Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2019, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by Estratos
Hi guys!

I just wanted to ask if I purchase a Qantas ticket (operated by Emirates) under QF code, will I be able to earn Qmiles if I add the Privilege Club # to Qantas booking or does the flight have to be Qantas operated?
I would try the Qantas board, as this is Qatar. But to answer your question, it doesnt matter if it is Emirates metal you still earn your Qmiles.
Estratos likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Estratos
Hi guys!

I just wanted to ask if I purchase a Qantas ticket (operated by Emirates) under QF code, will I be able to earn Qmiles if I add the Privilege Club # to Qantas booking or does the flight have to be Qantas operated?
Unfortunately, the answer is no.

Earn Qmiles and Qpoints when flying on Qantas marketed* flights that are operated** by any oneworld carrier and oneworld affiliates. Qpoints earned on these flights will count towards elite membership status on Privilege Club.
https://www.qatarairways.com/en/Priv...#poi-tab-49BG6
If I'm not wrong, Emirates is not a oneworld affiliate.
Estratos likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 10:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by sevastras
I would try the Qantas board, as this is Qatar. But to answer your question, it doesnt matter if it is Emirates metal you still earn your Qmiles.
Nothing is correct with this post. As this is about QR Privilege Club earnings you're in the right place. And metal matters, only oneworld members or affiliates are accepted (Emirates is neither).
Estratos likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 2:38 pm

Programs: BAEC
Isn't there some quirk that if you book an Emirates flight on a Qantas code that it can credit to OneWorld FFPs? I have never done it, and I remember it's one of those edge cases that appears on the face of it shouldn't work.

This article explains how it works for BAEC, it might also work for QRPC?
Estratos likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by plunet
Isn't there some quirk that if you book an Emirates flight on a Qantas code that it can credit to OneWorld FFPs? I have never done it, and I remember it's one of those edge cases that appears on the face of it shouldn't work.

This article explains how it works for BAEC, it might also work for QRPC?
Which is because BAEC's conditions are different from QRPC.

You can earn Avios and tier points on] Flights marketed by Qantas or Qantas Airlines affiliates and operated by Qantas, a Qantas affiliate, BA, another oneworld carrier, or another third party under a codeshare agreement
Where as QRPC requires, as mentioned above, that the codeshare partner is from Oneworld or affiliated to Oneworld. This is the more normal requirement. BA is being the more generous here.
Estratos and plunet like this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 1:39 pm

Transit time and any hope of interlining?

New to QR as not flown them before but picked up a cracking J fare AMS - DOH - DPS and back next March/April for my family of 4 (inc two youngish kids).

Depart AMS at 15:15 and need to book ourselves a positioning flight from LON so trying to work out what kind of time I need to looking to arrive as I have no idea how long I need to get through AMS or the cushion to account for any potential delays. From reading some other threads I am assuming if I chose a OneWorld member (i.e. BA) they won't let me interline our luggage all the way through to DPS?

I have the same question about the return. Land back in AMS at 13:45 so what is the earliest time to look for a flight back to LON? Is there any chance that DPS Check In might interline the luggage if the AMS- LON leg is OneWorld? Also do Qatar allow J Fare access to any arrivals lounge at AMS?
Old Sep 2, 2019, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by stu002
New to QR as not flown them before but picked up a cracking J fare AMS - DOH - DPS and back next March/April for my family of 4 (inc two youngish kids).

Depart AMS at 15:15 and need to book ourselves a positioning flight from LON so trying to work out what kind of time I need to looking to arrive as I have no idea how long I need to get through AMS or the cushion to account for any potential delays. From reading some other threads I am assuming if I chose a OneWorld member (i.e. BA) they won't let me interline our luggage all the way through to DPS?

I have the same question about the return. Land back in AMS at 13:45 so what is the earliest time to look for a flight back to LON? Is there any chance that DPS Check In might interline the luggage if the AMS- LON leg is OneWorld? Also do Qatar allow J Fare access to any arrivals lounge at AMS?
BA does not check luggage through across separate itineraries, so you need to leave time to go through immigration, reclaim luggage and checking in with Qatar Airways. I'd leave 3+ hours for the exercise, to also cover air traffic delayed from Heathrow.

Qatar does check through so return should be fine. But don't buy an HBO fare on BA, as that will cause issues.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 8:27 pm

I'm on the same departure in December and already regretting only giving myself 4.5 hours between flights. When I've done similar before I've travelled the night before and stayed locally. All depends on your attitude to risk and what Plan B might look like.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 4:20 am

Thank you for confirming what I suspected. Would there be any benefit flying with a OneWorld member into and out of AMS to LON? If not then I can look for the best options with any carrier such as KLM and Easyjet and it opens up all the LON airports and specifically my preferred ones of LCY, LGW and SEN
Old Sep 3, 2019, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by ft101
I'm on the same departure in December and already regretting only giving myself 4.5 hours between flights. When I've done similar before I've travelled the night before and stayed locally. All depends on your attitude to risk and what Plan B might look like.
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
BA does not check luggage through across separate itineraries, so you need to leave time to go through immigration, reclaim luggage and checking in with Qatar Airways. I'd leave 3+ hours for the exercise, to also cover air traffic delayed from Heathrow.

Qatar does check through so return should be fine. But don't buy an HBO fare on BA, as that will cause issues.
Will try that again with a proper response. Thank you for confirming what I suspected. Would there be any benefit flying with a OneWorld member into and out of AMS to LON? If not then I can look for the best options with any carrier such as KLM and Easyjet and it opens up all the LON airports and specifically my preferred ones of LCY, LGW and SEN.

I am waiting for some of the low cost carriers to release their schedules beyond end of March 2020 so will look at flying the night before because it does reduce the risk of a missed connection. Any recommendations for comfortable hotels close to AMS? I will have lots of baggage, two young kids and a wife with a back issue meaning she can't lift anything heavy.

Last edited by stu002; Sep 3, 2019 at 4:25 am Reason: Failed to Quote
Old Sep 3, 2019, 2:25 pm

Carry on in economy??

I have already asked this as it’s own thread cuz I didn’t see this before. So here is the situation: I am traveling from the US to south Africa via Qatar in about a month. And I’ve been looking at the baggage and such, and it says one carryon. However it says nothing about a personal item.
1) do they allow personal items?
2) if so does a backpack count?
3) if not, does a small backpack purse count?
Old Sep 3, 2019, 4:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stu002
Will try that again with a proper response. Thank you for confirming what I suspected. Would there be any benefit flying with a OneWorld member into and out of AMS to LON? If not then I can look for the best options with any carrier such as KLM and Easyjet and it opens up all the LON airports and specifically my preferred ones of LCY, LGW and SEN.

I am waiting for some of the low cost carriers to release their schedules beyond end of March 2020 so will look at flying the night before because it does reduce the risk of a missed connection. Any recommendations for comfortable hotels close to AMS? I will have lots of baggage, two young kids and a wife with a back issue meaning she can't lift anything heavy.
On the outbound I would go from the airport with the most back-up flights... I wouldn't fly SEN-AMS for example on the same day as your QR flights because I assume the schedule is much thinner on AMS options than LHR or LGW is.

Ideally, as you say... I would spend the night. There is a Hilton, Sheraton and CitizenM hotel a short walk from the terminal and copious numbers of other hotels via shuttle bus.

For your return you could book BA from AMS-LON and QR would check your bags through onto the BA leg.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 6:57 pm

Hi all! I and my fiancee are flying Economy QR from SIN-DOH ; DOH-GVA
We are rebooked from a BA flight onto a QR flight thanks to the strikes

Couple of questions would really appreciate some help with
- what is cost of the onboard wifi and does it have an “unlimited download” option?
- the upgrade option is not available through Manage my Booking as we booked through BA, will we be able to get a paid upgrade for one of the legs at SIN or DOH ?
Old Sep 3, 2019, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by Amanda Bob Haynes
I have already asked this as it’s own thread cuz I didn’t see this before. So here is the situation: I am traveling from the US to south Africa via Qatar in about a month. And I’ve been looking at the baggage and such, and it says one carryon. However it says nothing about a personal item.
1) do they allow personal items?
2) if so does a backpack count?
3) if not, does a small backpack purse count?
Answered in the stand alone thread.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 3:58 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
I have an upcoming flight in November. Two of my friends will be on the same flight and the connecting flight to Bangkok.

I am a QR Plat. How do I use the Al Maha meet and greet service for them ? and which lounge will they have access to?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.