Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2018, 8:40 am

Can anyone please tell me what is included in Child Meal in Qatar Airways. My wife and kid (4 years) are flying BOS-DOH and DOH-BOM end of August. We are vegetarians so usually we have Asian Veg meal but those things have curry and roti (indian tortilla) etc which my kid may not fully eat. But the child meal looks enticing and would have stuff he will eat but since qatar's website mentioned that the meal may also have non-vegetarian stuff, I wanted to check what all it may be.
Does anyone have any idea ?
Old Aug 1, 2018, 5:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Is the QR lounge at Paris any better than the London one or are they fairly comparable? Have the option to fly out of either on a redemption.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Schwann
Is the QR lounge at Paris any better than the London one or are they fairly comparable? Have the option to fly out of either on a redemption.
There are some differences, of course, but they're similar and designed along the same theme. CDG has an external wall of glass as well as an outdoor area, so it may be preferable in nicer weather, if you like that. Food offerings are similar(ly good!).
Schwann likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
I have 10 q credits expiring shortly , which are largely worthless. It does say you can use them for payment of award bookings. Does anyone know how this works?
Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
I have 10 q credits expiring shortly , which are largely worthless. It does say you can use them for payment of award bookings. Does anyone know how this works?
I can't answer your question but should probably join/credit to BAEC instead, particularly if you're based out of CWL.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 12:56 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Very similar but you can only use the Paris lounge for 3 hours before departure. I have used the LHR lounge for nearly 9 hours ( excessive I know)
Old Aug 3, 2018, 10:19 pm

Hi All,
I've booked a multi-city business class trip on QR. The booking was made through Expedia (which offered a far cheaper rate than direct with QR). I selected seats through Expedia when I made the booking. If I try to change anything on the QR website Manage My Booking (seats, contact details, meal preference etc) I get an error. Is this normal for a trip booked through a travel agent? Or has something gone wrong with my booking? (I have e-ticket numbers so booking is ok).
Old Aug 4, 2018, 12:27 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Last year I made a booking through Expedia but could change everything through the QR website.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 9:58 am
Suspended

Hi all,

I am struggling with QR and not sure how to handle my issue.
I will fly on Latam on a domestic sector. I will fly in buisness but the qcalcuator only display Y chart (I guess most of the time domestic flight are one cabin only).
QR tells me that I won't earn miles and points and this issue is on the Latam side but after doing some research it seems that others oneworld programs do credit this flight.
Any idea how to escalate this? Or should I let it go and nothing can be done?

​​​​​Thanks

​​​​​
​​​​​
Old Aug 5, 2018, 10:27 am
zsc

Programs: QR Silver / BA Silver
Just to add, there isn't much of a view out of the Paris lounge.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 10:33 am
zsc

Programs: QR Silver / BA Silver
Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
Doubt that you will be able to use that Qcredits unless you're well-positioned, as many redemptions require more than 10 Qcredits. Gold/Plat users get a set amount to use each year, you are correct that it can be used for award bookings. You use the Qcalculator to check the prices of award bookings/upgrades via Qcredits, the same way you would if you were using Qmiles.

EDIT: Just tried myself - Qcredits can be viewed for excess baggage redemption with the new Qcalculator... maybe this feature is only available to Gold/Plat members, not entirely sure here.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Tom_D
Hi all,

I am struggling with QR and not sure how to handle my issue.
I will fly on Latam on a domestic sector. I will fly in buisness but the qcalcuator only display Y chart (I guess most of the time domestic flight are one cabin only).
QR tells me that I won't earn miles and points and this issue is on the Latam side but after doing some research it seems that others oneworld programs do credit this flight.
Any idea how to escalate this? Or should I let it go and nothing can be done?

​​​​​Thanks
​​​​​
​​​​​
It was a problem with most OW programs initially, somehow it fell through the cracks unnoticed as LATAM only offers business class domestically to Easter Island.

As QR, like any other airline, states that any classes not in the earnings tables are ineligible there is not much you can do. Other than raise the point, and hopefully they will also get around to fixing it.

For now, do you have another OW program you can credit it to? That is your only current cause of action to get the points. I guess the destination is rare enough for QR not to have received enough complaints yet to take action.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 11:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It was a problem with most OW programs initially, somehow it fell through the cracks unnoticed as LATAM only offers business class domestically to Easter Island.

As QR, like any other airline, states that any classes not in the earnings tables are ineligible there is not much you can do. Other than raise the point, and hopefully they will also get around to fixing it.

For now, do you have another OW program you can credit it to? That is your only current cause of action to get the points. I guess the destination is rare enough for QR not to have received enough complaints yet to take action.
Hi,
That was indeed what I felt. Unfortunately (for me) QR PC staff does not really try to think outside the box. I will try to raise my point anyway as I do not have other OW account.

Do you know if by any chance Latam can still credit points on this flight and the issue is only on the chart side given to QR? I am not sure how OW airlines credit points to other members but it would make sense that they do not differenciate to what OW members they are crediting points? (I mean I would not think there is something in Latam system that states BAEC: yes, QRPC no, etc..)

Thanks for the reply anyway
Old Aug 6, 2018, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Tom_D
Hi,
That was indeed what I felt. Unfortunately (for me) QR PC staff does not really try to think outside the box. I will try to raise my point anyway as I do not have other OW account.

Do you know if by any chance Latam can still credit points on this flight and the issue is only on the chart side given to QR? I am not sure how OW airlines credit points to other members but it would make sense that they do not differenciate to what OW members they are crediting points? (I mean I would not think there is something in Latam system that states BAEC: yes, QRPC no, etc..)

Thanks for the reply anyway
JAL changed their earining tabel in 2016 (I Ithinkit was) to allow for business class earnings on domestic LATAM/LAN flights. There were people in the JAL forum that ended up in the same situation as you, flying business without getting any points. For BA I know there were problmes as well. Most programs also seemed to have challenges when QR introduced R as Business Promo booking class. I don't think that LATAM sends any different information depending on airline, on my JAL account I can still see flights in non earning classes (recently boking class M LIM-CUZ return), it is how QR records that in your account, value zero or some earning value.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 12:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
JAL changed their earining tabel in 2016 (I Ithinkit was) to allow for business class earnings on domestic LATAM/LAN flights. There were people in the JAL forum that ended up in the same situation as you, flying business without getting any points. For BA I know there were problmes as well. Most programs also seemed to have challenges when QR introduced R as Business Promo booking class. I don't think that LATAM sends any different information depending on airline, on my JAL account I can still see flights in non earning classes (recently boking class M LIM-CUZ return), it is how QR records that in your account, value zero or some earning value.
Thanks for the feedback, so this is only an issue on Qatar side nothing to do with Latam here.
I will try with QRPC but I pretty sure we all already know the outcome on this

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.