Wiki Posts
Search

Xmas Function

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2004, 6:20 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by RichardMEL
OK I found my guest pass and have booked!
You probably won't need it. Use it at MEL, there will be enough SG's and WP's at SYD to get you in.

Dare I wear my Star Alliance polo?
Of course - if anyone says anything, tell them you are defecting because of the program changes.

Dave
Old Nov 24, 2004, 6:25 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Ft Xmas Drinks, Update #10, Wed 24 Nov

Party time - 6 days (until SYD) and counting... woo hoo ^

(What better way to stick it to QF by drinking the QF Bar dry after the program changes announced today!!!)

Please - if you are on the unconfirmed list, think of advising me whether you are attending by posting a reply to this topic.

Sydney QP - Tuesday, 30 November @ 4pm and afterwards

Confirmed attendees (cornfirmation advice received in this thread):

QF WP (Plat) arriving from City, ETA 5.45pm
Willyroo (Plat), arriving from City, possibly with QF WP
thadocta (Gold) arriving QF562 5.50pm (QP arrival 6pm)
shillard (Plat)
og (Plat)
Dave Noble (Plat)
Goldflyer (Gold, of course!!), arriving from City, possibly with QF WP
Lis (??) arrival QF454 7.00pm (QP arrival shortly thereafter)
martynriddle (Gold)
tinkybelle (AA Plat / OW Sapphire) (we finally get to meet her!!)
goosegreen (Bronze)
serfty (Gold) - arrival on QF454 (6:50pm) & departs QF550 (7:35pm)
dazer (PS) - arrival ~ 4pm, departs QF546 (6:35pm)
RichardMEL (PS ^) arriving QF440 (3.50pm) & departs QF489 (8.30pm)

Possibles (will be moved up when confirmation received):

aura (??)
Kurwah (Plat)
ozstamps (??) - if he's back from the States
nonce (Plat) arriving QF??? ??pm

Agenda Items:

1. Quantity & quality of HP's due to large attendance - whose shout is it??
2. Proposed XO Dinner, Sydney (Lis to address meeting)
3. In depth discussion about the new QF Program changes
4. Salute to michswiss (for coming to Aust) and qfcbr (for leaving a month before this event)

Brisbane QP - Wednesday, 8 December @ 3pm and afterwards

QF WP (Plat)
Willyroo (Plat)
NM (Plat) + Mini NM#1 & 2
thadocta (Gold) arriving QF 530 but arrival in QP will be ~ 4.30pm
Dino2020 (unknown)

og (Plat) arriving QF??? ??pm
Dave Noble (Plat) arriving QF??? ??pm
IainF (Plat)
shillard (Plat)
dannyr (??)
BundyBear (Bronze)
spotwelder (BA Gold / OW Emerald)

Agenda Items:

1. Upcoming 3rd Annual BNE QP meeting (Feb 05) - preliminary discussions over a HP.
2. In depth discussion about the new QF Program changes

A couple of unknowns:

Itsalongwaydown - TBA (MEL or SYD).
swissmich - You've arrived in MEL (welcome!), are you going to try and attend BNE or SYD - maybe wait for MEL to be organised??

Anybody that I have missed (or not put in their status or flight details) please advise to this thread and I'll update the list.

Finally, for those who are NB, PS or Gold (or any other airline FF for that matter!!) and not flying on that day - don't worry!! There are enough Plats at each meeting to get everybody in (as we can take 2 guests in each and none of us have to be flying). In fact in Sydney, Plats could take in 4 guests - two per entrance. so we can really make this quite a party...

For anybody going to drop in (if you haven't got auto entry from a flight that day or Plat), make sure you page "Rod Speed" or "Dave Noble" to make sure we come and get you

[/ FT QP Convenors hat off ) ]

Last edited by QF WP; Nov 25, 2004 at 8:21 pm
Old Nov 24, 2004, 8:05 am

Programs: QF SG-OW Sapphire, AA nobody, Marriott nobody, Velocity-where everybody's a nobody,Hertz#1 Club Gold
Oh my! thank you for reminding me! I still have my comp QP pass for making SILVER. I just have to find it, and then I can get up there and wait for you guys!

I was about to book Vermin, but might reconsider an earlier flight now!
OK I found my guest pass and have booked!

So, I'll be there:

Arriving QF440 @ 1550
Departing QF489 @ 2030

So I'll hold out in the FT corner and wait for everyone else to show up.

Dare I wear my Star Alliance polo?
I'm glad I helped jog your memory RichardMEL and that you can now make it to the party but the thadocta's advice is sound. Burn that QP comp guest pass when you really need it. I'd suggest a delayed flight because of a thunderstorm this summer...hopefully by a couple of hours...not that I'm wishing it on you

BTW thanks QF WP for adding me to the confirmed list - looking forward to meeting you all at the SYD T3 QP, I'll be sure to page "Rod Speed" when I arrive (Oh yeah, I'm familiar with Roddle's usenet rantings over the last 10 years or so that I've been online )

Another Dave
Old Nov 24, 2004, 12:50 pm

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
Perhaps we can take the opportunity of the get togethers to make a silent protest about the FF changes. slowly but steadily drinking the bar dry could be one method.
Old Nov 24, 2004, 3:55 pm

Programs: QF, GF, VA, AA
Originally Posted by QF WP
Party time - 6 days (until SYD) and counting... woo hoo ^

(What better way to stick it to QF by drinking the QF Bar dry after the program changes announced today!!!)

Anybody that I have missed (or not put in their status or flight details) please advise to this thread and I'll update the list.

]
I'll be there about 4:15 PM. Not flying in so will rely on a page.

If the QP runs out of cold HP I'll help demolish the stock of Crownies and anything else that is wet and alcoholic. Damn the changes!
Old Nov 24, 2004, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Wink Quite Ale or two

Originally Posted by GoldFlyer
Perhaps we can take the opportunity of the get togethers to make a silent protest about the FF changes. slowly but steadily drinking the bar dry could be one method.
It will be interesting to find out exactly how silent such a protest will be. Groups of people trying to steadily drink a bar dry have a tendancy to become quite UNsilent .
Old Nov 24, 2004, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by QF WP

ozstamps (??) - if he's back from the States
Just back today from the backwoods of Alabama and Mississippi and Tennessee so please add me as a definite starter.

Back there Dec 6 on a 26,750 mile round trip in 6 days, Sydney to Sydney.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=374609
Old Nov 24, 2004, 9:33 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
Thanks to the two Daes for their advice however my reading of this thread has everyone arriving somewhat later than I am (ie: >1700) so while there may be plenty of Golds and Plats in the lounge, there might not be any FTers!

Anyway, given the new b**stard changes and whatnot I think this is the best use of my guest pass - I shall consume several HP's before the bulk of you arrive, so my aggrevation level will be somewhat dimmed by cool HP goodness courtesy of uncle scrooge mcDixon & Co. ie: I don't see myself flying too many more QF trips - what's the point? I might as well stick to Star (and there are other reasons that will see a real lack of travel for me in the near future).

So unless I know there will be someone there I don't mind using my stinkin pass to get in when I arrive at SYD (Besides, someone has to try and grab the FT corner before some no hoper legitimate business flyers show up and grab it during the peak! )

And oh yeah, I'm washing the Star polo tonight! Now, where's my AN badges?
Old Nov 25, 2004, 12:23 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Plat No 0010XXX, AA Plat 2 MM, Sinbad Blue, HHonors Dia., Marriott Titanium, IHG Amb
Add me to the list please

Greetings QFWP and all,
Please add me as a confirmed for SYD Nov 30th:
Arr: QF 537 at 16:40. I am Plat , so very happy to help with guest entry as well.
Regards, John.
Old Nov 25, 2004, 8:30 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
FT Xmas Drinks, Update #11, 26 Nov

Party time - 4 days (until SYD) and counting... yeah baby ^

(What better way to stick it to QF by drinking the QF Bar dry after the program changes announced this week!!!)

Please - if you are on the unconfirmed list, think of advising me whether you are attending by posting a reply to this topic.

Sydney QP - Tuesday, 30 November @ 4pm and afterwards

QF WP (Plat)
Willyroo (Plat), arriving from City
thadocta (Gold) arriving QF562 5.50pm (QP arrival 6pm)
shillard (Plat)
og (Plat)
Dave Noble (Plat)
Goldflyer (Gold, of course!!), arriving from City
Lis (??) arrival QF454 7.00pm (QP arrival shortly thereafter)
martynriddle (Gold)
tinkybelle (AA Plat / OW Sapphire) (we finally get to meet her!!)
goosegreen (Bronze)
serfty (Gold) - arrival on QF454 (6:50pm) & departs QF550 (7:35pm)
dazer (PS) - arrival ~ 4pm, departs QF546 (6:35pm)
RichardMEL (PS ^) arriving QF440 (3.50pm) & departs QF489 (8.30pm)
SFSC (??) - arriving ~ 4.15pm
ozstamps (??)
JohnSydney2000 (Plat) - arriving QF537 (4.40pm)

aura (??)
Kurwah (Plat)

Agenda Items:

1. Quantity & quality of HP's due to large attendance - whose shout is it??
2. Proposed XO Dinner, Sydney (Lis to address meeting)
3. In depth discussion about the new QF Program changes
4. Salute to michswiss (for coming to Aust) and qfcbr (for leaving a month before this event)

Brisbane QP - Wednesday, 8 December @ 3pm and afterwards

QF WP (Plat)
Willyroo (Plat)
NM (Plat) + Mini NM#1 & 2
thadocta (Gold) arriving QF 530 but arrival in QP will be ~ 4.30pm
Dino2020 (unknown)

og (Plat) arriving QF??? ??pm
Dave Noble (Plat) arriving QF??? ??pm
IainF (Plat)
shillard (Plat)
dannyr (??)
BundyBear (Bronze)
spotwelder (BA Gold / OW Emerald)

Agenda Items:

1. Upcoming 3rd Annual BNE QP meeting (Feb 05) - preliminary discussions over a HP.
2. In depth discussion about the new QF Program changes

A couple of unknowns:

Itsalongwaydown - TBA (MEL or SYD).
swissmich - You've arrived in MEL (welcome!), are you going to try and attend BNE or SYD - maybe wait for MEL to be organised??

Finally, for those who are NB, PS or Gold (or any other airline FF for that matter!!) and not flying on that day - don't worry!! There are enough Plats at each meeting to get everybody in (as we can take 2 guests in each and none of us have to be flying). In fact in Sydney, Plats could take in 4 guests - two per entrance. so we can really make this quite a party...

For anybody going to drop in (if you haven't got auto entry from a flight that day or Plat), make sure you page "Rod Speed" or "Dave Noble" to make sure we come and get you

Unfortunately, due to last minute change of work plans, I will be flying into SYD for this meeting rather than already being there. Willyroo & Goldflyer, perhaps you can PM each other and travel out together instead.

Will keep you advised of my flight details....

[/ FT QP Convenors hat off ) ]

Last edited by QF WP; Nov 28, 2004 at 6:39 pm
Old Nov 25, 2004, 8:36 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum/Oneworld Emerald, Qantas Lifetime Gold
QF WP, you can put me down as a possible for the Sydney function - I would love to participate in draining the bar!! I have a client function that night but just rec'd an email saying it might be moved. So, there's a low probability of me attending, but if the function gets moved I will try to make it. I'm platinum as well so can get in on my own.

Thanks for organizing.
Old Nov 25, 2004, 10:49 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
I claim the BFO Award (Bleeding Obvious..) for an agenda item: Program changes and ramifications on QFs long term profitability.
Old Nov 28, 2004, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
I'll aim for about 4pm QF WP - for adding to your time chart. (Great work you are doing there BTW. ^ )

I was planning on driving, but after 6 or whatever HP, driving back to LNS is not terribly bright in the evening.

Is anyone still heading to QC direct from city? I might take the train or we can split a cab which makes even more sense probably. If so I can hook up wherever and whenever it suits. Please lets know via here or ozstamps at ozemail.com

-----------------------

Last edited by ozstamps; Nov 28, 2004 at 7:14 am
Old Nov 28, 2004, 7:13 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by ozstamps
I was planning on driving, but after 6 or whatever HP, driving back to LNS is not terribly bright in the evening.
I agree - given my new current employer, I cannot disagree! (WIll fill you in on the night).

If anyone still heading to QC direct from city? I might take the train or we can split a cab which makes even more sense probably. If so I can hook up wherever and whenever it suits. Please lets know via here or ozstamps at ozemail.com
I will be looking at heading back towards Taylor Square at the end of festivities. I am more than willing to share on the way back in.

Dave
Old Nov 28, 2004, 3:04 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Weather warning

Folks,

Be aware that Sydney City is forecast to get to 42 degrees tomorrow (Tuesday). That is likely to have serious affects on rail travel (slow due to rail buckling hazard). Do factor this into your plans. Also be aware that electricity may well be affected in some areas due to extreme loadings from air con etc all operating at "suspended animation" settings.

Can someone send an SOS to the QP to put more HP on ice - please.

I may well be revising my plan to walk from Mascot station (and instead fork out the full fare to Domestic station). Otherwise, I'll be using the showers in the QP before the meeting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.