FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free
Old Aug 26, 2019, 3:44 pm
Matt4

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by RY7
I'm about to book a QR ticket on Priceline because I can't find the flights with a longer layover, mixed cabin and connection with QF after SYD.
Obviously, I would get the 157- ticket number, am I still able to upgrade at the airport or online with Qmiles or Qcredits? Does the ticket has to be bought on QR website or can I also upgrade my flights when I booked it on an OTA?
Thanks
You can upgrade QR flights bought with OTA provided you bought an upgradable booking class : W is definitely not upgradable, O and T might be upgradable (but not at the airport) when corresponding to QR saver fare and not corresponding to QR promo fare (which might be tricky to know when not booking it on QR website) and anything else (Q N S V L M K H B Y) is both upgradable in advance and at the airport.
I often use Priceline in conjunction with BookWithMatrix and ITA Matrix when I need to buy specific fare classes or itineraries not available on QR website and never had a problem to upgrade my tickets (provided there’s upgrade availability).