Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2019, 7:09 am

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Gold, , IHG Gold
Thank you
Old Apr 22, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by plunet
If if there were a definitive list, QR operations likes to play their joker very frequently and make frames swaps resulting in frequent changes.

Have you looked at the info on the QR website? You can use the drop downs to review routes.

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-gb/onboard/qsuite.html​​​​​

However, even though QR have the intent to schedule the rotations listed, that dies not happen in practice. Take the example of Singapore, which even had local promotional activity to highlight the availability of the QSuite on all flights to and from SIN earlier this year only for there to be a bunch of changes through spring removing the A351 from many rotations.

YMMV.
I would also add that not all cities are listed. Boston has been getting Q suites since April 1 but is not listed. And as always, last minute swaps are possible.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by 909account
Thanks for the advise. Seems my Qatar website doesn’t allow me. I get more air miles booking direct on QR site. Seems I can do it on BA or Cathay instead.
Selecting another country or global English QR website might help as they all don’t seem to run the same version and have the same glitches and bugs...
Old Apr 22, 2019, 2:07 pm

If if there were a definitive list, QR operations likes to play their joker very frequently and make frames swaps resulting in frequent changes.

Have you looked at the info on the QR website? You can use the drop downs to review routes.

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-gb/onboard/qsuite.html​​​​​

However, even though QR have the intent to schedule the rotations listed, that dies not happen in practice. Take the example of Singapore, which even had local promotional activity to highlight the availability of the QSuite on all flights to and from SIN earlier this year only for there to be a bunch of changes through spring removing the A351 from many rotations.

YMMV.
Many thanks for that
Old Apr 22, 2019, 6:32 pm

Traveling from JFK to MSY in august 2019

Hello all, newbie here. I am looking to go to NOLA in early to mid august after Jazzfest for my girlfriends birthday. I have looked at airfares and they are approaching 500 a ticket, which seems to be very expensive. I'm wondering if I should wait to book the tickets as I am going to stay in an Airbnb down there. Any reason why the fares are so expensive. I have searched from leaving JFK Thursday and coming back on a sunday. Any suggestions anyone can give me I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by bigsez73
Hello all, newbie here. I am looking to go to NOLA in early to mid august after Jazzfest for my girlfriends birthday. I have looked at airfares and they are approaching 500 a ticket, which seems to be very expensive. I'm wondering if I should wait to book the tickets as I am going to stay in an Airbnb down there. Any reason why the fares are so expensive. I have searched from leaving JFK Thursday and coming back on a sunday. Any suggestions anyone can give me I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance
Probably you're on the wrong forum. Qatar Airways doesn't fly to MSY and does not have rights to carry domestic pax inside the United States.
Please refer to the respective forum of the airline that you have found the expensive ticket.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I'm looking at a fight from LHR to BKK via DOH. The connection time is listed as 55 minutes. Seems tight. Is that doable? What happens if the incoming flight is late - or the connection is missed just because it's physically impossible to get through the transit security to the onward gate/aircraft?
Old Apr 24, 2019, 11:21 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by webstereo
I'm looking at a fight from LHR to BKK via DOH. The connection time is listed as 55 minutes. Seems tight. Is that doable? What happens if the incoming flight is late - or the connection is missed just because it's physically impossible to get through the transit security to the onward gate/aircraft?
55mins will usually be fine. Doha airport is built for transit and it's minimum connection time is 45mins. Qatar flights are also usually on schedule, although there are always exceptions.

In the event that you were to misconnect and your journey is all on one ticket you will be put on the next available flight to BKK and I think with 6 flights a day you won't usually have to wait that long for the next one - just check out the schedule for the next available flights.

On an optimised connection like this getting a layout plan of the airport that you can refer to can be handy to try to avoid heading off in the wrong direction in the first place, although there are usually gate staff milling around upon arrival you can ask.

Another quirk to be aware of is that you may or may not be directed into transit security on arrival at Doha. Each day a random selection of flights are permitted to avoid transit security and coming from Heathrow you have a good chance this might include your flight. If you don't have an escalator heading upwards upon arrival out of the airbridge you will typically tip out onto the main concourse and you can go directly to the gate. Transit security usually doesn't take too long, you usually need to take electronic devices out, and if your connection is tight you can approach a member of staff to queue jump if needed.

Happy flying!
MHTFlyer likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 11:36 am

schedule avail for feb 2020?

New to Qatar. I'm trying to book flights NYC--Addis Ababa in Feb 2020. Using the site's booking tool, the non-stop from Doha--the flight I want--drops off the schedule some time in January 2020. Does this mean they'll cease service on this route then? Or is it too far out and I should just wait? I want to book now, and the non-stop is perfect for me.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 1:30 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways, FlyDubai
Originally Posted by jenae
New to Qatar. I'm trying to book flights NYC--Addis Ababa in Feb 2020. Using the site's booking tool, the non-stop from Doha--the flight I want--drops off the schedule some time in January 2020. Does this mean they'll cease service on this route then? Or is it too far out and I should just wait? I want to book now, and the non-stop is perfect for me.
Hi! The booking system should work for feb 2020. However, if it doesn't on the Qatar Airways website, try skyscanner or another flight search engine to see if the flight is available in the period you want. In case it does show in any of the other search engines, send an email to Qatar Airways and ask. It may be an issue with the booking engine. Another good option is to look for all your travel details (flights +/- hotel etc) on search engines like BookingBuddy. You can select the flight you want (and if the flight you want is available, you'll find it there).
I hope this helped!
Old Apr 24, 2019, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Gold, , IHG Gold
55mins will usually be fine. Doha airport is built for transit and it's minimum connection time is 45mins. Qatar flights are also usually on schedule, although there are always exceptions.

In the event that you were to misconnect and your journey is all on one ticket you will be put on the next available flight to BKK and I think with 6 flights a day you won't usually have to wait that long for the next one - just check out the schedule for the next available flights.

On an optimised connection like this getting a layout plan of the airport that you can refer to can be handy to try to avoid heading off in the wrong direction in the first place, although there are usually gate staff milling around upon arrival you can ask.

Another quirk to be aware of is that you may or may not be directed into transit security on arrival at Doha. Each day a random selection of flights are permitted to avoid transit security and coming from Heathrow you have a good chance this might include your flight. If you don't have an escalator heading upwards upon arrival out of the airbridge you will typically tip out onto the main concourse and you can go directly to the gate. Transit security usually doesn't take too long, you usually need to take electronic devices out, and if your connection is tight you can approach a member of staff to queue jump if needed.

Happy flying!
Thank you for this...I too have a tight connection and was worried. I have heard the terminal is huge and I am not able to walk fast. Do you know if there are electric buggies in the terminal? I don't need a wheelchair but if I can catch a ride, it would be very helpful.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 11:42 pm

Programs: BAEC
I think there are buggies going up and down but I suspect any form of transit assistance may need to be pre-booked via the airline.

https://dohahamadairport.com/faq/i-n...ial-assistance

There is also the option to pay for a premium Al Maha service, although for transit which guarantees queue jumping at transit security if you get directed that way.

https://www.al-mahaservices.com/almaha#/transit

There are travelators once on you get into the main concourse, and there is the monorail system that runs the length of the C section of the terminal. I can't recall if there are travelators on the upper level walkways to assist with the journey from the gate towards the transit security.

I guess it might be one of those things where if you are in doubt whether you need it or not it's probably better to book something otherwise you can end up worrying if you can transit ok. You might avoid transit security, and leave from the adjacent gate, or you might need to go through transit security and go to the furthest gate (which might be 20 mins away for a normal bodied person).

Last edited by plunet; Apr 25, 2019 at 1:04 am
Old Apr 24, 2019, 11:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold

Happy flying!
Ok, thanks for your answer.
I've only been through DOH twice but both times had to go through transit security. (so four times I guess with return)
Good to know it's do-able - but even so I think I'll select a longer connection just to avoid the stress.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I can't recall if there are travelators on the upper level walkways to assist with the journey from the gate towards the transit security.
There are.
plunet likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 2:55 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
In the event that you were to misconnect and your journey is all on one ticket you will be put on the next available flight to BKK and I think with 6 flights a day you won't usually have to wait that long for the next one
7 flights a day

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.