Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2019, 6:40 am

QATAR compensation question

So our long awaited and my meticulously planned IAH-MLE trip was supposed to leave last night in amazing seat 3K and 5K of Qatar's Qsuites and culminate in an overwater jacuzzi bungalow Friday morning.

I am writing this to you from the Hilton North hotel in IAH because after 4.5 hours of terrible communication and a few other things I haven't seen in 30+ years working in aviation, they cancelled the flight. We got the hotel and meal voucher and are supposedly flying out today at 4pm (gotta get out of the way got today's A350 to arrive).

Am I due any compensation besides the hotel and meal money (not that I could give a rat's ya know, but just asking) Also, those with a Chase Sapphire Reserve, is this considered something that falls under a travel interruption claim to them (I ask this because my overwater bungalow was over $700 a night and the hotel has made it clear there will be no adjustment to the price).

Thanks everyone
Old Aug 22, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Seat Selection for QR flights is not working. This is a third party booked ticket. QR website returns the record
correctly but Modify seat selection does not return any Seat maps or errors...just goes into endless loop :-(
Old Aug 22, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by flyalways
Seat Selection for QR flights is not working. This is a third party booked ticket. QR website returns the record
correctly but Modify seat selection does not return any Seat maps or errors...just goes into endless loop :-(
Just try with QR app or another oneworld website like RJ.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Matt4

Just try with QR app or another oneworld website like RJ.
Interesting ! RJ site lets me choose seats but does not save....
Old Aug 26, 2019, 3:31 am

Programs: QF, KLM, BA
I have a 31 hour layover in Doha. Will I need to collect my checked luggage? I'm staying overnight in a hotel in Doha (not airside).
Old Aug 26, 2019, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by weegraeme
I have a 31 hour layover in Doha. Will I need to collect my checked luggage? I'm staying overnight in a hotel in Doha (not airside).
Yes, anything over 24 hours and they can't check your luggage through.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 4:07 am

Programs: QF, KLM, BA
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Yes, anything over 24 hours and they can't check your luggage through.
Ok. Thanks.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 4:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Apologies if this is asked a lot but I find this hard to believe.

I wanted to check the Qatar Premium lounge in Heathrow for its facilities and had a query about it's opening hours. I'm aware that Qatar has many different times throughout the day for their departures and know that in other lounges around the world they close for a short time inbetween flights. However according to the link below

https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=LHR

the "Lounge is closed for housekeeping between 1600 hrs to 1830 hrs daily".

Is this true? If so where are the Qatar passengers sent during this time?

Another question. Is there a time limit I'm allowed to spend in the LHR Qatar Premium lounge? I would be arriving from another country in Europe and connecting in London but would probably want a long connection time so not to miss my departure with Qatar later in the day.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
We'll be flying CAI - AMM - DOH - BOS on our first middle east trip. The CAI-AMM-DOH legs of the trip are on RJ Business class and DOH-BOS in the QSuites.

When I check in for our flight home in CAI, will I get my boarding passes for all 3 legs of the trip even though they are on different airlines? I want everything to be smooth and not have to worry about check in at DOH.

Also, will we have to go through security and customs in AMM and DOH? our layover in AMM is 2 hours, 45 minutes and our layover in DOH is 4 hours, 15 minutes. I'd like to be able to access the Qatar business lounge.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 12:56 pm
RY7

I'm about to book a QR ticket on Priceline because I can't find the flights with a longer layover, mixed cabin and connection with QF after SYD.
Obviously, I would get the 157- ticket number, am I still able to upgrade at the airport or online with Qmiles or Qcredits? Does the ticket has to be bought on QR website or can I also upgrade my flights when I booked it on an OTA?
Thanks
Old Aug 26, 2019, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Graciecatt
We'll be flying CAI - AMM - DOH - BOS on our first middle east trip. The CAI-AMM-DOH legs of the trip are on RJ Business class and DOH-BOS in the QSuites.

When I check in for our flight home in CAI, will I get my boarding passes for all 3 legs of the trip even though they are on different airlines? I want everything to be smooth and not have to worry about check in at DOH.

Also, will we have to go through security and customs in AMM and DOH? our layover in AMM is 2 hours, 45 minutes and our layover in DOH is 4 hours, 15 minutes. I'd like to be able to access the Qatar business lounge.
If all flights are on the same ticket, you would only need to clear security at AMM and DOH without clearing customs/immigration and without collecting your baggages. You would get three boarding passes in this case. 4h15mins of transfer is pretty enough for lounge access and you would have minimum 2h30mins in the lounge if your AMM-DOH flight arrives on time.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 3:44 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by RY7
I'm about to book a QR ticket on Priceline because I can't find the flights with a longer layover, mixed cabin and connection with QF after SYD.
Obviously, I would get the 157- ticket number, am I still able to upgrade at the airport or online with Qmiles or Qcredits? Does the ticket has to be bought on QR website or can I also upgrade my flights when I booked it on an OTA?
Thanks
You can upgrade QR flights bought with OTA provided you bought an upgradable booking class : W is definitely not upgradable, O and T might be upgradable (but not at the airport) when corresponding to QR saver fare and not corresponding to QR promo fare (which might be tricky to know when not booking it on QR website) and anything else (Q N S V L M K H B Y) is both upgradable in advance and at the airport.
I often use Priceline in conjunction with BookWithMatrix and ITA Matrix when I need to buy specific fare classes or itineraries not available on QR website and never had a problem to upgrade my tickets (provided there’s upgrade availability).
purple1addict and RY7 like this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 4:44 pm
RY7

Originally Posted by Matt4

You can upgrade QR flights bought with OTA provided you bought an upgradable booking class : W is definitely not upgradable, O and T might be upgradable (but not at the airport) when corresponding to QR saver fare and not corresponding to QR promo fare (which might be tricky to know when not booking it on QR website) and anything else (Q N S V L M K H B Y) is both upgradable in advance and at the airport.
I often use Priceline in conjunction with BookWithMatrix and ITA Matrix when I need to buy specific fare classes or itineraries not available on QR website and never had a problem to upgrade my tickets (provided there’s upgrade availability).
Thank you for the clarification.
Yes I used 'F bc=n bc=q bc=s bc=k bc=l bc=m bc=v bc=h bc=y bc=b' on ITA Matrix to find the upgradable fare. O and T is upgradable with Qcredits only.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 5:13 pm

Programs: MP, OW
Qatar Airlines flight changes.

Hi:

My friend and I are flying ORD-DOH, DOT-KTM. Qatar Airlines changed out flights twice without notifying us. Because we now have an eight hour layover in Doha Qatar is willing to provide a hotel for us but they refuse to pay for food. Is this normal for Qatar? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by Graciecatt
<snip>
I'd like to be able to access the Qatar business lounge.
I know it's just the terminology used, but the Business Class Lounge is not where you want to be. Your class of travel entitles you to the much superior Al Mourjan Business Lounge but QR in their wisdom decided to put Business Class in the name of both.
Graciecatt likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.