Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

(Business) AA: LAX-MIA-PTY (Panama City) $723 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Business) AA: LAX-MIA-PTY (Panama City) $723 RT

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2015, 7:50 pm

You should be able to include JFK by using the Multi-city planner on the AA website when you search for the itin. You'll have to specifically include LAX-JFK and JFK-PTY as segments. As long as you follow the stopover rules and there is availability, you should see this fare.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 1:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Is there an easy way of getting the cheap prices?

I search by price/schedule and get fares around £770 / $1050.
By playing around with routings, and using 40 schedule results, I found one flight with 3 parts i.e. CLT-MCO, MCO-MIA, MIA-PTY rather than CLT-PTY or CLT-MCO-PTY and this gave me £561 / $800. Others vary from £770 up to £2000.
Seems very convoluted trying every single option to find a sweet spot.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 11:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, SPG Plat100, Hyatt Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by IWontRegretThis
CK does not pay copay on milage upgrades.
Good to know, Thanks!
Old Sep 15, 2015, 7:21 pm

Had to cancel my last itinerary due to a work conflict. Having trouble finding this again? Anyone have any luck recently? When I use google flights it finds the low fare but AA says it doesn't exist. Odd.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 12:55 pm

Ugh....

Just flew the LAX-MIA-PTY run on 9/12-9/13. Unfortunately, it turned out to be 9/12-9/14 with a 7 hour over night layover in Miami.

The flight back from PTY to MIA was delayed THREE times for some unknown reason causing me to entirely miss the connection to LAX Sunday night. AA rebooked me onto the 6:59am flight Monday morning. One plus was that this flight was a 3 cabin 777, so I was able to talk the agent until putting me in 1st since the original booking was in 1st on a 2 cabin.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 1:07 pm

Booked it - thank you!

Originally Posted by ft4lyf
Use the multi city search function;
LAX-JFK
JFK-PTY
PTY-JFK
JFK-LAX
Booked it this way - $932 - but still well worth it for nearly 20K EQP. Thank you!
Old Sep 16, 2015, 1:57 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Starwood Platinum
Am I miscalculating

Originally Posted by welch1013
Booked it this way - $932 - but still well worth it for nearly 20K EQP. Thank you!
Sorry, newbie here. Just wondering how you came up with the EQP. I just routed LAX-JFK-MIA-PTY-MIA-JFK-LAS-LAX (A,I) and according to the AA agent will only bank about 14,500 EQP.

Im a long time Delta diamond and looking to try out AA EP this coming year with a 25k fast track challenge.

Thanks!
Old Sep 16, 2015, 2:22 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, Hilton, AS, AA, JL, HA
Originally Posted by ARH2
Sorry, newbie here. Just wondering how you came up with the EQP. I just routed LAX-JFK-MIA-PTY-MIA-JFK-LAS-LAX (A,I) and according to the AA agent will only bank about 14,500 EQP.

Im a long time Delta diamond and looking to try out AA EP this coming year with a 25k fast track challenge.

Thanks!
If you are on a challenge you will only earn 1.5 EQP, thus the 14,500. Otherwise there is a special 2015 EQP promo for all others that nets 2 EQP for F/J thus the ~20,000.

It seems the price is slowly creeping up, at least on dates around weekends. I did the trip along with my wife and a buddy a couple of weeks back; we spent a few days in PTY and had a great time. Really enjoyed the Hilton and their very nice lounge. We went to the Panama vs. Uruguay futebol match and ended up making friends with our taxi driver who took us all over Casco Viejo for a personal walking tour the next afternoon. Have a second trip booked with my buddy via JFK booked for December. Great stuff.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 2:29 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by Windward Side of Life
If you are on a challenge you will only earn 1.5 EQP, thus the 14,500. Otherwise there is a special 2015 EQP promo for all others that nets 2 EQP for F/J thus the ~20,000.

It seems the price is slowly creeping up, at least on dates around weekends. I did the trip along with my wife and a buddy a couple of weeks back; we spent a few days in PTY and had a great time. Really enjoyed the Hilton and their very nice lounge. We went to the Panama vs. Uruguay futebol match and ended up making friends with our taxi driver who took us all over Casco Viejo for a personal walking tour the next afternoon. Have a second trip booked with my buddy via JFK booked for December. Great stuff.
That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification!
Old Sep 16, 2015, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by welch1013
^
Old Sep 16, 2015, 6:02 pm

On which routes are people finding lie flat transcon airplanes? I am only seeing the recline seats on all routes I search LAX-MIA-PTY and reverse.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by dawnzerly
On which routes are people finding lie flat transcon airplanes? I am only seeing the recline seats on all routes I search LAX-MIA-PTY and reverse.
LAX-JFK is lie flat.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Originally Posted by dawnzerly
772s on LAX-MIA and A321T on LAX-JFK.
I have also gotten 767s on LAX-DFW-MIA, but not on this fare.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 2:15 pm

Just put LAS-JFK-MIA-PTY-MIA-JFK-CLT-LAS on hold for $804. Would have loved to do the JFK-LAX transcon in J (I have flown it in F), but it doesn't make sense for me to pay about $100 more and to transit to LAX.

The whole thing comes to 9,187 flown miles or 13,781 EQPs. Don't think I am going to do better than that for the price. I have about 5,000 EQPs coming for already booked travel. Just need to find about 6,000 more to hit the 25K on elite fast track.

Thanks everyone for the info in this thread!
Old Sep 21, 2015, 12:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, CC Gold, SPG Gold, AA Exec Platinum
Holding a Las-jfk-mia-pty-mia-jfk-phx-las for Nov. Booking it tonight, ~9k EQP was exactly what I needed to push me over to EP by 200 eqps. I got the confirmed status challenge email so lets hope I get it.

Thanks all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.