Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

(Business) AA: LAX-MIA-PTY (Panama City) $723 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Business) AA: LAX-MIA-PTY (Panama City) $723 RT

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2015, 8:53 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Plat
Hit ExPlat with this flight. 100k points and now to enjoy the fruits of my labors!
Old Sep 22, 2015, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by silentindustries
Hit ExPlat with this flight. 100k points and now to enjoy the fruits of my labors!
Congrats. Welcome to EP flying. Hope you enjoy the ride. ^
Old Sep 22, 2015, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL, UA
Congrats silentindustries! ^ Seeing your home airport, pretty sure I bumped into you on the PTY-MIA leg (was sitting across in row 4).

If so, it was nice talking to you.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Congratulations!

Happy flying!!

And thanks supermintyfresh for the awesome thread!
Old Sep 22, 2015, 6:47 pm

Be in NYC friday night @ 11pm, leave NYC @ 6 am.
Going to go to Top Hops or Torst, if anyone wants to join.

Be in Panama on Saturday for the day.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 7:44 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by supermintyfresh
Congrats silentindustries! ^ Seeing your home airport, pretty sure I bumped into you on the PTY-MIA leg (was sitting across in row 4).

If so, it was nice talking to you.
That was me- Thanks for the deal! I ended up having to change the flight to JFK since they had a 2 hour delay. But.... got ORC so all is well!
Old Sep 23, 2015, 12:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL, UA
That was me- Thanks for the deal! I ended up having to change the flight to JFK since they had a 2 hour delay. But.... got ORC so all is well!
Don't know if this is considered too off topic, but was it AA flight 21 that you were originally on? Delayed from 6:30 pm to 10:00 pm?

Funny thing -- did same day standby to an earlier flight from MIA-JFK successfully, but then all the other JFK-LAX flights got full because everyone jumped ship off the delayed AA 21. Curious to know the reason if anyone knows how to investigate (the flight was on 09/20) -- the AAngel at the Admiral's Club said a reason wasn't listed when I last checked.

I looked at AA 21's past flights and it doesn't have a good punctuality history... 0.9/5 rating under "Delay Performance". Avoid if you know what's good for ya

Glad you got your credit though -- especially if you didn't have much wiggle room for qualifying!
Old Sep 25, 2015, 1:49 pm

Someone is doing the exact same. Route as me right now. Aa256
Old Sep 27, 2015, 9:06 am

BTW, The Riande Airport hotel is pretty nice. Its 4 minutes from the airport with a free shuttle and only costs $80 / night. Saves the frustration of going downtown.

WiFi was actually very fast.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 11:29 am

BTW, The Riande Airport hotel is pretty nice. Its 4 minutes from the airport with a free shuttle and only costs $80 / night. Saves the frustration of going downtown.

WiFi was actually very fast.
Thanks for the info, I was planning to stay there so glad to hear that.

I'm sure many are aware, but this is an excellent fare not only for mileage running, but also for anyone looking to make a trip to the East Coast -- because of the allowed stopover at the gateway (MIA).

I was able to use this fare to book a trip to visit family in Florida during the winter holiday period, with a little over a week stopover in MIA and then a single night in PTY on the return for around $1000. It was quite a deal for me, since transcon flights in Y around that time can often cost close to the same, and getting to instead fly LAX - JFK in flat-bed is a major upgrade.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by OWBlueMoon
Thanks for the info, I was planning to stay there so glad to hear that.
You will enjoy the stay there. I wasn't expecting much, and was actually gonna stay Virtuoso downtown but had a lot of work to do. Anyway, I wanted to be close to airport and this place fit the bill. Super quick 2 minute ride to the hotel and the hotel beat my expectations. Plus, the cost for one night is equivialent to the roundtirp cab fare to downtown Panama.

Also, the flight attendants on this route have some nice assets. Nicer then Ive seen on any other AA route.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 5:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
Just booked a trip Nov 7th to 10th, and the nice thing is that the fare works from YVR as well! No positioning needed for me.

Managed to book yvr-lax-jfk-mia-pty-jfk-phx-yvr with LAX-JFK, JFK-MIA and MIA-JFK on flat beds.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by roastpuff
Just booked a trip Nov 7th to 10th, and the nice thing is that the fare works from YVR as well! No positioning needed for me.

Managed to book yvr-lax-jfk-mia-pty-jfk-phx-yvr with LAX-JFK, JFK-MIA and MIA-JFK on flat beds.
What equipment does AA fly on JFK-MIA that is flat bed?
Old Sep 27, 2015, 9:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Per EF, on Sundays i.e. Nov. 8, flight 2382 (the 1:59 pm departure) has the new 763 equipment operating that route.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 11:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
From my searches I've come across the retrofit 77D and the 763 with flat beds. There's also the odd 757 with angle flat seats running around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.