FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free
Old Aug 22, 2019, 6:40 am
RetiredATLATC

Programs: TK Elite, Star Alliance Gold
QATAR compensation question

So our long awaited and my meticulously planned IAH-MLE trip was supposed to leave last night in amazing seat 3K and 5K of Qatar's Qsuites and culminate in an overwater jacuzzi bungalow Friday morning.

I am writing this to you from the Hilton North hotel in IAH because after 4.5 hours of terrible communication and a few other things I haven't seen in 30+ years working in aviation, they cancelled the flight. We got the hotel and meal voucher and are supposedly flying out today at 4pm (gotta get out of the way got today's A350 to arrive).

Am I due any compensation besides the hotel and meal money (not that I could give a rat's ya know, but just asking) Also, those with a Chase Sapphire Reserve, is this considered something that falls under a travel interruption claim to them (I ask this because my overwater bungalow was over $700 a night and the hotel has made it clear there will be no adjustment to the price).

Thanks everyone