FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (Business) AA: LAX-MIA-PTY (Panama City) $723 RT
Old Oct 3, 2016, 9:08 am
rustykettel

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Fitch
Apologies if I've missed this here or elsewhere in the forum, but does anyone have recent experience of doing same-aircraft turns at PTY ?

I have read some posts from a couple of years ago suggesting that you walk off the aircraft, wait for a few minutes then walk back on (assuming you have a mobile BP), but also read the sorry tale of an extended Customs grilling which led to another poster missing the return flight

I have a UK passport and would be travelling with just a carry-on.

Thanks in advance for your help
The other PTY thread has exactly what you're looking for I think and it's a bit more active for experiences and Q&A's.

Originally Posted by wanderlust4life
You can get your boarding pass for your return flight from PTY-MIA before you leave MIA for PTY. You don’t have to leave the terminal, all the gates are post-security. You will have to re-clear additional security at the gate however.

It’s quite easy. Get off the jet bridge. Stop. Turn left. Walk 15 steps. You’re at your departure gate. No customs/no immigration.

It shouldn't be a problem at all to get that return boarding pass since its well within 24 hours and it will indeed show DOCS OK printed on it assuming your good to go on the outbound anyway.