FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free
Old Apr 26, 2019, 10:54 am
fish3d

Getting to DSP with and without award miles

Hi All,
I've been trying to book a trip out of anywhere on the east coast paying for one ticket and using AA miles for the other ticket. I must fly business class and be booked into a flight that has QSuites ( I understand there are equipment changes. I spoke to the AA desk and they said it couldn't be done. In fact they told me they could not find award mileage to DPS no matter what airline I flew from anywhere in the USA. Hard to believe. I asked if they could get me award mileage from west coast to HK and I would pay for the HK-DPS portion of the flight and again they said it couldn't be done. So here are my questions.
I am considering the following:
1. Depart on Tuesday June 11 Just buying two round trip tickets from BOS-DPS Depart on flight QR 744 and connect in DOH to flight QR 960 . This is a 14 hour layover.
Does flight QR 744 or QR 960 have Q suites???
2.Depart July 15 on flight QR961 connecting to QR 743...does either have the Qsuites?
Regarding the 14 hour layover, I'm considering getting a hotel..does it make sense?
THANKS IN ADVANCE

Last edited by fish3d; Apr 26, 2019 at 12:49 pm Reason: add...my home airport is RSW but willing to go anywhere to make this happen. 2:48 pm FARE HAS DOUBLED.