Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2018, 7:34 am
Suspended

Hi everyone,

I am planning to fly various latam flight including operated flight from latam brasil and latam group which are not listed in the qcalcuator. An agent told me it should be fine but who knows with QR

​​​​​Any experience on crediting latam flights?

Best
Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:20 am

Hello,
I plan to book award flight from EU to SE Asia in late summer 2019. Unfortunately, after devaluation of qmiles, the amount which I have at the moment is enough only to fly from EU to DOH in Y and then from DOH to SE Asia in J. I'd like to book my award flight as soon as possible (most probably at the end of August 2018) and I don't expect to collect more qmiles by this time, however, I'll get extra qmiles in late October 2019 (so after booking of award flight and before the trip). I've been wondering, if there'll be any chance to use these new qmiles in order to:
1) change my existing booking and "pay" with new qmiles for upgrade of my first leg from Y to J, or alternatively
2) use ne qmiles for
an upgrade from Y to J at the airport in EU (probably WAW)?

EDIT: I have found general rules for upgrades here: Privilege Club upgrades
Unfortunately, I don't see any information about upgrades in case of award flights, unless it's hidden in this sentence: "Cabin upgrades will not be allowed for tickets in the following Economy booking classes: G,T, O, W". In other words, what is booking class for award flight in Y? If it's G, T, O, or W, than I know that upgrade will not be possible.

Last edited by tropikey; Jul 17, 2018 at 8:41 am
Old Jul 19, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: BA silver
Hi everyone
My daughter and myself both have just over 86000 Qmiles each and want to book reward flights. Do we have to book our flights separately or is there a way to combine them to make one booking
Thanks
Old Jul 19, 2018, 2:10 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by madcon
Hi everyone
My daughter and myself both have just over 86000 Qmiles each and want to book reward flights. Do we have to book our flights separately or is there a way to combine them to make one booking
Thanks
You can’t combine your Qmiles and would have to book separately.
Well, QR has an option to transfer Qmiles to another member but the cost is so expensive ($15 per 1,000 Qmiles as far as I remember) that it doesn’t worth it.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4

You can’t combine your Qmiles and would have to book separately.
Well, QR has an option to transfer Qmiles to another member but the cost is so expensive ($15 per 1,000 Qmiles as far as I remember) that it doesn’t worth it.
thanks I’ll just have to do that
Old Jul 19, 2018, 10:51 pm

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by madcon

thanks I’ll just have to do that
@madcon, I made an award booking similar to yours a few months back (for myself and my wife using our respective QRPC accounts). All worked out in the end but we had some problems during the booking process.

After identifying our flight (2 award tickets available at the standard redemption rate) we tried to book the two tickets at the same time - one using the app and using the QR webpage on a PC. The first booking went through with no problems, however the second booking did not go through. When we searched award availability again to book it again, there was only x2 availability. We called QRPC to get some help (very optimistic, I know), they said there was nothing they could do about it. So it looked like we were stuck with only one ticket. However we kept checking availability and around 24 hours later one more award ticket became available, which we then booked.

So in short - if it would happen that all award availability disappears after booking the first ticket, continue checking availability as it could come back.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by JC880
@madcon, I made an award booking similar to yours a few months back (for myself and my wife using our respective QRPC accounts). All worked out in the end but we had some problems during the booking process.

After identifying our flight (2 award tickets available at the standard redemption rate) we tried to book the two tickets at the same time - one using the app and using the QR webpage on a PC. The first booking went through with no problems, however the second booking did not go through. When we searched award availability again to book it again, there was only x2 availability. We called QRPC to get some help (very optimistic, I know), they said there was nothing they could do about it. So it looked like we were stuck with only one ticket. However we kept checking availability and around 24 hours later one more award ticket became available, which we then booked.

So in short - if it would happen that all award availability disappears after booking the first ticket, continue checking availability as it could come back.
Thanks for the advice
Old Jul 20, 2018, 2:35 am

Programs: baec, m&m
Hi I’m arriving into DOH on a BA codeshare flight In C. I have 14 hours between connection and have checked I can’t get an earlier flight through. Would I qualify for the free hotel in transit as I’m on a codeshare but on QR metal? If so how do I apply online or on arrival? Would I be right in thinking It’s only available as long as there are enough rooms, so if I left it late to ask I could end up waiting in the lounge? Thanks

Old Jul 22, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: SPG
Q Credits earned on Upgrade

On the small print, its says that you earn the Q miles based on the purchase ticket. It does not mention Q credits. First- Would I earn Q Credits based on upgraded class and Q miles based on Economy purchase?

I wanted to upgrade PHL-Doha to Business using Amex points, the Doha to Kenya to 1st class to get access to Al Safwa. Second- Let me know if that's possible.

So in looking, if I earn the Q Credits for Business and 1st through the upgrades, I would have enough Q Credits to upgrade my final leg of Doha back to PHL.

Third- Would the Q Credits post before my return (I'll be in Kenya for 3 weeks).

Fourth- Let me know if there's a better way to get this type of experience for my daughter.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KL Gold, LH FTL, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by garyn
Hi I’m arriving into DOH on a BA codeshare flight In C. I have 14 hours between connection and have checked I can’t get an earlier flight through. Would I qualify for the free hotel in transit as I’m on a codeshare but on QR metal? If so how do I apply online or on arrival? Would I be right in thinking It’s only available as long as there are enough rooms, so if I left it late to ask I could end up waiting in the lounge? Thanks

Are you flying on QR ticket? If so study the +qatar website: https://www.qatarairways.com/en-pl/o...lus-qatar.html
Old Jul 22, 2018, 1:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KL Gold, LH FTL, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by plead.5th
On the small print, its says that you earn the Q miles based on the purchase ticket. It does not mention Q credits. First- Would I earn Q Credits based on upgraded class and Q miles based on Economy purchase?

I wanted to upgrade PHL-Doha to Business using Amex points, the Doha to Kenya to 1st class to get access to Al Safwa. Second- Let me know if that's possible.

So in looking, if I earn the Q Credits for Business and 1st through the upgrades, I would have enough Q Credits to upgrade my final leg of Doha back to PHL.

Third- Would the Q Credits post before my return (I'll be in Kenya for 3 weeks).

Fourth- Let me know if there's a better way to get this type of experience for my daughter.

1 - you mean q points, no q credits. check the qatar website to see the difference between qpoints and qcredits. and going further, no you won't be credited qpoints for the upgraded class.
2 - you will NOT get access to al safwa on upgraded ticket. the lounge access and baggage allowance is as on original ticket. it's on qr website clearly stated
3 - again - read on qr website for the difference between qcredits and q points. q credits are only for gold and plat members once they reach the status and every year they manage to sustain it

Qcredits: https://www.qatarairways.com/en-pl/P.../qcredits.html
Qpoints are only for achieving the tier, they're not a "currency" like Q miles: https://www.qatarairways.com/en-pl/P...hip-tiers.html

About upgrades: https://www.ausbt.com.au/qatar-airwa...-upgrade-guide

Last edited by Thomas PL; Jul 22, 2018 at 2:03 pm
Old Jul 22, 2018, 6:44 pm

Programs: SPG
Thanks for the help.

Next question- If I wanted to upgrade a leg of the journey using Amex points but I booked my flight through Qatar, what's the best way?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 7:10 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Can you use QCredits on somebody else: family, friends? What about QMiles for upgrades?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 10:39 pm

Programs: baec, m&m
Originally Posted by Thomas PL
Are you flying on QR ticket? If so study the +qatar website: https://www.qatarairways.com/en-pl/o...lus-qatar.html
Thanks for your reply. Because my ticket is BA issued, on QR metal, I'm guessing that means I won't be able to use the hotel offer?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by keitherson
Can you use QCredits on somebody else: family, friends? What about QMiles for upgrades?
yes, and if you mean qmiles to upgrade friends and family, yes. you just need their booking reference number

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.