Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2019, 1:28 am

I wish there was a detailed list of what QR passengers can use with their gold membership. The one world site is too vague
Old Apr 19, 2019, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by Tony712
i have one more quick question.... QR web site says Gold members have lounge access plus one. Is this just Qatar lounges or all OW lounges?
all OW!
personally i have recently been to Qantas and BA and already CA lounges with my Qatar PC which is also OW status. dind fly any of them ...
Old Apr 19, 2019, 3:25 am

cheers
Old Apr 19, 2019, 7:04 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by Tony712
I wish there was a detailed list of what QR passengers can use with their gold membership. The one world site is too vague
The OW website is quite comprehensive about lounges - what exactly do you find vague there?
Old Apr 20, 2019, 4:20 am

Is there a definitive list of routes for Q suites anywhere, and more importantly, dates for new routes ?
Old Apr 20, 2019, 1:05 pm

I'd like to use AA miles to book a QR J ticket to either NBO or ZNZ from anywhere in the USA. A month back when I was searching, I remember seeing a ton of space from a variety of US gateways. Now, I can't find a single open seat. I'm searching a variety of US cities as the origin (LAX, DFW, IAH, ORD, JFK) and search both NBO/ZNZ as well as just to DOH. Using both the AA and BA sites and coming up empty. Am I missing something or did inventory just totally dry up?
Old Apr 20, 2019, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by nader
I'd like to use AA miles to book a QR J ticket to either NBO or ZNZ from anywhere in the USA. A month back when I was searching, I remember seeing a ton of space from a variety of US gateways. Now, I can't find a single open seat. I'm searching a variety of US cities as the origin (LAX, DFW, IAH, ORD, JFK) and search both NBO/ZNZ as well as just to DOH. Using both the AA and BA sites and coming up empty. Am I missing something or did inventory just totally dry up?
Reward flight availability on QR flights to/from the USA is really competitive. If you don't book as you see it, it might be gone within an hour as well. Just a reminder that like all airlines, QR gives priorities to their own Privilege Club members for reward ticket availability compared to other alliance partners.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Reward flight availability on QR flights to/from the USA is really competitive.
I believe that. But this feels somewhat strange. A month ago (when I didn't have enough miles) I was finding space for nearly every day in October from a variety of origins. Now, there is nothing for October, November, December. Hell, I even searched May, June, July, etc. Not a single flight. Did I just get *extremely* lucky before?
Old Apr 20, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Deleted
Old Apr 20, 2019, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Gold, , IHG Gold
PBI-LGA/JFK-DOH -- First leg on JetBlue, Q about IRROPS help

Hi -- I am a pretty seasoned traveler but this is my first trip on QR. I booked a J ticket on the QR website that has me going from PBI to LGA on Jetblue, then transfer to JFK for flight to DOH. I have over 5 hours to get from LGA to JFK and no checked luggage, and will either take the Airporter bus or an Uber so not overly concerned about that. My worry is if there is IRROPS on the first leg; I assume that since the whole thing was booked via QR, even though I am on JB on the first leg, QR will take care of me. Could someone please confirm? I know I could call them, but I always get better info here and I don't have to sit on hold for 30 mins.

Thank you in advance.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by MHTFlyer
Hi -- I am a pretty seasoned traveler but this is my first trip on QR. I booked a J ticket on the QR website that has me going from PBI to LGA on Jetblue, then transfer to JFK for flight to DOH. I have over 5 hours to get from LGA to JFK and no checked luggage, and will either take the Airporter bus or an Uber so not overly concerned about that. My worry is if there is IRROPS on the first leg; I assume that since the whole thing was booked via QR, even though I am on JB on the first leg, QR will take care of me. Could someone please confirm? I know I could call them, but I always get better info here and I don't have to sit on hold for 30 mins.

Thank you in advance.
In case of IRROPS, if your flight from PBI lands 4 hours or earlier than your QR flight, you should go to JFK as the minimum connection time for B6 to QR for a LGA-JFK connection is 4 hours. For example, if the B6 flight arrives to LGA 4h01min before the scheduled departure flight, even though there would be lots of traffic, it would be your responsibility to make it. However, if your flight from PBI arrives to LGA 3h59 minutes before your flight or later, you could request to be booked on the next flight to DOH. However, you might still need to proceed to the QR JFK office to make yourself rebooked.

**-QR DI 4.00 INTER LGA - JFK
MHTFlyer likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 2:00 am

Programs: Qatar Airways, FlyDubai
Hi! The best way to get an accurate answer to these questions, applicable to your exact situation, is to call the contact number for Qatar Airways for your country. The rules are a bit different depending on the type of account (at least that's what I understood). I found the operator very helpful.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Originally Posted by nader
Last year I had the same problem however managed to get my flights ex LHR to NBO and also used miles get to London. Was worth it to be able to spend a few hours in the magnificent QR lounge in Heathrow which is amazing.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by petez
Is there a definitive list of routes for Q suites anywhere, and more importantly, dates for new routes ?
hi all, any thoughts ?
Old Apr 22, 2019, 12:39 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by petez
hi all, any thoughts ?
If if there were a definitive list, QR operations likes to play their joker very frequently and make frames swaps resulting in frequent changes.

Have you looked at the info on the QR website? You can use the drop downs to review routes.

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-gb/onboard/qsuite.html​​​​​

However, even though QR have the intent to schedule the rotations listed, that dies not happen in practice. Take the example of Singapore, which even had local promotional activity to highlight the availability of the QSuite on all flights to and from SIN earlier this year only for there to be a bunch of changes through spring removing the A351 from many rotations.

YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.