Community
Wiki Posts
Search

xONEx online tool bugs thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:22 pm

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by radarskiy
I have an ex-SFO DONE5 I've been trying to get the online tool to let me pay for all week. Initially I was only getting 15012 errors. On Wednesday I called the AA ATW desk and the agent ran through my entire itinerary to check that there was actual D inventory. She suggested one changes and said that would make it though, except it didn't.

Since that time I not only continue to get 15012 errors, but also 9015 and 5685-2201 errors. At one point I was able to flip pretty reliably between 15012 and 9015 by changing my first segment from JL1 to AA5815 (AA codeshare number for same JL operated flight).

I've eliminated all codeshares since some comments upthread and elsewhere seem to correlate that with failures, and I've eliminated all LAN flights due to problems discussed earlier in the fall on the AA forum which I don't know are relevant since that discussion was about award booking.

The tool said the itinerary is validated and every segment has availability every time (including the segment that the AA ATW agent said did not have availability: LA601).
Is the first flight operated by S7, RJ or JL? They are ticketed by AA when booked via the tool and have been causing problems for some time.
When AA is the ticketing carrier, but doesn't operate the first flight (either due to codeshare or S7, RJ or JL sending to AA to ticket) the tool has failed during the booking stage.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 2:25 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
I have an ex-SFO DONE5 ...
Originally Posted by Himeno
Is the first flight operated by S7, RJ or JL?
???

cheers,

Henry
Old Nov 24, 2012, 3:58 am

Programs: AA PLT
Is the first flight operated by S7, RJ or JL? They are ticketed by AA when booked via the tool and have been causing problems for some time.
When AA is the ticketing carrier, but doesn't operate the first flight (either due to codeshare or S7, RJ or JL sending to AA to ticket) the tool has failed during the booking stage.
As I mentioned, the first flight is JL1, so it does invoke the condition where AA tickets but does not operate.

However, as a followup I have now gotten all the way through with some further modification. I was originally traveling ZRH to LIM via MAD, either IB/IB or IB/LA, but with a change in the connection to JFK (AA/LA) and no other modifications it went through.

The first segment is still JL1, so that is not a sufficient condition to cause the booking stage to fail.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 5:13 am

The first segment is still JL1, so that is not a sufficient condition to cause the booking stage to fail.
At what point does it fail?

Unless it has been fixed in the last few months, this bug allows the booking to go through the entire process before failing on the last page (credit card details) of the booking.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 4:00 pm

At what point does it fail?

Unless it has been fixed in the last few months, this bug allows the booking to go through the entire process before failing on the last page (credit card details) of the booking.

All failures were at the last stage when I put in credit card info and pressed "Confirm fare", just as you describe.

Now that has succeeded, even with a JL flight as the first segment. I have a record locator and the reservation is listed as "Ticketed" status on aa.com.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 7:02 pm

Programs: QF Lifetime Gold + more
Question Problems booking AONE5 - flight options missing

Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere. Currently planning an AONE5 ex JNB using the Oneworld online planner and I've noticed that several flights aren't appearing when I use the planner that I can see when booking via the airline's website directly.

Namely, I've noticed:

1. JL006 from Tokyo to JFK does not show up (although AA flights do)
2. AA flights from JFK to Montreal do not appear to show as an option in the planner at all, but do on AA.com

I've tried different dates well within the 330 day time period with no luck.

Any thoughts? Can I still book these flights if I call AA and make a reservation over the phone?

Many thanks,
PC
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:23 pm

I have a record locator and the reservation is listed as "Ticketed" status on aa.com.
And today I learned the difference between ticketed and "ticketed".

The oneworld tool booked the itinerary, but no one was able to really ticket it. AA ticketing said that JL had to ticket it; JL said they didn't own the itinerary so couldn't ticket the whole thing; AA Around-The-World desk said it was controlled by Qantas(!).

Eventually, the AA Around-The-World desk created a whole new booking with the same segments, (replacing with any AA codeshares) and waived the over-the-phone booking fee. The reservation is current listed as "On Request".

So while technically the online tool did what it is claimed to do (create a booking), practically it still has the problem that Himeno pointed out to me that you can't actually get the itinerary that starts with JL.

BTW, when AA Quality Control called me to says that AA ticketing wouldn't ticket the itinerary that started wtih JL, she explicitly said that they only ticket for RJ and S7.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 2:38 am

The oneworld tool booked the itinerary, but no one was able to really ticket it. AA ticketing said that JL had to ticket it; JL said they didn't own the itinerary so couldn't ticket the whole thing; AA Around-The-World desk said it was controlled by Qantas(!).
JL has never ticketed bookings made by the online tool. When the tool first because available, QF handled the ticketing for JL for bookings made online. When the JL-AA ATI started, AA took over the ticketing for those bookings.

BTW, when AA Quality Control called me to says that AA ticketing wouldn't ticket the itinerary that started wtih JL, she explicitly said that they only ticket for RJ and S7.
That's odd. Oneworld says otherwise. Might need to query them on that...
Old Dec 29, 2012, 3:12 pm
SP0

Adding second stopover sends price crazy - what am I doing wrong?

I used to do lots of these but it's been a while...

Trying to get a DONE4 CPH-LHR-LAX-SYD-LHR-CPH (there will be other stops, but I have simplified it for now) with a stopover in each.

The oneworld tool validates the itinerary but quotes a crazy price. Removing the second LHR stop dramatically reduces the fare. I tried again with FRA instead of CPH and the same thing happened (EUR 14405 vs EUR 7261).

I am staring at "Maximum two stopovers permitted in the continent of origin of which a maximum of one stopover is permitted in each direction in the country of origin." wondering why this doesn't allow me two stopovers in London.

I vaguely remember there was some special difference between AONEx and DONEx where an additional London stopover cost Ł200 for one but not the other ... but can't find that in the rules.

What have I got wrong? Thanks.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 5:59 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Sounds like yet another bug in the online tool

There have been reports that on tickets originating in the Middle East that starting in one country (eg Egypt) and ending in another (eg Oman) resulted in the tool doubling the base price

It looks like this is happening for your itinerary also
- have just verified this using the tool:
- having two London stopovers, the tool shows a base price of 91,610DKK
- changing either stopover to a transit and the base drops to the correct price of 45,805DKK
and I think your memory is faulty with regard to the "special difference" between AONE and DONE for London stopovers - I have copies of the xONEx fare rules going back to 2008 and there was never anything in the rules concerning this.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
ORD-FCO AA op flight forces to IB4226

The oneworld planner (trying to put together a RTW itin) does not allow AA flight #. It shows only IB4226 (op by AA). When being forced to use IB#, then the tools comes back with "Please change this flight segment to the AA flight number in order to allow on-line booking".

Did anyone come across this? How did you resolve it.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by allset2travel
The oneworld planner (trying to put together a RTW itin) does not allow AA flight #. It shows only IB4226 (op by AA).
In this case, the required booking class on the AA code is likely unavailable while that same class on the IB code is available.
When being forced to use IB#, then the tools comes back with "Please change this flight segment to the AA flight number in order to allow on-line booking".
It depends on the requirements of the codeshare. Many types of codeshare require that you be connecting to other flight coded by the same airline. eg, I can't use an AA coded JL flight ICN-NRT unless I am connecting to an AA coded US bound flight.

What is your travel plan? There may be other options available if the AA code isn't useable for that flight.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 8:33 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
To the moderator,
moving this thread to online booking tool bug thread ?

I have simllar problem about ex-JNB DONE4 online booking a few days ago.

A simple itin such as JNB-HKG-YYZ-LHR-JNB quotes 48040 ZAR base fare.
However adding some side trip (not sure, which part caused this),
such as JNB-HKG-HND-SIN-HND-HKG-YYZ-LHR-DXB-LHR-JNB quotes
96080 ZAR base fare.

I am afraid of ex-JNB fare rising (just a speculation),
so made a booking of a simple itin, and am going to change that with a fee.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 8:58 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
To the moderator,
moving this thread to online booking tool bug thread ?
Done.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 9:06 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
In this case, the required booking class on the AA code is likely unavailable while that same class on the IB code is available. It depends on the requirements of the codeshare. Many types of codeshare require that you be connecting to other flight coded by the same airline. eg, I can't use an AA coded JL flight ICN-NRT unless I am connecting to an AA coded US bound flight.

What is your travel plan? There may be other options available if the AA code isn't useable for that flight.
Thanks.
My bold.
Simply trying to use the tools to plan a RTW. Within the 16 segment itin, I want to fly AA on LAX-ORD-FCO. The ORD-FCO segment has NO AA flight shown but IB codeshare (on that only AA metal) is shown. So I click it, then it comes back with a suggestion that I must use AA). So I end up not being able to complete my RTW itin online. Try it on several different dates to no avail. Might have to call AA RTW desk.
If this was a bug, they should fix it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.