Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

(Business) AA: LAX-MIA-PTY (Panama City) $723 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Business) AA: LAX-MIA-PTY (Panama City) $723 RT

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2015, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by xxthirtytwoxx
Hey Everyone! First post and first MR after reading FT for a little bit now.

LAX-JFK-MIA-PTY RT in January. Currently Plat and no way I'm getting EXP this year so buckling down to make it happen in 2016.

Was able to get lie flat LAX-JFK on 32B, JFK-MIA on 763, MIA-JFK on 772 and again on 32B JFK-LAX - all for $807! I think that works out to ~3.5 cpm.

Needless to say I'm excited.

Thanks for the inspiration!
Nice! How did you manage to get JFK into the itinerary? When I do a LAX/PTY search, I only see MIA and DFW as the stopovers.

Also, how many miles does the LAX-JFK-MIA-PTY itinerary earn?
Old Nov 5, 2015, 3:46 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, former AA EXP, AS Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by ChicagoDave

(on LAX-MIA-PTY).... Business class earns 2 EQP per mile, so you'll only need 8.5k miles in paid business class which requires less time in the air. This thread about LAX-PTY in business is great for a trip to PTY or a quick turn and the EQP. If you do this, I'd recommend routing through JFK to get the A321T which has lie flat business class seats.
Just to clarify, as I usually have made elite status on EQM rather than EQP -- does flying business LAX-MIA-PTY gain any additional EQM over flying economy?

I understand it gives 2x EQP and 1.5x RDM... not sure on the EQM?
Old Nov 5, 2015, 4:01 pm

What are the dates?
Old Nov 5, 2015, 5:09 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Just about an hour ago, SFO-PTY was pricing at $524pp. ^
Old Nov 5, 2015, 5:39 pm

Arch. Too bad AA doesn't fly San Diego to Chicago otherwise I would have jumped on that.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Dead, but I booked SFO-LAX-JFK-MIA-PTY-MIA-JFK-SFO for 499. Mostly lie flat...
Old Nov 5, 2015, 8:17 pm

Programs: EMT-P
Originally Posted by no2chem
What makes you say dead?

That is not true. Dates available through at least April at less than what you paid.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by work2fly
Just about an hour ago, SFO-PTY was pricing at $524pp. ^

what dates?
Old Nov 5, 2015, 8:28 pm

Programs: EMT-P
Originally Posted by fly_boy
what dates?
Here is one quick example. 1 night in NY, 1 in PTY. There are other choices but this is what I found from my phone.

http://goo.gl/flights/Us10

Here is how to find dates: search Google Flights for SFO-PTY using round trip. When you see a date with a price you like, switch to multi-city and put in SFO-LAX, LAX-JFK, JFK-PTY and the reverse. Play around with dates, etc until you find what you want. Best of luck!

And remember, it's not dead until FT shows it as (Fare Gone). :-)

Last edited by medichill; Nov 5, 2015 at 8:35 pm
Old Nov 5, 2015, 9:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist; Aeroplan 35k; Alaska MVP Gold; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
SFO-JFK-MIA-PTY RT Biz for $789

Thanks for the heads up. Very pleased with what I just purchased for $789.

Fri. 1/29 3pm-11:23pm SFO-JFK (lie-flat)

Sat. 1/30 8:05am-11:25am JFK-MIA (lie-flat)

Sat. 1/30 12:25pm-3:24pm MIA-PTY

Sun. 1/31 7am-10:03am PTY-MIA

Sun. 1/31 12:50pm-3:36pm MIA-JFK (lie-flat)

Sun. 1/31 9:50pm-1:27am JFK-SFO (lie-flat)

Thanks FT!
Old Nov 6, 2015, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by medichill
Here is one quick example. 1 night in NY, 1 in PTY. There are other choices but this is what I found from my phone.

Here is how to find dates: search Google Flights for SFO-PTY using round trip. When you see a date with a price you like, switch to multi-city and put in SFO-LAX, LAX-JFK, JFK-PTY and the reverse. Play around with dates, etc until you find what you want. Best of luck!

Sadly that doesn't include lie flat seats except for on one leg.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 12:40 am

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by medichill

Sorry, it is dead at least for the time being. The itin you give is in economy. In business it is showing 875 now and there aren't really any lie flats in your selection. There are many deals on FT which don't show Fare Gone and are dead.

Also, I booked it for December.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 12:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist; Aeroplan 35k; Alaska MVP Gold; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Certainly I'd have loved to book this at sub-$600, but given that I've been paying $1200 regularly for SFO-JFK-SFO first class the last few months, getting SFO-JFK-MIA-PTY for $800 in all lie-flat except for the MIA-PTY legs feels like a steal.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, it is dead at least for the time being. The itin you give is in economy. In business it is showing 875 now and there aren't really any lie flats in your selection. There are many deals on FT which don't show Fare Gone and are dead.
So looking at the history of AA fare NLX53GQ1/LAUP on LAXPTY, it suggests if anything the fare has got better.

At 18:22 04 NOV 2015 (GMT) the fare price was dropped to 536 USD (from 615 USD). The fare had not been modified since 12 October. [This price excludes taxes, fees and surcharges.]

At 18:25 05 NOV 2015 the fare was refiled again at 536 USD, not sure what the change was yesterday.

It seems priceable to me at 536 USD + tax so maybe the problem is a lack of N availability on one of your sectors. Might be best to inspect the sectors individually to find out what's going on.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
So looking at the history of AA fare NLX53GQ1/LAUP on LAXPTY, it suggests if anything the fare has got better.

At 18:22 04 NOV 2015 (GMT) the fare price was dropped to 536 USD (from 615 USD). The fare had not been modified since 12 October. [This price excludes taxes, fees and surcharges.]

At 18:25 05 NOV 2015 the fare was refiled again at 536 USD, not sure what the change was yesterday.

It seems priceable to me at 536 USD + tax so maybe the problem is a lack of N availability on one of your sectors. Might be best to inspect the sectors individually to find out what's going on.
Again, the fare I booked is significantly different than the fare everyone else is looking at. It was 375.00 USD before taxes, fees and surcharges. 536USD + tax is significantly more than $499ai, 536 tax is closer to the 799 fare everyone else is looking at. So I'd say the fare definitely has NOT got better.

In fact, looking up the fare on the ticket, it was SLE73AZ1/LAUP, NLE53AZ1/LAUP.

Last edited by no2chem; Nov 6, 2015 at 8:28 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.