Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2019, 9:07 am

Ever since Qatar increased the amount of Qcredits required for upgrades I have been stuck with 40 of them about to expire. Of course the one flight I used to be able to use them on now requires 42 instead of original 36 I think it was. I'm guessing there is nothing I can do about it - if they can't be used on upgrades is there any other purpose or will I just have to let them expire worthless? Very annoying they delibrately made the threshold above 40 since that is the reward for for retaining gold...
Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:24 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by Tom_D
Both side of MH lounge are better in my opinion. At this time (QR morning flight) I find the MH lounge almost empty.
I find the PP very cold but the I think the food offering is better there. Since you will be in J the food will be better anyway on board so I will go for the MH J or F anytime.
Don't know about the J side but the F side of the MH lounge has a restaurant with a la carte dining and food was decent the times i've been there.. Also, of course, they have champagne in case that's a necessity for some;-)
Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by Stylewars
Ever since Qatar increased the amount of Qcredits required for upgrades I have been stuck with 40 of them about to expire. Of course the one flight I used to be able to use them on now requires 42 instead of original 36 I think it was. I'm guessing there is nothing I can do about it - if they can't be used on upgrades is there any other purpose or will I just have to let them expire worthless? Very annoying they delibrately made the threshold above 40 since that is the reward for for retaining gold...
Which flight requires 42 qcredits?
Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by a9504477
Which flight requires 42 qcredits?
Sao Paulo > Doha
Old Apr 11, 2019, 1:45 am

Programs: KLM Flying Blue, Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer, British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by Tom_D
Both side of MH lounge are better in my opinion. At this time (QR morning flight) I find the MH lounge almost empty.
I find the PP very cold but the I think the food offering is better there. Since you will be in J the food will be better anyway on board so I will go for the MH J or F anytime.
I have been to PP lounge before (when flying business class on other airlines). Personally think its just an average lounge and finding a seat during peak hours is an issue. However, I believe Qatar uses the PP First Lounge which is not the same as PP, correct? Cannot find much info on the PP First Lounge but it seems small but they do offer a menu service from what I read.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 4:37 am

It's a shame the qcredits will be completely wasted because of just 2 qcredits... As mentioned I guess it was deliberate to eliminate all golds from possibly upgrading long haul. Has anyone every found a way to get around this problem where you are just short?
Old Apr 11, 2019, 11:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by chinhk
I have been to PP lounge before (when flying business class on other airlines). Personally think its just an average lounge and finding a seat during peak hours is an issue. However, I believe Qatar uses the PP First Lounge which is not the same as PP, correct? Cannot find much info on the PP First Lounge but it seems small but they do offer a menu service from what I read.
Yes correct. PP First, as for MH lounge , it was quite empty (again QR morning time) . They do have a menu, I had a look at it but decided to eat on board (I don't remember the offering but if was not appeling).
Old Apr 17, 2019, 6:39 pm

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
Hi all.

Next month I am flying Barcelona to Doha, 1 hour connection and then to Tokyo Narita in business class. First time flying QR.

I think at least one of the segments is in Qatar Suites. I am concerned about luggage for the short connection and about the connection itself. Do I have to pass a security screening again in Doha? What about Immigration? My passports expires in June and I don't have time to renew it before this flight. I am just connecting in Doha, would that be a problem?

Thank you
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by sodaisei
Hi all.

Next month I am flying Barcelona to Doha, 1 hour connection and then to Tokyo Narita in business class. First time flying QR.

I think at least one of the segments is in Qatar Suites. I am concerned about luggage for the short connection and about the connection itself. Do I have to pass a security screening again in Doha? What about Immigration? My passports expires in June and I don't have time to renew it before this flight. I am just connecting in Doha, would that be a problem?

Thank you
There is a transit security check at Doha, immigration is not needed for transit, checked luggage on a one hour connection in Doha is no problem at all.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 10:09 pm

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
There is a transit security check at Doha, immigration is not needed for transit, checked luggage on a one hour connection in Doha is no problem at all.
Thank you!
Old Apr 18, 2019, 8:33 am

Booking flights

A few months ago I managed to book business class out and return economy. now on the web site I can only book economy out only and the return gives me an option for business! Without the obvious answer (call QR ) does anyone know how to book mixture of business and economy the sectors I want?

if I have posted this incorrectly I do apologise, I use Win XP....im not that PC savy

Last edited by 909account; Apr 18, 2019 at 8:35 am Reason: im not a smart guy
Old Apr 18, 2019, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Tony712
A few months ago I managed to book business class out and return economy. now on the web site I can only book economy out only and the return gives me an option for business! Without the obvious answer (call QR ) does anyone know how to book mixture of business and economy the sectors I want?

if I have posted this incorrectly I do apologise, I use Win XP....im not that PC savy
Yes you should be able to do a mixture of Business and Economy Class in the QR website. I have tried this recently for an intended travel that I didn't book but it's still possible. If it doesn't work, you could use an OTA took book your ticket. Kayak.com allows multiple class searches. If that doesn't work, you could use matrix.itasoftware.com and copy the fare basis to bookwithmatrix.com and book your ticket with one of the respective OTA's.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 9:26 pm

Thanks for the advise. Seems my Qatar website doesn’t allow me. I get more air miles booking direct on QR site. Seems I can do it on BA or Cathay instead.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 12:32 am

Lounge access

i have one more quick question.... QR web site says Gold members have lounge access plus one. Is this just Qatar lounges or all OW lounges?
Old Apr 19, 2019, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Tony712
i have one more quick question.... QR web site says Gold members have lounge access plus one. Is this just Qatar lounges or all OW lounges?
QR Gold is Oneworld Sapphire, so it is an alliance wide benefit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.