Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2019, 10:54 am

Getting to DSP with and without award miles

Hi All,
I've been trying to book a trip out of anywhere on the east coast paying for one ticket and using AA miles for the other ticket. I must fly business class and be booked into a flight that has QSuites ( I understand there are equipment changes. I spoke to the AA desk and they said it couldn't be done. In fact they told me they could not find award mileage to DPS no matter what airline I flew from anywhere in the USA. Hard to believe. I asked if they could get me award mileage from west coast to HK and I would pay for the HK-DPS portion of the flight and again they said it couldn't be done. So here are my questions.
I am considering the following:
1. Depart on Tuesday June 11 Just buying two round trip tickets from BOS-DPS Depart on flight QR 744 and connect in DOH to flight QR 960 . This is a 14 hour layover.
Does flight QR 744 or QR 960 have Q suites???
2.Depart July 15 on flight QR961 connecting to QR 743...does either have the Qsuites?
Regarding the 14 hour layover, I'm considering getting a hotel..does it make sense?
THANKS IN ADVANCE

Last edited by fish3d; Apr 26, 2019 at 12:49 pm Reason: add...my home airport is RSW but willing to go anywhere to make this happen. 2:48 pm FARE HAS DOUBLED.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 7:12 pm

1) Aircraft type is never guaranteed even if it's planned when you book, particularily with QR.
2) You don't mention the time of your layover so it's difficult to make any other recommendations, but yes a hotel could be a good option.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by fish3d
I must fly business class and be booked into a flight that has QSuites ... I understand there are equipment changes.
These seem contradictory to me. But I'm also curious, why MUST you fly J in QSuites?
Old Apr 26, 2019, 10:08 pm
c2h

Programs: QR-PLT, AM-Platino, TK-Elite
QR to GIG/SCL

Just checking if anyone knows about QR’s plan to open the routes to GIG and SCL. Has that been shelved? Recently was browsing through their in flight magazine and those destinations are no longer mentioned in their route map.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 12:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
What does [BKK - LON] No endorsement. mean?

I'm searching economy flights online and found this - [BKK - LON] No endorsement - in the fare rules(sort of).
I'm assuming it means I won't get their points. Is that correct or does it mean something else?
Old Apr 27, 2019, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by webstereo
I'm searching economy flights online and found this - [BKK - LON] No endorsement - in the fare rules(sort of).
I'm assuming it means I won't get their points. Is that correct or does it mean something else?
That the ticket can't be transfered to another airline. It has nothing to do with mileage accrual.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 1:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Ok, great, thanks for clearing that up
Old Apr 27, 2019, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
These seem contradictory to me. But I'm also curious, why MUST you fly J in QSuites?
Perhaps I wasn't clear. I just want a biz class ticket.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by fish3d
Hi All,
I've been trying to book a trip out of anywhere on the east coast paying for one ticket and using AA miles for the other ticket. I must fly business class and be booked into a flight that has QSuites ( I understand there are equipment changes. I spoke to the AA desk and they said it couldn't be done. In fact they told me they could not find award mileage to DPS no matter what airline I flew from anywhere in the USA. Hard to believe. I asked if they could get me award mileage from west coast to HK and I would pay for the HK-DPS portion of the flight and again they said it couldn't be done. So here are my questions.
I am considering the following:
1. Depart on Tuesday June 11 Just buying two round trip tickets from BOS-DPS Depart on flight QR 744 and connect in DOH to flight QR 960 . This is a 14 hour layover.
Does flight QR 744 or QR 960 have Q suites???
2.Depart July 15 on flight QR961 connecting to QR 743...does either have the Qsuites?
Regarding the 14 hour layover, I'm considering getting a hotel..does it make sense?
THANKS IN ADVANCE
The ticket I had on hold doubled in price in literally 1/2 hour. It was about 2900 and went up to 5000. I had the ticket on hold and now have new reservations at the old price departing July 28 and returning September 11. The ticket is paid! The seat chart indicated Qsuites on the flight in and out of Boston. I have the exact same flight numbers as I did before. I'm flying with my recently retired wife and hope we are lucky in getting the right jets.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: BAEC
Your purchase (on hold) probably took the last available seat inventory in a fare bucket and what you saw later was the consequence of that.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: Qantas
Greetings! Popping my FT cherry so to speak with my first post. I am hoping to book a trip with QR in the next few days, I already have a Qantas Frequent Flyer account (not enough points for redeeming as yet), I have searched for an answer but to no avail - at what point in the QR booking process will it ask for my QFF number? Or won’t it? I signed up for the Privilege Club tonight but not sure if that’s the right way to do it? I know the earn rate with QF isn’t great but feel I’d get more use out of the extra QF points. I will be booking a business class fare if that makes a difference. Many thanks in advance for any advice!
Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Oaksdane
Greetings! Popping my FT cherry so to speak with my first post. I am hoping to book a trip with QR in the next few days, I already have a Qantas Frequent Flyer account (not enough points for redeeming as yet), I have searched for an answer but to no avail - at what point in the QR booking process will it ask for my QFF number? Or won’t it? I signed up for the Privilege Club tonight but not sure if that’s the right way to do it? I know the earn rate with QF isn’t great but feel I’d get more use out of the extra QF points. I will be booking a business class fare if that makes a difference. Many thanks in advance for any advice!
I think it is in the passenger details just before payment. But it is certainly there somewhere. Have put in my JAL number several times.

There is no point in splitting your points on two oneworld accounts. And with the latest devaluation of the program, Privilege Club is hardly an attractive option to accrue to.
Oaksdane likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 5:10 am

Thanks CPH-Flyer, it’s all sorted now. I tried booking on the Qatar website, my payment was rejected. So I contacted a travel agent who booked the tickets, assigned my seats, and added my QFF number - for $200 less than I was going to pay directly to Qatar! The flights have even shown up on my Qantas app. So I am very happy - only downside of the whole trip will be flying out of MAN which I understand is quite atrocious. First world problems!
Old May 1, 2019, 5:19 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Oaksdane
Thanks CPH-Flyer, it’s all sorted now. I tried booking on the Qatar website, my payment was rejected. So I contacted a travel agent who booked the tickets, assigned my seats, and added my QFF number - for $200 less than I was going to pay directly to Qatar! The flights have even shown up on my Qantas app. So I am very happy - only downside of the whole trip will be flying out of MAN which I understand is quite atrocious. First world problems!
If it is the only UK airport you've used, please don't imagine they are all like that! The problem with MAN is that you don't want to get there too early as it's not a great experience, but then you don't want to get there too late either as security is often chaos. Just keep thinking about how you'll be onboard soon.
Old May 1, 2019, 5:25 am

I haven’t been to the UK for 16 years! The flight departs at 9pm and is midweek so hopefully won’t be too bad if I get there about 6pm, it will be the end of a fabulous holiday for me so I will just roll with it and have low expectations, expect the worst and anything else is a bonus!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.