Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

(Business) AA: LAX-MIA-PTY (Panama City) $723 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Business) AA: LAX-MIA-PTY (Panama City) $723 RT

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2016, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Exec Citi, NZ* G, Nat EE, Avis PP, HH Gold
This definitely belongs in the other thread because it's through JFK. Let's try to not have two parallel threads going again

If a mod sees this, can you please close this thread with a link to the duplicate one where discussion has been going on? Thanks!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...-723-rt-8.html
Old Feb 25, 2016, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by hartlogan
This definitely belongs in the other thread because it's through JFK. Let's try to not have two parallel threads going again

If a mod sees this, can you please close this thread with a link to the duplicate one where discussion has been going on? Thanks!

This is the original thread, then this fare died, then the other fare popped up, then the fare died then this thread was used for the most recent fare.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hartlogan

You can click the report button (the red exclamation mark in a red triangle) beneath the poster's name to summon a mod
Old Mar 8, 2016, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire, National Exec Elite, Hilton Gold
Just booked a variation of this for a massive MR next month...

Positioning flight in Y: DAY-DFW-YVR / YVR-LAX-CLT-DAY = $377 / 6321 EQM / 13397 RDM

MR #1 in J: YVR-LAX-JFK-MIA-PTY / PTY-MIA-JFK-PHX-YVR = $777 / 22846 EQM / 33613 RDM

MR #2 in J: YVR-LAX-JFK-MIA-PTY / PTY-MIA-JFK-PHX-YVR = $805 / 22846 EQM / 33669 RDM

TOTAL = $1959 / 21 segments / 52013 EQM / 80679 RDM = 2.43 cpm

One week total from initial departure to return, with a max of 4 nights in hotels, depending on what I decide to to. On the J portions, 6 legs have lie-flats, including two LAX-JFK flights in the A321T. Should be an adventure!
Old Mar 8, 2016, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by stdatwmu
Just booked a variation of this for a massive MR next month...

Positioning flight in Y: DAY-DFW-YVR / YVR-LAX-CLT-DAY = $377 / 6321 EQM / 13397 RDM

MR #1 in J: YVR-LAX-JFK-MIA-PTY / PTY-MIA-JFK-PHX-YVR = $777 / 22846 EQM / 33613 RDM

MR #2 in J: YVR-LAX-JFK-MIA-PTY / PTY-MIA-JFK-PHX-YVR = $805 / 22846 EQM / 33669 RDM

TOTAL = $1959 / 21 segments / 52013 EQM / 80679 RDM = 2.43 cpm

One week total from initial departure to return, with a max of 4 nights in hotels, depending on what I decide to to. On the J portions, 6 legs have lie-flats, including two LAX-JFK flights in the A321T. Should be an adventure!
I'm doing the exact same route in the first and second weekend of April. What are your dates?
Old Mar 8, 2016, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
wrong thread for this you guys there's a new one
Old Mar 9, 2016, 6:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire, National Exec Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Smiley90
wrong thread for this you guys there's a new one
This one? Reposting over there now...

Originally Posted by rinipiyan
I'm doing the exact same route in the first and second weekend of April. What are your dates?
4/13 to 4/15 and 4/16 to 4/18
Old Jul 1, 2016, 9:03 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
I was trying to do this run over July 4, but it got all jacked up. LAX-JFK tonight was cancelled due to weather. They put me on LAX-DFW-PTY tomorrow. LAX-DFW is in First, while DFW-PTY is in crummy coach.

Any chance I can get original routing credit, even though it is due to weather and not MX?
Old Jul 1, 2016, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by yngdiego
I was trying to do this run over July 4, but it got all jacked up. LAX-JFK tonight was cancelled due to weather. They put me on LAX-DFW-PTY tomorrow. LAX-DFW is in First, while DFW-PTY is in crummy coach.

Any chance I can get original routing credit, even though it is due to weather and not MX?
Oh definitely. As long as it's not your fault. You'll probably need a competent CSR though.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 5:29 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Apologies if I've missed this here or elsewhere in the forum, but does anyone have recent experience of doing same-aircraft turns at PTY ?

I have read some posts from a couple of years ago suggesting that you walk off the aircraft, wait for a few minutes then walk back on (assuming you have a mobile BP), but also read the sorry tale of an extended Customs grilling which led to another poster missing the return flight

I have a UK passport and would be travelling with just a carry-on.

Thanks in advance for your help
Old Oct 3, 2016, 9:08 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Fitch
Apologies if I've missed this here or elsewhere in the forum, but does anyone have recent experience of doing same-aircraft turns at PTY ?

I have read some posts from a couple of years ago suggesting that you walk off the aircraft, wait for a few minutes then walk back on (assuming you have a mobile BP), but also read the sorry tale of an extended Customs grilling which led to another poster missing the return flight

I have a UK passport and would be travelling with just a carry-on.

Thanks in advance for your help
The other PTY thread has exactly what you're looking for I think and it's a bit more active for experiences and Q&A's.

Originally Posted by wanderlust4life
You can get your boarding pass for your return flight from PTY-MIA before you leave MIA for PTY. You don’t have to leave the terminal, all the gates are post-security. You will have to re-clear additional security at the gate however.

It’s quite easy. Get off the jet bridge. Stop. Turn left. Walk 15 steps. You’re at your departure gate. No customs/no immigration.

It shouldn't be a problem at all to get that return boarding pass since its well within 24 hours and it will indeed show DOCS OK printed on it assuming your good to go on the outbound anyway.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 7:56 pm

Why there are STILL two threads on this, I have no idea!
Old Oct 4, 2016, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Global321
Why there are STILL two threads on this, I have no idea!
Did you try reporting it to a moderator?

Although they often pretend to be, many of them are not omniscient.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by Calchas
Did you try reporting it to a moderator?

Although they often pretend to be, many of them are not omniscient.
Yes. Of course. Twice.

No response.

Not that I really care too much, but, I think people get lost as to whether to post here or the bigger one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.