Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Actually, I contacted the airline and was told there is a list of flight numbers. https://bit.ly/2ruR4VM
Old Jun 11, 2019, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
... QR will no doubt try to avoid using these on routes like LAX ....
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
What makes you think that?
Originally Posted by webstereo
Actually, I contacted the airline and was told there is a list of flight numbers. https://bit.ly/2ruR4VM
Right. And LAX is listed as having QSuites. It only has one QR flight per day. LAX is a 77L destination; and with all, or nearly all 77Ls having been converted, I would rate LAX as one of the more reliable destinations for QSuites.

Far less chance for substitutions on this route also because DOH-LAX is pretty much at the edge of a 77W's range, particularly in northern hemisphere summer.

Last edited by Dr. HFH; Jun 11, 2019 at 8:02 am
Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: BAEC
That list is still an aspiration, SIN flights in the past month have been scheduled to be non-qsuites despite being the stated Qsuites flight numbers. And that's discounting last minute equipment swaps.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 1:09 am

Programs: QR, SQ, KLM
Hi there, family member mile accrual question:

I've booked tickets for my Mother and I to fly MUC-PVG in J (fingers crossed 3 legs in QSuites - should blow her mind as her first J experience!). I made the booking with the double miles offer, so as there are quite a few miles up for grabs I'd like to accrue to the 25% of her miles possible as a family member.

We tried setting this up a few weeks ago, but somehow it didn't work out and the website isn't all that clear on it. Am I correct in thinking that she needs to nominate me (in her Privilege Club dashboard) to receive the family accrual bonus miles? Or do I need to nominate her? The website reads to me like I would then be nominating her to receive 25% of my miles...

Thanks!
Old Jun 13, 2019, 5:21 am

Programs: Some
This is helpful, but I would counsel to treat this as guidance rather than gospel. Immediate below the list QR have of course added the following disclaimer, which says it all:

"Note: The routes and flight numbers mentioned above are for the most commonly used aircraft and may change according to operational requirements."
Old Jun 13, 2019, 9:50 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
This is helpful, but I would counsel to treat this as guidance rather than gospel. Immediate below the list QR have of course added the following disclaimer, which says it all:

"Note: The routes and flight numbers mentioned above are for the most commonly used aircraft and may change according to operational requirements."
Originally Posted by dsteveman
In other news, I'm closely following QR058 for the month of June 2019. Some Updates:
  • 13/06/19 has changed from Non-QSuites to Qsuites
  • From 01/06/19 - 12/06/19, only 33% of QR058 Flights have had Qsuites
  • Since 01/06/19, no flights on this route have been downgraded to the old configuration
  • On Average, for every 3 days there is an Old configuration, there is at least one day (Max 2 days) with a Qsuites configuration.
Even the disclaimer says "most common..." it is not, as it can be seen in the quote of DSTEVEMAN above - 33% cannot be evaluated as "most common" ;-)
Old Jun 14, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Hoppola
Hi there, family member mile accrual question:

I've booked tickets for my Mother and I to fly MUC-PVG in J (fingers crossed 3 legs in QSuites - should blow her mind as her first J experience!). I made the booking with the double miles offer, so as there are quite a few miles up for grabs I'd like to accrue to the 25% of her miles possible as a family member.

We tried setting this up a few weeks ago, but somehow it didn't work out and the website isn't all that clear on it. Am I correct in thinking that she needs to nominate me (in her Privilege Club dashboard) to receive the family accrual bonus miles? Or do I need to nominate her? The website reads to me like I would then be nominating her to receive 25% of my miles...

Thanks!
You would have to nominate her, but, BUT, DON’T DO THAT ! You won’t get 25% of her Qmiles as a bonus but you will earn 25% of her Qmiles and she will get nothing and you won’t benefit the double Qmiles promotion on her Qmiles.
In a scenario you don’t have any status with QR and your ticket is R or I class, you should earn 125% of flown miles x2 promotion so 250% of flown miles from your ticket, but with the family program only 25% of 125% = 31.75% of flown miles from your mother ticket and she will get nothing. And the worst is that family members don’t get any Qpoints so they can’t get any status...
So you would better earn each of you 250% of flown miles without the family program.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Whoa, there! IATA Res. 302 just says which carrier's limits apply in different situations. Importantly, it doesn't 1) limit the weight or number of pieces, leaving those to each carrier to determine, 2) mandate rigid adherence to the rules, or 3) say anything about alliances or any additional allowance based on alliance elite status. In case you want to read it, here it is, as posted on the ANA website: IATA Res. 302.
It is correct that each individual airline decide their own baggage allowances. This s not what we are talking about here it is how those rules are used. Not only do airlines have these basic rules but they also have a, often unpublished, list of exceptions to the rules as well as exceptions to exceptions of the rules and even exceptions to exceptions to exceptions of the rules.
All these rules and exceptions are useless unless they are available to all IATA agents and booking engines. This is done by inputting them to the database of the RES302 APP which applies them to every single booking as it is made. At that point of time the airlnes have no influence on the application of their own rules. Of coure the airline(s) could submit a rule change, which I have been told is a long and complicated process, and reissue the tickets. Note that ALL bookings have Resolution 302 applied to them. This is deliberate.

The ANA website shows just a brief summary of the resolution. Being so brief, and understandable, no mention is made of implementation or usage. That is outside the scope of Resolution 302
For example the term MSC is actually two different things: The Most Significant Marketing Carrier (MSMC) and the Most Significant Operating Carrier (MSOC) depending upon the flight types.
No mention is made of the Most Significant Sector (MSS) which is used when several, or all, sectors are with the same carrier nor are a very large number of difficulties mentioned..

Outside of the standard baggage allowance a carrier may award/award extra baggage for its OWN flights
A FFP alliance may also award extra bonus baggage allowance for flight within the alliance
Both of these are outside the scope of Resolution 302 due to their volatile natur.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by remdk
The ANA website shows just a brief summary of the resolution.
No, it is the exact text of the entire resolution. Here's a link to the text of the resolution on the website of a different carrier, Jeju Air. Note that although it is formatted differently and uses a different font, the text is identical. Link.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL , HH Gold, UA Plat
Maybe a stupid question but does QR serve alcohol in their lounges in DOH 24 hours a day or it it limited to afternoon/evening?
Obviously Ramadan is an exception but I was more interested in their policy for the remainder of the year.
TIA
Old Jun 15, 2019, 1:12 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum
Originally Posted by James31
Maybe a stupid question but does QR serve alcohol in their lounges in DOH 24 hours a day or it it limited to afternoon/evening?
Obviously Ramadan is an exception but I was more interested in their policy for the remainder of the year.
TIA
24/7
Old Jun 15, 2019, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by James31
TIA
Airport lounges are the only places where you can have shots for breakfast and not be judged.. unless you're in Australia where they open the bars after 11am lol
Old Jun 15, 2019, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Airport lounges are the only places where you can have shots alcohol for breakfast and not be judged.
I don't understand. There are people who have breakfast without LGD?
Old Jun 15, 2019, 11:51 pm

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by mlqsko
unless you're in Australia where they open the bars after 11am lol
no problem getting anything even in the early morning at the QF F lounge (and i guess the J lounge, too)...
Old Jun 16, 2019, 9:31 am

Programs: BA GGL , HH Gold, UA Plat
Originally Posted by a9504477
no problem getting anything even in the early morning at the QF F lounge (and i guess the J lounge, too)...
I think it is their domestic lounges which don't serve alcohol before 11AM then!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.