Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2018, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by traveler_ron
sorry if the question has already been asked ... where on the QR website can I find the number of QCredits needed for an upgrade? I read that they have been "enhanced" too since May 27
thanks!
You need to log in to your account and then go to the qcalculator and input the route you are looking at. The qcredits required are then on the upgrade tab of the results, below the qmiles needed
Old May 28, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: EY, TG basic levels ; QRPC platinum
@Johnnieboy Thanks alot ... I think I always checked the wrong calculator and/or at the wrong place

and again...also this May 27 enhancement news is rather unpleasant to read!
Old May 28, 2018, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by traveler_ron
@Johnnieboy Thanks alot ... I think I always checked the wrong calculator and/or at the wrong place

and again...also this May 27 enhancement news is rather unpleasant to read!
You're welcome. I suspect most of us are a little jaw-dropped at the moment. And the qcalculator seems to have disappeared from the mobile site at the moment too, so assessing the full impact hasn't been straightforward
Traveller999 likes this.
Old May 29, 2018, 1:53 am

is the a340 comfortable?

Last edited by Ashi777; May 30, 2018 at 12:31 am
Old May 30, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Ashi777
is the a340 comfortable?
In economy class it’s one of the best, along with A330, thanks to the 2-4-2 seating. Only A380 is better, especially on upper deck.
In business class it’s one of the worst. Only A332 or A32x with recliners are worst.
My rule is that A380 is the best in all classes.
If you can’t fly an A380 then go on Boeing or A350 for business class or Airbus in economy.
Richard Bell likes this.

Last edited by Matt4; May 31, 2018 at 12:17 am
Old May 30, 2018, 11:46 pm

I want to know if I should wait for the special sale for ATL to AMD from Dec 9 to Jan 9. +- 3 days. Let me know if qatar will announce new sale or I should buy now.
Old May 31, 2018, 5:43 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by Matt4

Well, the fare category (promo, saver, ...) has nothing to do with the fact a fare is upgradable or not. All fares are upgradable except W, O, T and G fares.
So just to make sure, have just priced a "N" fare, so this would be upgradeable either using miles or Q credits?
Old May 31, 2018, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
So just to make sure, have just priced a "N" fare, so this would be upgradeable either using miles or Q credits?
Since 27th May QR has changed the rules and O and T fares should be upgrable too, but I haven’t seen any report about it since that change took place. Upgrades can be made using either Qcredits or Qmiles but Qcredits and Qmiles required to upgrade have increased a lot with QR rules change. Check on Qcalculator if you have enough.
Old May 31, 2018, 11:07 pm

Here's a super dumb question - if I have QR Y followed by QR J in one award ticket - what's my luggage allowance?
Old Jun 1, 2018, 1:10 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by Matt4

Since 27th May QR has changed the rules and O and T fares should be upgrable too, but I haven’t seen any report about it since that change took place. Upgrades can be made using either Qcredits or Qmiles but Qcredits and Qmiles required to upgrade have increased a lot with QR rules change. Check on Qcalculator if you have enough.
Thanks , I definitely have enough
Old Jun 1, 2018, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Here's a super dumb question - if I have QR Y followed by QR J in one award ticket - what's my luggage allowance?
Your luggage allowance is indicated on your ticket or you can check it on manage my booking. It should be the same for both flights.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 4:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Connected at DOH for the second time yesterday. Bangkok to Cardiff and was spat out into the departures area without having to clear transfer security. Every other time I've connected at airports across the world i've always had to re do security. Is this just a doha thing?

Of course, if the originating airport has fantastic security this shouldn't be an issue. But it's not always the case.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by bmibaby737
Connected at DOH for the second time yesterday. Bangkok to Cardiff and was spat out into the departures area without having to clear transfer security. Every other time I've connected at airports across the world i've always had to re do security. Is this just a doha thing?

Of course, if the originating airport has fantastic security this shouldn't be an issue. But it's not always the case.
Yes, there is indeed some randomness to it...
Old Jun 3, 2018, 6:11 am

There are approved departure airports where it's random and non-approved ones where it's compulsory.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 6:27 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by ft101
There are approved departure airports where it's random and non-approved ones where it's compulsory.
thanks. I thought it would be something along those lines although I didn't exactly find Bangkok security brilliant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.