companion starting from £2,695* (for 2) to a range of exciting destinations worldwide.
Onboard Qatar Airways, you'll enjoy our signature 5-star hospitality, a carefully selected wine list, 2,000 entertainment options and the World's Best Business Class Seat (2015 Skytrax Awards).

Book your Business Class companion tickets by 22nd November 2015 for travel between 21st November 2015 and 7th July 2016, excluding peak season blackouts.

Hurry, seats are stictly limited so book today.

Terms and conditions

Valid on Qatar Airways operated flights from London Heathrow (LHR), Birmingham (BHX), Manchester (MAN) and Edinburgh (EDI), via Doha (DOH) only.
Travel from London Heathrow (LHR) is only valid on flights QR 007 / 008 and QR 015 / 016.
Valid for sales from 11th November - 22nd November 2015 inclusive.
Valid for travel between 21st November 2015 - 7th July 2016, excluding peak times when seats maybe limited.
Companion offer discount calculations are based on year round fares (BUSINESS SAVER / BUSINESS VALUE). Other promotional fares apply for individual Business Class travel.
Offer only applicable for passengers (2 people minimum) travelling together in the same booking in Business Class. All passengers must travel together on all sectors of the journey. Maximum 8 passengers.
Advance Purchase: 10Days.
Advertised fares are based on 2 people travelling together including taxes and airport charges (for November travel) calculated as 5th November 2015.
Advertised fares for Birmingham / Sydney / Adelaide are based on 2 people travelling together including taxes and airport charges (for May 2016 travel) calculated as 5th November 2015.
Companion discount is applicable on the fare portion of the ticket only; taxes and surcharges apply for each ticket. Fares subject to change without notice.
Discount applies to Business Class return tickets to select destinations. For flights where Business Class is not operated in the cabin, First Class is applicable.
Seats are limited and are subject to availability of the relevant booking class.
Changes before and after departure: USD200 for GCC, Middle East, Indian Sub-continent and Africa destinations / USD300 for Far East and Australia destinations.
Cancellations before and after departure: Non-refundable. The ticket is non-refundable and non-changeable s.
in case of no-show.
Minimum stay: 3 days.
Maximum stay: 12 months.
Stopovers: 1 stopover permitted in Doha (maximum stay 7 nights) Inbound or Outbound at a charge of USD200. Up to 4 additional stopovers permiteed outside of Doha Inbound or Outbound: First stopover free of charge (FOC); following stopovers permitted at a charge of USD200.
Weekend surcharges of GBP60 applies to Fri/Sat travel.
For full terms and conditions, please review at the time of booking.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 1:33 pm

So what's your verdict, msm2000uk?

Prices don't look that great to me....
Old Nov 11, 2015, 1:35 pm

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
I looked around from LHR-BKK.. It's not a good 2-4-1, well not for me. Being from Sweden it comes out to be around 22,000 sek per person. This last Global sale was so much better.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 1:53 pm

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by BlackBerryAddict
So what's your verdict, msm2000uk?

Prices don't look that great to me....
The fares are normal for a QR 2-4-1 Sale.

The 2-4-1 Sales aren't great compared to the Global Sales, but they do offer a small saving.

I have noticed that with QR, the Sales are aimed at different people.

The quick sales, with a 3 day minimum stay (in J), are aimed at business travellers. The recent Global Sale, had a 7 day minimum stay (in J), so clearly aimed at the leisure traveller.

Pricing alone with QR is not necessarily why their Sales are attractive, so one must look at the Terms and Conditions opposed to just the price.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 2:09 pm

Maybe I'm used to the ex-EU sales on QR , and not so much anymore to the ex-UK ones. Both the last ones I did were from continental Europe - those are very good value.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by BlackBerryAddict
Maybe I'm used to the ex-EU sales on QR , and not so much anymore to the ex-UK ones. Both the last ones I did were from continental Europe - those are very good value.
I agree entirely.

I have stopped flying ex-UK with QR, because the pricing is still too expensive...that being said, it is considerably cheaper than BA due to the 3 day minimum stay.

I don't know if the 2-4-1 Sale is also available in mainland European countries, but I'm sure someone will be along soon to advise if they have received the deal.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 3:05 pm

I checked the usual suspects, but none were showing a 241 sale....yet
Old Nov 13, 2015, 5:48 am

BlackBerryAddict Each destination controls its own sales and just because UK has a 2.4.1. sale does not mean that other destinations have to do the same. It very much depends upon the market situation at each destination.

The Global sale earlier this month was a 2.4.1. sale.
This can be seen by the sale prices as opposed to prices today. For example CPH-HKG in J was 11145 DKK during the Global sale but is now 18335 DKK. When looking at these prices please remember the current volatile exchange rates, taxes etc.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by remdk
BlackBerryAddict Each destination controls its own sales and just because UK has a 2.4.1. sale does not mean that other destinations have to do the same. It very much depends upon the market situation at each destination.

The Global sale earlier this month was a 2.4.1. sale.
This can be seen by the sale prices as opposed to prices today. For example CPH-HKG in J was 11145 DKK during the Global sale but is now 18335 DKK. When looking at these prices please remember the current volatile exchange rates, taxes etc.
I wonder whether they do. They may be well be a European wide sales management that decides on sales, but I don't know. Anyway, the last couple of years the 241 sales ran in most of Europe at the same time. This time they don't - it's only the UK.

By the way, I don't think the latest Global Sale was a 241 - you could buy these tickets just for one traveller. They were good prices, and and similar in level to previous 241 sales, but it was not a 241 sale this time.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 9:29 am

BlackBerryAddict I suggest that you look at the 2 for 1 not 2 for 1 thread. QR explained at the time that 2 for 1 was valid for any number of passengers. It divides the two person price by 2 for 1 person and then multiplies that price by the number of passengers for other numbers. The following e-mail quote from QR defines their definition of 2 for 1.

"I will try to make some calculations below to clarify. Ticket prices are very complex, and the prices changes from day to day. Ticket taxes are calculated into DKK from other currencies, so below prices are made today. Please note they are taken from Amadeus - our booking system - I have not used the internet:

2 for 1 offer to HKG in I class:

DKK21028,- for 2 persons including taxes (7540+7540+2974+2974)

1 person ordinary I class ticket:

DKK18099 (15125+2974)

So if you take the ordinary I class fare and add taxes for person 2 (2974), you will end at DKK 21073 (18099+2974) making it the same fare as the 2 for 1.

The tricky part this time is, that the offer has also been filed for 1 person, 3 persons, 5 persons and so on, so families of 3 or 5 etc. also can benefit from this offer. That is why you can price one person to DKK10514, but this is also a "2 for 1"campaign far - valid only for one person."

So 2 for 1 in not, and has never been, a true 2 for 1 sale but a half price sale.

You will find several postings on this forum where there are good prices from one destination but not from others. A good example is Scandinavia where the prices from CPH, OSL AND ARN vary widely even when differing currencies are taken into account. Naturally there is a certain coordination between destinations but nowhere near as much as you think. Maybe destinations sheepishly follow a lead so as not to lose custom.

I hope that this clears up any misunderstandings.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 3:18 am

QR is running a 2 for 1 Biz Class promotion ex-BKK/HKT

http://www.qatarairways.com/th/en/of...ium-offer.page

Sales period: 26th - 30th November 2015.
Travel period: 26th November 2015 - 30th June 2016.
Blackout dates (travel not allowed): Outbound 2nd-14th Jan 16 and 1st - 11th Apr 16, Inbound 18th Dec 15 - 10th Jan 16, 17th - 26th Mar 16, 10th - 14th Apr 16 and 30th Jun - 11th Jul 16.
Companion fare: minimum of 2 passengers and maximum of 8 passengers travel together at any time in one booking.
Valid on Qatar Airways operated flights.
Fares include all applicable discounts, fees, taxes and airport charges. Service fees may apply for tickets purchased at Qatar Airways sales offices or through travel agents.
Seats are limited and are subject to availability of the relevant booking class: I for Business travel.
Minimum stay: 3 days
Maximum stay: 2 months for Business Class (I).
Tickets must be purchased at least 3 days prior to departure for Business Class (I).
On selected routings, weekend surcharge may apply. Please refer to fare rules for details.
Discount applies to instant purchases only.
Tickets are non-endorsable and non-transferable.
Changes any time: Permitted at a charge of USD 50 for Business class (I). Any fare & tax difference need to be collected in addition in case of rerouting/ upselling.
Refunds any time: Permitted at a charge of USD 100 for Business class (I).
Exception: Full refund if entry visa is not approved, supported by a proper document from the Embassy.
No-show: Non Refundable / Non Changable
For travel involving multiple booking classes, the most restrictive fare rules apply on the entire itinerary.
Discount for child is not permitted. Child and Adult must apply the same Fare.
Please note that on selected dates and destinations, lower market–specific promotion fares may be available. All available options, together with the applicable terms & conditions for each fare will be displayed at time of booking for you to make your selection.
A different set of terms and conditions applies for travel originating from different countries. Please check their respective country sites for more information.
Other terms & conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 3:21 am

The BOGO price ex-Thailand seems only valid for European destinations. I tried both north and south americas but only Fare Class D and above are available for sale.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 2:45 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
How often does QR have special offers? / Looking for cheaper way to book second ticke

Hi

I booked the following itinerary in business for about 1300$ with last month's campaign.
Now I'd like to take my new gf on the trip with me, but even eco tickets are super expensive:

I can't find any award seats either.

Should I just buy the stupid eco ticket for her or is there still some hope that there may be another special offer for that period before March?

Any other ideas for how to book this for less $$$?

Thanks.

Last edited by ChocolateFactory; Dec 6, 2015 at 5:11 pm
Old Dec 4, 2015, 5:51 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
You didn't include the route but I would say the chances of a promotion coming up before March are high. I am not able to give any prediction of when that might be but others may be more knowledgable. There is no guarantee that it will include the same dates and routes at a similar price to the one you have purchased. If were you however I would hang on and wait and see rather than buy anything today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.