Search
Old Nov 5, 2015, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Morgo
Print Wikipost

Current QR Sale Fares

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2015, 7:27 pm

The Hong Kong site shows a fare sale available up to Nov 12, only for selected destinations, in both economy and business. Business class looks like 35% off.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 7:52 pm

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
On past experience I would wait until daytime Qatar time on 2nd and possibly a bit longer . I've seen the promotion posted before the fares are even loaded and as of now the 2 for 1 promotion isn't even official. Someone will notice when the 2 for 1 fares have been loaded . For the ticket I'm after the price hasn't changed from last week so far .
Old Nov 1, 2015, 8:49 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
It is crazy sometimes

A few days ago I see a promotion on BKK-AMS in J for 60k THB, book until 15 dec for flying until 30 June 2016. I prefer flying to BRU but at 110K THB I would rather book to AMS. Considering "book until 15 dec" I decide "lets wait to dec, credit card will be charged in Jan.

I check rates yesterday, no more AMS promotion!
OK, similar promotion will come back sooner or later.

Thus today I see promotion 2 to 6 nov, BKK-BRU 26K Y and 85K J
and AMS for 22K Y or 63K J....

Every week a promotion???

I might book a Y ticket on 4 nov (credit card charge next month then) and try to upgrade to J early jan with platinum credits/miles or just wait and book in jan....
Old Nov 1, 2015, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by tartempion
It is crazy sometimes

A few days ago I see a promotion on BKK-AMS in J for 60k THB, book until 15 dec for flying until 30 June 2016. I prefer flying to BRU but at 110K THB I would rather book to AMS. Considering "book until 15 dec" I decide "lets wait to dec, credit card will be charged in Jan.

I check rates yesterday, no more AMS promotion!
OK, similar promotion will come back sooner or later.

Thus today I see promotion 2 to 6 nov, BKK-BRU 26K Y and 85K J
and AMS for 22K Y or 63K J....

Every week a promotion???

I might book a Y ticket on 4 nov (credit card charge next month then) and try to upgrade to J early jan with platinum credits/miles or just wait and book in jan....
From my short experience with QR , the business class 2 for 1 promotions have shown the best fares that I've seen .Having already paid more thinking it was still a good price . Still not sure if its global or regional though ?

and I don't think the fares are loaded yet .

Last edited by crombiestone; Nov 1, 2015 at 9:20 pm
Old Nov 1, 2015, 9:50 pm

Fares clearly aren't loaded yet (at least from the northern european gateways ARN, OSL, CPH)
Old Nov 1, 2015, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Loaded from Paris. Very interesting fares like EUR1,610 for HKG
(not sure if they are already available for booking, my dates did not work)

Last edited by brunos; Nov 1, 2015 at 10:09 pm
Old Nov 1, 2015, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by brunos
Loaded from Paris. Very interesting
No change in ME yet
Old Nov 1, 2015, 10:14 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Some great deals advertised on Exclusive Offers:
OSL-MLE 10695 NOK ($1260)
ARN-HKG 10395 SEK ($1220)
Old Nov 1, 2015, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by price123
Some great deals advertised on Exclusive Offers:
OSL-MLE 10695 NOK ($1260)
ARN-HKG 10395 SEK ($1220)
Yeah but try finding OSL-MLE - either they are wrong or (hopefully) the fares are not yet loaded. Have been refreshing the site for the past one hour no luck yet...
Old Nov 1, 2015, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by Mogensen
Yeah but try finding OSL-MLE - either they are wrong or (hopefully) the fares are not yet loaded. Have been refreshing the site for the past one hour no luck yet...
Remember this is the Middle East .... Wait until later today .I have seen before the website is updated before the fares but seeing the web page it doesn't seem to be 2 for 1 just discounted . If I notice a change in the fare I'm watching I will post .
Old Nov 1, 2015, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Fares from Paris are loaded. Tons of availability. Around 1,600 to HKG or KUL, less than 1,500 to Tokyo.
But impossible to understand the fare rules in case of change. Are they pricing on historical with a change fee of 275EUR? And what is validity?

THis is NOT a 2 for 1 sale, just a single sale. Last 2 for 1 was arounf 1,800 for HKG, so that is even better
Old Nov 1, 2015, 11:49 pm

Nothing on HK page yet. ~2700 USD RT to EU on "Business Promo"...meh. Already thinking this will be another non-Ex-Asia-sale...
Old Nov 2, 2015, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by guidospizza
Nothing on HK page yet. ~2700 USD RT to EU on "Business Promo"...meh. Already thinking this will be another non-Ex-Asia-sale...
HKG is a very expensive point of origin. Fares to Europe in J are always very high.
USD2,700 is a very good price for HKG to EU. The best sales on BA, AF, LH are typically a thousand dollars more when including taxes and surcharge.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 1:02 am

Ex CMB, the price is the same as 2 for 1. Flew about 130,000 Rupees and now same price too. I think this is comparable to 2 for 1 price. Ex HKG and SIN no good deal. Better ex CMB.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 1:20 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by hamzeus
Hi msm2000uk:
you seem to be very knowledgeable about QR so quick question:
assuming the sale is great, when purchasing a pair of tix, should I register for Qatar miles/points or another carrier?
I'm in Delta's hometown and they aren't part of oneworld..and haven't had to fly AA due to being in DL territory...yet at the same time, QR will be flying direct here next summer and can see myself flying on them atleast 3x a year.
Thoughts? Thanks in advance
Hi Hamzeus,

If you're mostly flying from ATL, and have no interest in flying on DL (thus Skyteam), then it might be worth investigating QR Privilege Club.

However, this will be dependent on you using QR for the majority of your long-haul travel - which is not always convenient if you are heading to mainland Europe. Without knowing a little more about your usual travel routes, it is hard to give a definitive answer.

It may be worth looking into registering with the BA Executive Club (as you can then credit any AA flights you take to that account too).

Hope the above helps,

M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.