Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2019, 4:19 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by miro776
I guess there is no way to book your trip on QR partner redemption form. You will have to do as 2 separate r/t tickets LHR-HKG , HKG-SIN, if you want to transfer/stopover via HKG...
Yep, I noted this last year in a different thread, I'm assuming it's deliberate.

All that completing the form does it generate an email which is sent to QR to request the booking, so I wonder if it might be possible to just email QRPC directly with the booking request instead.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 6:09 am

Programs: Virtuoso TA, UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Unfortunately not. QR used to offer +Qatar, which allowed the booking of a free stopover hotel provided you had a stopover of over 12 hours in Doha, but unfortunately this free programme ended on 31st January. The hotel would not have been at the airport in any case as the only hotel at the airport in DOH is the air side airport hotel which was not included in the programme (it would have been nearby or in the city of Doha itself but the centre of Doha is not far from DOH anyway). If your reward booking is not a redemption via a partner, I believe you should be eligible for the reduced price hotel via the current QR stopover programme which allows a night in a 4 or 5 star hotel of your choice from $23 - https://www.qatarairways.com/en-lb/o...-stopover.html

Note that QR continues to offer a free hotel via the STPC programme in some situations including transportation to the hotel, but reward tickets are not eligible for this.
Ah I see, thanks. I will then look to book a stay somewhere in the city then. How early should I leave my hotel if my flight out of DOH is at 8:55am? And is it possible to do a day trip into the city, and then come back and sleep in the business lounge until departure?
Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:08 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Hi all,

I'm helping a friend guide their mother, who is a relatively inexperienced traveler and has never flown internationally before, through the process of flying Qatar Airways business out of ORD. I've flown lots of airlines' international J but never QR so wasn't sure of some specifics. A couple of questions -- want to try to give her as specific instructions as possible to minimize stress:
  • I assume Qatar check-in at T5 opens 3 hours before departure? She may be arriving at ORD significantly earlier than that so trying to figure out how to guide her through that.
  • Is it possible to check in online and get a boarding pass with Qatar when departing ORD?
  • What should she expect in terms of lounge access -- I see QR uses the AF-KL lounge at ORD; do they give out an invitation card? If it is possible to check in online, would she be able to access the AF-KL lounge using only the printed/mobile boarding pass, or would she need to get the invitation card from check-in?
Thanks!
Old Feb 18, 2019, 2:53 pm

Programs: Qatar Privilege Club
Spending Q-Miles and Q-Credits

Hello,
I have over 300.000 Q-miles and 100 Q-credits and have no way to use them since redemption on partner airlines is just impossible.

I not flying to middle east or Asia anymore instead to Europe a lot.
Would be great if someone out there could help me using them up before they expire.
Thanks
Old Feb 19, 2019, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by burger8605
From where, Doha or further afield?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: Qatar Privilege Club
I am mostly taking Lufthansa from Miami to Munich or Frankfurt, So not convenient to connect in Doha
Old Feb 19, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Hello,
I have over 300.000 Q-miles and 100 Q-credits and have no way to use them since redemption on partner airlines is just impossible.

Would be great if someone out there could help me using them up before they expire.
Thanks
You already started a new thread on this. Why post here also?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:19 pm

Is there a thread specifically for credit card referral link trading, either on Flyertalk or Reddit? I've looked but haven't seen one, just folks posting individual links for their own accounts. Thanks.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 10:40 am

I keep getting emails from QR telling me there's been a change in my flight timings, but when I check the attached e-ticket or manage my booking, it's exactly the same as it was 10 days ago when I last checked.

Now I did notice that the last time I checked flight times (17th Feb) one of my flights had moved from 2120 to 2125. I have an email from 19/1 with the previous time on it.. Is it possible that they're telling me about a 5 min change 10+ days after it happened?

All equipment and seat bookings seem to be intact.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 1:11 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Hello,

Thanks

Upgrade my upcomming flight to business with Qcredits
Old Feb 27, 2019, 4:10 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by psychokilla
I keep getting emails from QR telling me there's been a change in my flight timings, but when I check the attached e-ticket or manage my booking, it's exactly the same as it was 10 days ago when I last checked.

Now I did notice that the last time I checked flight times (17th Feb) one of my flights had moved from 2120 to 2125. I have an email from 19/1 with the previous time on it.. Is it possible that they're telling me about a 5 min change 10+ days after it happened?

All equipment and seat bookings seem to be intact.
Yes. I had the same batch of emails in the past for a minor flight time change and the email was still indicating the original flight time, not the new one :-(
It’s QR IT. Just don’t bother.
psychokilla likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:23 am

Programs: TK Elite+, FB Platinum, BAEC Gold, ALL Diamond, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador
New to QR...
my colleague is on a flight (or should I say was...) from Doha to Lahore, flight is obviously cancelled due to the situation in Pakistan.

I can see some come and going availability on QatarAirways.com for Islamabad — trying to call to try and change. 20+ minutes on the phone. Any tricks to getting this sorted quicker?
Old Mar 1, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Carry-on luggage allowance in J

Hey all,

So I have a quick question about carry-on luggage allowance in J. On QR’s website, it says J passengers can have 2 bags and says there’s a 15kg/33lb limit. Does that mean I can have 2 bags, each of which can’t exceed 15kg/33lbs or that the combined weight of the 2 bags can’t exceed 15kg/33lbs? Thanks so much!
Old Mar 1, 2019, 1:13 pm

Programs: BAEC
Combined weight cant exceed 15kg.
​​​​
Old Mar 1, 2019, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by fender5787
Hey all,

So I have a quick question about carry-on luggage allowance in J. On QR’s website, it says J passengers can have 2 bags and says there’s a 15kg/33lb limit. Does that mean I can have 2 bags, each of which can’t exceed 15kg/33lbs or that the combined weight of the 2 bags can’t exceed 15kg/33lbs? Thanks so much!
its the combined (total) weight limit of 15kg. although i sometimes have discussions when i show up with my 12kg trolley. need to convince them that combined weight means u can have one with 15kg and a second with 0kg! but from my experience if u not over 10kg on a single piece nobody complains

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.