Search

Xmas Function

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2004, 1:47 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
I can catch that overpriced train to SYD in order to fit more beers in. Being WP means I don't actually need to be flying on the day, a pleasure I have only used once before.

Just get the train to Mascot station and walk for 15 minutes to the QP. Fare from the Inner West is $4.80 but over $10 if going one station further to Domestic.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by QF WP

Willyroo, I'll have been in the City seeing clients all day, but I'm sure I'll be able to head out to SYD T3 QP for an FT meeting . Are you flying in that afternoon??

Looks like we have confirmed a date for SYD meeting - Tuesday, 30 November ^ .

Tuesday November 30 works for me - any time.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 11:59 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Speaking of time, what time will we be kicking off? I will be in CBR, and will be flying back the night ov 30NOV - need to know what flight to book on.

Dave
Old Oct 18, 2004, 3:55 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Any time is fine for me - I'll just leave the office early and get the train to Mascot station - then a leisurely 15 min walk. How does 16:00 sound for starters? Any other offers?
Old Oct 18, 2004, 6:29 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
BNE, SYD and CBR?? QP meetings...organisational chart

Okay, I've gone back over the entire 5 pages and put everybody details in the relevant meetings. I've also put in status (where known) and arrival details for those flying in (where known).

Sydney QP - Tuesday, 30 November @ 4pm and afterwards

Attendees:

QF WP (Plat)
Willyroo (Plat) arriving QF543 5.10pm
og (Plat)
Dave Noble (Plat)
aura (??)
Kurwah (Plat)
thadocta (Gold) arriving QF??? ??pm
shillard (Plat)
ozstamps (??)
RichardMEL (Bronze) arriving QF??? ??pm
nonce (Plat) arriving QF??? ??pm

Brisbane QP - Wednesday, 8 December @ 3pm and afterwards

Attendees:

QF WP (Plat)
Willyroo (Plat)
og (Plat) arriving QF??? ??pm
Dave Noble (Plat) arriving QF??? ??pm
IainF (Plat)
NM (Plat)
thadocta (Gold) arriving QF??? ??pm
shillard (Plat)
dannyr (??)
HW (Plat)
BundyBear (Bronze)
nonce (Plat) arriving QF??? ??pm

A couple of unknowns:

Itsalongwaydown - I know you live in MEL, are you going to try and attend SYD or wait for MEL to be organised.
prspad - you said you're in SYD end-Nov & Dec...are you around on these dates??
swissmiss - I know you're relocating to MEL (welcome!), are you going to try and attend SYD or wait for MEL to be organised.
KiwiFlyer - SYD might be the go for you if it fits in with your schedules, as MEL is still TBA

I'll be putting together CBR, MEL, PER and ADL ones as well but haven't confirmed flight details yet.

CBR possible attendees:

Craigo
swissbignose
QF WP
Alan in CBR
honu

Alas, we're losing qfcbr who's taken a job in Geneva, leaving 30 October. Sorry I can't organise one in your honour before you go , however we'll raise our glasses to you at the SYD one ^ .

Anybody that I have missed (or not put in their status or flight details) please advise to this thread and I'll update the list.

[/ FT QP Convenors hat off - phew ]

Last edited by QF WP; Oct 21, 2004 at 4:11 am Reason: just noticed I was spelling challenged when I wrote it
Old Oct 18, 2004, 6:37 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
At this stage I cant make either BNE or SYD, but as long as this thread stays on pg 1 of the QF forum will remember to check if my situation changes.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 8:50 pm

Programs: QF WP, GP Diamond, HH Gold
Alas, we're losing qfcbr who's taken a job in Geneva, leaving 30 October. Sorry I can't organise one in your honour before you go , however we'll raise our glasses to you at the SYD one ^ .
Have a few HPs on me... ^

I'll return the honour at an AY lounge onroute (will smuggle a few HPs out of the SYD QP to take with me).

-qfcbr.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer

At this stage I cant make either BNE or SYD, but as long as this thread stays on pg 1 of the QF forum will remember to check if my situation changes.
Perhaps we can prevail upon our esteemed Mod willyroo to give one of the other "stickies" a short holiday, and have this as a 'sticky' for the next month or two, so that it does not vanish from sight? ^
Old Oct 20, 2004, 7:33 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Wink Got a handle on that, ozstamps

Don't worry ozstamps and all, in my role as QP Meeting Convenor, I won't let this disappear off the front page, as hopefully there will be constantly people confirming the RSVP's...(hint hint ) I'd placed in my previous post and I'll be forever updating the lists
Old Oct 20, 2004, 9:40 am

Programs: The usual for over 7 Million paid miles flown to date... My first paid flight was on a DC3.
Sorry, Mates... I'll be heading out of SYD a couple days earlier on KE to Seoul & on to LAX a few days after that. I won't be back in SYD until Christmas. Maybe another day?
Old Oct 20, 2004, 4:35 pm

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Perhaps we can prevail upon our esteemed Mod willyroo to give one of the other "stickies" a short holiday, and have this as a 'sticky' for the next month or two, so that it does not vanish from sight? ^
Good call oz. Me, esteemed? Hardly!

Don't worry ozstamps and all, in my role as QP Meeting Convenor, I won't let this disappear off the front page, as hopefully there will be constantly people confirming the RSVP's...(hint hint ) I'd placed in my previous post and I'll be forever updating the lists
Actually why don't we get people to post details of when and how and where they'll be coming, and our legendary convenor QF WP can keep the post above current...
Old Oct 20, 2004, 5:39 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Hmm, after proposing the BNE date of 8th December, it now looks like I may be OS at the time. Oh well. But this particular meeting/workshop event it notorious ofr being on-again-off-again, then rescheduled, cencelled, reinstated and moved multiple times before it actually happens.

So I will either be earning my way ever closer to LTG, or part of the bar-FT Corner commute in BNE QP. I have to be back in BNE by 11th December, so may be able to get back in time anyway.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 12:37 am

Programs: QP Silver; CX MPC Green; Virgin AusRed
Originally Posted by NM
...notorious ofr being on-again-off-again, then rescheduled, cencelled, reinstated and moved multiple times before it actually happens.
Ummm.... that certianly sounds very close to one's seating allocation on a QF/DJ flight actually

Well, unfortunately I can't come along as I will be overseas for a couple of months from end of November Anyhow, I would have no access to QP since I am a nobody.

Last edited by RickyT; Oct 21, 2004 at 2:54 am Reason: Editorial Error
Old Oct 21, 2004, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RickyT

Anyhow, I would have no access to QP since I am a nobody.
Heck me too on OW, but I doubt that will not stop this bunch from organising a neat way around such minor impediments.

You only needed to atend OzFest in May to have seen QF WP et al at work at SYD QC.

About 20 (?) of us all gained entry. ^

Thanks willyroo .. very helpful making this a short term 'sticky'.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

QP access

Originally Posted by RickyT
.. Anyhow, I would have no access to QP since I am a nobody.
A few months ago I hired a meeting room at BNE QP (at $20 per hour) All the non QP people had no touble entering for the meeting (left names at front desk). Only 2 of 7 attending had "legal" access to the QP that day. Reading the rules and regs they others should have been charged $25 each, but this did not happen. Some on the guys had a few beers after the meeting whilst waiting for their flights or going out to the car park

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Oct 21, 2004 at 1:07 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.