Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

(Business) AA: LAX-MIA-PTY (Panama City) $723 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Business) AA: LAX-MIA-PTY (Panama City) $723 RT

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2015, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by gan911
all 1 day turnarounds are 800 or higher per ita matrix into november into december

all 0 day turnarounds are 848 or higher per ita matrix nov into dec

So i booked a 1 hr turnaround in sju for 760 i believe. all in biz
As I said the fares, even for turnarounds, are still there. For example, from aa.com:
American Airlines 1538
Los Angeles (LAX)
November 14, 2015 11:55 PM
Travel Time : 4 h 53 m
Cabin Class : First
Seat : unassigned

Miami (MIA)
November 15, 2015 07:48 AM
Booking Code : A
Plane Type : 32B

American Airlines 1021
Miami (MIA)
November 15, 2015 09:44 AM
Travel Time : 3 h 9 m
Cabin Class : Business

Panama City (PTY)
November 15, 2015 12:53 PM
Booking Code : I
Plane Type : 738

American Airlines 1474
Panama City (PTY)
November 15, 2015 04:45 PM
Travel Time : 3 h 1 m

Miami (MIA)
November 15, 2015 07:46 PM
Plane Type : 738

American Airlines 1352
Miami (MIA)
November 16, 2015 06:40 AM
Travel Time : 5 h 40 m

Los Angeles (LAX)
November 16, 2015 09:20 AM
Plane Type : 777

Fare Amount
Adult
1 × $635.00 USD

$635.00 USD
Taxes & Carrier-Imposed Fees
Taxes

$114.50 USD
Carrier-Imposed Fees

$0.00 USD
Price and Tax Information
Flight Subtotal
$749.50 USD
Appears to be wide open most days especially after about November 14. which is when I was checking. ITA hasn't been as reliable as normal, imo, lately.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 8:39 pm

Programs: QF SG
Anything going in the other direction? I'm in PTY and need to get to the west coast in the next week or two?
Old Oct 17, 2015, 4:41 pm

Programs: DL*DM/AA*G
Just go forward and look into it. I got PTY+SFO ticketed few weeks back.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 12:51 pm

MIA Customs/Immigration Experiences?

My sister and I did a MR this past weekend (LAX-MIA-PTY-MIA-JFK-LAX) and wanted to know others' experiences in clearing customs and immigration upon re-entering the U.S.

We had spent the night in Panama, and every customs and immigration official we came across seemed to have difficulties in grasping the concept of MRs and didn't understand why we were only in Panama for one night. We were subject to two separate customs searches and had to deal with four different officials who wanted to know why we were in Panama, our relationship, etc.

Has anyone else encountered any problems? This experience was more of a nuisance than anything else, but I'd like to know if this is a typical experience for PTY mileage runners. If so, I'm thinking that international MRs might not be worth the hassle.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by jyk228
My sister and I did a MR this past weekend (LAX-MIA-PTY-MIA-JFK-LAX) and wanted to know others' experiences in clearing customs and immigration upon re-entering the U.S.

We had spent the night in Panama, and every customs and immigration official we came across seemed to have difficulties in grasping the concept of MRs and didn't understand why we were only in Panama for one night. We were subject to two separate customs searches and had to deal with four different officials who wanted to know why we were in Panama, our relationship, etc.

Has anyone else encountered any problems? This experience was more of a nuisance than anything else, but I'd like to know if this is a typical experience for PTY mileage runners. If so, I'm thinking that international MRs might not be worth the hassle.
Never had a problem. I ran into a huge problem at MIA though. I usually cleared customs in one minute or less at PTY.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Originally Posted by surftb15
Never had a problem. I ran into a huge problem at MIA though. I usually cleared customs in one minute or less at PTY.
No problems here - although I also spent one night in Costa Rica and one night in PTY, so got to explain it off as business, although I have been asked in LAX multiple times to show a business card... can be pretty weird sometimes.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 3:27 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
wanted to know others' experiences in clearing customs and immigration upon re-entering the U.S.
Originally Posted by surftb15
Never had a problem. I ran into a huge problem at MIA though.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by whimike
thought the person meant PTY.
Anyway, in MIA, i got associated with someone who committed a crime. THE SAME DAY I WAS IN PANAMA.
Was detained for three hours.
Worst. ever.

they finally cleread it up, but i barely made my next flight.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 8:32 pm

Programs: EMT-P
Many thanks to supermintyfresh and all the other contributors. Just booked LAX-JFK-MIA-PTY Dec. 5-8 and happily used 2 SWUs for the TCONs. This should get me finished for EP after I add in my positioning flight from PHL.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 10:58 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
My visit to PTY was the only real question at my GE interview!
Old Oct 21, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, SPG Plat100, Hyatt Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Speaking of GE, I have it, but haven't used it yet, first time will be on this MR.

I'm assuming there will be no hassle by the CBP folks since it's just the kiosk, but wanted to hear other folks' experiences.

Thanks!
Old Oct 21, 2015, 10:46 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
GE

GE is the best ever $100 I have ever spent. Period.

On Sunday the immigration lines at JFK were very long. And then there was a long secondary line at customs that was snaking around the luggage carousel. I saw a guy from my plane in the flagship lounge come in 2 hours after me. My whole experience was over in 15 minutes and that has been the longest.

In MIA you will love GE. The immigration lines are always long but GE is usually complete in less than a minute.

Originally Posted by 1kIAH
Speaking of GE, I have it, but haven't used it yet, first time will be on this MR.

I'm assuming there will be no hassle by the CBP folks since it's just the kiosk, but wanted to hear other folks' experiences.

Thanks!
Old Oct 21, 2015, 10:51 am

Or you can use the mobile app which clears you just as fast as GE
Old Oct 21, 2015, 11:36 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG
Just completed by second turn in PTY for the year, this time just a simple LAX-DFW-MIA-PTY-MIA-DFW-LAX.

Once again no problems to report other than the 772 scheduled for the DFW-MIA sector was fueled up as if it was DFW-NRT so a 4 hour delay whilst they removed all the extra gas. I really wonder how this can happen in 2015.

MIA immigration was time flawless, from deplaning to kerbside in about 15 minutes, a record for me.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 11:52 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG

In Panama you might have just been unlucky. I've never spent more than one night in PTY and each time (once solo and once with a friend) we've had no issues exiting through customs / immigration. In saying that, the last couple of times I've just turned around and not entered the country which has made life easier.

Coming back into US I've always been open with the immigration folks and told them I've been on a MR, each time I've politely been allowed though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.