Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2019, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by ChasingDaylight
Does anyone know if at SIN you can use the transfer desks with QR if coming of a separately ticketed flight? I am coming off BA and then have a separate QR flight afterwards (separate PNR & ticket number) and if I don't have to clear Customs, go landside and check-in then so much the better!
If you do not have checked baggage, yes of course.
If you have checked baggage see below;

AFAIK, BA generally do not link baggage on separate reservations so it's highly possible that the BA staff in SYD? would deny linking bags to your final destination or Doha. So %99+ you would need to clear immigration, customs, collect your bags, re-check them at the QR check-in desk and then clear passport control again.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 9:33 pm

Programs: QFF
Thanks for that - I did not realise it requires interlining between carriers! Initial carrier at the start is QF so highly unlikely to check baggage all the way through! Will just go landside and do things the difficult way
Old Sep 30, 2019, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by Reetmafreen
Same here on my outbound LAX-DOH-JNB leg. There was a connection available with a 2 hr layover, but I opted for the 13hr layover to get a chance to see Doha and hopefully the Discover Qatar program gets extended into next year.
13 hours gives you time to sightsee, relax or both. With 8h45m, HJBoeing doesn't really have time to get the full benefit of a hotel room, especially outside the airport. It's probably around the worst transit time to have.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by ChasingDaylight
Does anyone know if at SIN you can use the transfer desks with QR if coming off a separately ticketed flight? I am coming from BA and then have a separate QR flight afterwards (separate PNR & ticket number) and if I don't have to clear Customs, go landside and check-in then so much the better!
I'm in a similar situation as well. Coming from DPS on KL and transfering onto QR to DOH. I inquired about this through Changi's social media. Actually they offer transfering passengers a service on which they are able to stay airside even when travelling on different PNRs. There's more info on this page. The only requirement is that you're transfering from a Full Service Carrier (FSC) to another FSC. If that's the case you can simply go the transfer desk to collect your new BP and the staff will arrange the transfer of your checked bags.

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
You don't have to check in, you will already have your boarding pass. You can proceed directly to immigration and security.

The thing that could drag on a bit would immigration, that always seems a bit sluggish so one could worry if there is a bunch of people from the construction industry or service industry going for a break or permanent return to their home country.
Originally Posted by ft101
13 hours gives you time to sightsee, relax or both. With 8h45m, HJBoeing doesn't really have time to get the full benefit of a hotel room, especially outside the airport. It's probably around the worst transit time to have.
If I at least can have some hours of sleep in a hotel bed, I'm already happy. Did the same thing last year when transfering through DXB. Then I also arrived around 12 AM, while I departed at 09.40 AM, making the transfer time slightly longer. I really enjoyed the rest in a proper hotel bed. So planning on repeating that this time around.

I think I will just aim at arriving 2 hours before scheduled departure. I bet that will be sufficient for clearing immigration and security. HIA's website states that security and immigration on departure take approximately 7 minutes (though that's probably not the case...).
Old Oct 2, 2019, 3:17 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by HJBoeing
I'm in a similar situation as well. Coming from DPS on KL and transfering onto QR to DOH. I inquired about this through Changi's social media. Actually they offer transfering passengers a service on which they are able to stay airside even when travelling on different PNRs. There's more info on this page. The only requirement is that you're transfering from a Full Service Carrier (FSC) to another FSC. If that's the case you can simply go the transfer desk to collect your new BP and the staff will arrange the transfer of your checked bags.
Precisely what I was interested in - thanks! I vaguely recalled the service from about five years ago, but online information seems to be scant
Old Oct 2, 2019, 5:42 am

Programs: One World, Virgin
I was looking at the recent post on TP Run below:

Qatar Airways is having a nice flashsale (according to fare rules, offers are only valid today) from Copenhagen and Stockholm. ARN-HKT is cheapest at €1,311
SALES until 1OCT19
TRAVEL after 1OCT19
MIN STAY 5 days
MAX STAY 1 months
2 free stopovers.

Total newbie question. Ive never fully understood what "2 free stopovers" means and how to book them.
I was looking at flying ARN-HKT.
Are the stopovers limited to being in DOH or are there other options?
Do you have to call to book a trip with a stopover or can you book online?
If you can book online do you have to use a the multi-city function?

Thanks all
Old Oct 2, 2019, 12:05 pm

Programs: BAEC
A stopover is a break in the journey at a transit point. In this case it would be at Doha in both directions.

So depending on how long you want to stopover for, a long transit might feature in the standard itinaries; otherwise you will need to.play around with the multicity tool to find what you want, just be careful that timezones and dates don't trip you up.

Qatar is not that big and whilst there are a few things in Doha there is not that much to see, so unless you just want to relax you should not retain yourself for more than a day or two in Doha. Take note of the +Qatar stopover program; it's currently confirmed as running until 31 Dec 19 but is likely to be extended in the coming month or so. Even if it isn't hotel rooms are not excessively expensive.

Enjoy your journey!
mrwzee and Aston100 like this.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: One World, Virgin
Originally Posted by plunet
A stopover is a break in the journey at a transit point. In this case it would be at Doha in both directions.

So depending on how long you want to stopover for, a long transit might feature in the standard itinaries; otherwise you will need to.play around with the multicity tool to find what you want, just be careful that timezones and dates don't trip you up.

Qatar is not that big and whilst there are a few things in Doha there is not that much to see, so unless you just want to relax you should not retain yourself for more than a day or two in Doha. Take note of the +Qatar stopover program; it's currently confirmed as running until 31 Dec 19 but is likely to be extended in the coming month or so. Even if it isn't hotel rooms are not excessively expensive.

Enjoy your journey!
Thanks Plunet!
Old Oct 4, 2019, 2:14 pm

Programs: Meow Mix
Hi Guys,

It has been a while since I flown QR and this time in Y from ARN>DOH>DAD return. Having done some research, the bulkhead seats are only available for selection / assignment at the airport right? I know this is the case for exit rows with QR.

If I want to get bulkhead for the flight, best to get to the airport early/when it opens?
Old Oct 7, 2019, 3:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by angeloedades
Hi Guys,

It has been a while since I flown QR and this time in Y from ARN>DOH>DAD return. Having done some research, the bulkhead seats are only available for selection / assignment at the airport right? I know this is the case for exit rows with QR.

If I want to get bulkhead for the flight, best to get to the airport early/when it opens?
Yes, and Yes.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 3:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hi, I've made my first ever booking on Qatar airways through Ebookers (done as it was cheaper to do this and add a hotel than book separately). I'm trying to add my BA Frequent Flyer number on the Qatar website using Manage my Booking, as it didn't feed through from Ebookers, but this seems to be impossible to do, as it's saying I need to select my Title from a dropdown list, however, no titles appear in the dropdown list so I just get an error message when trying to submit the form. I've tried this in a couple of different browsers but get the same thing each time, and can't find a way to do this in the App. Can anyone help?
Old Oct 8, 2019, 7:22 am

All, Does anyobody know how early, a passenger with luggage to check in, may check in for the QR030 EDI-DOH flight leaving at 3.40pm on a Saturday, and travelling Biz class? I have tried to find the answer in the Manage Booking page on the QA website, but can't find it.

Also, may such a passenger use either the BA lounge or the No1 lounge? Passenger is a Oneworld Emerald (BAEC) if it makes a difference. Goal is hot food and champagne, without having to pay for anything on the day.

Thanks

Last edited by Yanshuf; Oct 9, 2019 at 4:12 am
Old Oct 8, 2019, 7:54 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Yanshuf
All, Does anyobody know how early, a passenger with luggage to check in, may check in for the QR030 EDI-DOH flight leaving at 3.40pm on a Saturday,a dn travelling Biz class? I have tried to find the answer in the Manage Booking page on the QA website, but can't find it.

Also, may such a passenger use either the BA lounge or the No1 lounge? Passenger is a Oneworld Emerald (BAEC) if it makes a difference. Goal is hot food and champagne, without having to pay for anything on the day.

Thanks
Check-in should open 3 hours before departure time and you can use either/both of those lounges as OWE flying QR.

In my experience, the No1 lounge is better for hot food and the BA lounge for champagne (note that you'll have to flag down a server to request a glass as it's not left out!). I would suggest you eat at No1 lounge then retire to BA lounge for a few drinks!
Old Oct 8, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by cosmo74
Hi, I've made my first ever booking on Qatar airways through Ebookers (done as it was cheaper to do this and add a hotel than book separately). I'm trying to add my BA Frequent Flyer number on the Qatar website using Manage my Booking, as it didn't feed through from Ebookers, but this seems to be impossible to do, as it's saying I need to select my Title from a dropdown list, however, no titles appear in the dropdown list so I just get an error message when trying to submit the form. I've tried this in a couple of different browsers but get the same thing each time, and can't find a way to do this in the App. Can anyone help?
Just try with Finnair website.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 2:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Matt4
Just try with Finnair website.
Thanks, should have thought of that, the Qatar site is driving me absolutely insane, I can’t get out of a cycle of being told I need to add my contact details on my iPad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.