xONEx online tool bugs thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2012, 5:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pandaperth
and the latest bug is...

the tool does not show any AA flights YUL-JFK
it does show the codeshare that LA has one of the daily AA-metal flights
but if you choose that, the tool displays an message saying you have to choose an AA flight!
(this is on an ex-KRT itinerary. YMMV on other points of origin)
I noted a similar bug with IB flights from FCO - MAD or MXP - MAD when booking ex-KRT in First. When booking ex-KRT in Business the expected IB flights appear. Is your ex-KRT itinerary not showing the AA YUL - JFK flights in First or Business? Try the other to see if you can now book the AA flights. If so I would hope that OneWorld support would be able to identify (and hopefully address) the issue.....
Old Oct 14, 2012, 8:52 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by jbalmuth
I noted a similar bug with IB flights from FCO - MAD or MXP - MAD when booking ex-KRT in First. When booking ex-KRT in Business the expected IB flights appear. Is your ex-KRT itinerary not showing the AA YUL - JFK flights in First or Business? Try the other to see if you can now book the AA flights. If so I would hope that OneWorld support would be able to identify (and hopefully address) the issue.....
I'm working on ex-KRT DONE4s
According to KVS, the AA YUL-JFK flights on the dates I'm looking at all have plenty of D (and L) availability
I will test a LONE4 and see if the flights appear in the tool

Edited to add
Tried it as a LONE4 itinerary - still had the same problem regarding AA flights not showing for YUL-JFK

Last edited by pandaperth; Oct 16, 2012 at 12:25 am
Old Oct 16, 2012, 4:52 am

Just an FYI...

Tried to book our ex-KRT DONE4 tickets using the tool
Got right through to pressing "Confirm Trip" after entering my c/c details
Next screen gave the message
The fare for the flights you have selected is no longer available.
Please contact American Airlines Reservations, the first carrier in
your Round-the-World itinerary, for assistance with making a new
booking.
oneworld and American Airlines apologises for any inconvenience this
may have caused. (15012)
Old Oct 17, 2012, 4:42 pm

ime that "fare for the flights you have selected is no longer available" message comes and goes pretty randomly.

I assert that because I've made 3 separate ex-KRT ticket "purchases" in the past week. Each has progressed from ""Ticketed" to "Purchased" to "On request" on aa.com (where after a few days I've subsequently clicked "cancel itinerary" and the itinerary eventually disappears). None of these "Ticketed" itineraries have resulted in any charges to my credit card(s).

[I haven't yet called AA's RTW desk to set-up alternative ticketing, as I'm currently still happy to play with/improve on the itinerary. I'm also attempting to diagnose what may be causing the automatic ticketing function to fail to stick. (At the moment my primary suspect remains RJ ex-AMM westbound flights connecting from the KRT - AMM flight, but the only alternative westbound flight is BA's 03:15 am departure, which besides wrecking another night's sleep also adds a very large slug of avoidable surcharges...).]

Hope that you succeed on your next attempt!
Old Oct 21, 2012, 9:44 am

Error 7820 While booking a Round-The_world Itinerary

Hi Everyone,

I am having a hard time in booking a round the world itinerary with the Oneworld explorer website (http://rtw.oneworld.com/). The systems validates all my segments, says I am ready for booking, but when I am trying to book tickets (before payment), the following error occurs: The following error(s) occured
Error message (7820) not found for Language Code 'GB'
"No fare can be found for the flights and/or cabins you selected. Please search again and select another cabin and/or different flights. (5685 - 2201)"

I tried many times, changed my flights, but I cannot fix it. There is no way to directly contact someone in OneWorld (which is quite annoying), and I tried to contact airlines of OneWorld but they don't know what is going wrong, have no contact with OneWorld, and the only thing AA can do for me is making a phone booking for 100 USD...

Did someone encountered similar issue ? Do you know any workaround here ? Any help would be strongly appreciated !!

Thanks !!

Julien
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:14 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by Julienfavier
Hi Everyone,

I am having a hard time in booking a round the world itinerary with the Oneworld explorer website (http://rtw.oneworld.com/). The systems validates all my segments, says I am ready for booking, but when I am trying to book tickets (before payment), the following error occurs: The following error(s) occured
"No fare can be found for the flights and/or cabins you selected. Please search again and select another cabin and/or different flights. (5685 - 2201)"

I tried many times, changed my flights, but I cannot fix it. There is no way to directly contact someone in OneWorld (which is quite annoying), and I tried to contact airlines of OneWorld but they don't know what is going wrong, have no contact with OneWorld, and the only thing AA can do for me is making a phone booking for 100 USD...

Did someone encountered similar issue ? Do you know any workaround here ? Any help would be strongly appreciated !!

Thanks !!

Julien
Welcome to FT, Julien. I have merged your thread with the existing topic covering issues with the online tool.

Gardyloo
Oneworld moderator
Old Oct 23, 2012, 1:45 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Have I encountered a bug in the tool or am I missing something in the rules?

I am working up a DONE4 ex-AMM for next year. The tool is completely satisfied with my itinerary and 'Book Now' yields a fare of US$7211 (+ 1243 tax), which is consistent with the JOD 5100 price quoted in various sources.

(I haven't actually tried to enter passenger and credit card info this time because I have met that bug in the past and expect to book this through a Canadian TA.)

Now, I understand the 'you must start and end in the same country' rule, but I also see that one of the exceptions to this rule is when both start and end are 'within the Middle East'. However, when I change only the end-point of my trip from AMM to MCT, something funny happens. The tool is still happy with the routing but 'Book Now' reports a fare of US$8463 (+ 1456 tax). I can understand that the taxes might be different (i.e., more); OK. But in this case it looks like the base fare being quoted is now the ex-Oman price, rather than the ex-Jordan price. But the trip still starts in Jordan!

So ... back to the question with which I began. Any insights appreciated.

cheers,

Henry
Old Oct 23, 2012, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by henry999
However, when I change only the end-point of my trip from AMM to MCT, something funny happens.
To understand this bug a little better, might you be able to change the endpoint to be Cairo instead, to see what impact that has?
Old Oct 23, 2012, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by jbalmuth
To understand this bug a little better, might you be able to change the endpoint to be Cairo instead, to see what impact that has?
Good suggestion. Changing the endpoint to CAI brings the base fare back to US$7211 i.e., the ex-Jordan price -- not the substantially lower ex-Egypt rate!

cheers,

Henry
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:40 am

This same bug was noted earlier in the ex-KRT fare thread. To my knowledge no-one has diagnosed its cause.

It'd be nice if a OneWorld liaison could take a look at these bugs and prioritise them to be fixed.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:56 am

Programs: AA PLAT
I cant get it priced up online even removing intra US segments

Have been trying to price up a DONE4 for serveral days. As suggested removed inter US segments. Now get a different error as follows:

The following error(s) occured
An error has occurred in our central database. Please contact us for further information. (4002 [141])
Old Nov 11, 2012, 3:17 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Julienfavier
Hi Everyone,

Thanks !!

Julien
Hi Julien,

I got this error today when I plugged in a routing I wanted. I think the trick here is to play with the routing and 'dumb it down'. I found on my routing if I took out some sectors that backtracked through LHR the tool would price up the itinerary without any error.
I think the sage advice from this board is that if you encounter any errors like this book the route that works and then stump up the 125USD change fee once ticketed to get it the way you want.

What was the routing you wanted to book?
Old Nov 11, 2012, 5:34 am

The tool appears not to correctly handle the highlighted rule
4(e) Only one intercontinental departure and one intercontinental arrival permitted in each continent except as follows:
1. Two permitted in North America when one is a transfer without stopover.
2. Two permitted in Asia when one is a transfer without stopover or on direct single plane service between the Southwest Pacific and Europe.
3. For travel to/from or via Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya and Uganda two permitted in Europe when one is a transfer without stopover between Ghana/Nigeria/Kenya/Uganda and another continent.
I was trying an itinerary CPT-LHR...HKG-xLHR-NBO (with a 4hr transit in LHR between HKG and NBO)
and the tool gives me the message
You can have only one intercontinental departure and arrival in each continent. Change your route or your flight choice.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 6:02 am

I amended the ex-AMM DONE4 I've been planning, changing it to CAI-...-CAI. The first flight is RJ to AMM so the online tool still sends it to aa.amadeus for pricing. Price is quoted as US$7904, which looks right for the $6700 ex-Egypt fare plus taxes & fees. However -- and here's why I'm posting this, another data point -- when I give my personal details and credit card info, it fails at the very last step (as with the ex-KRT and ex-AMM itineraries reported by others in this thread).

The error message is as follows:

> An error occurred during creation of your booking. Please
> contact your Travel Assistance Desk to check if the booking
> was successful and to obtain further assistance. (9015)

I have not yet called AA RTW about this but it is now over three hours since I tried it and there is still no charge, hold or authorization for any amount on my VISA account, so I'm guessing the booking was not successful.

cheers,

Henry
Old Nov 23, 2012, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA PLT
I have an ex-SFO DONE5 I've been trying to get the online tool to let me pay for all week. Initially I was only getting 15012 errors. On Wednesday I called the AA ATW desk and the agent ran through my entire itinerary to check that there was actual D inventory. She suggested one changes and said that would make it though, except it didn't.

Since that time I not only continue to get 15012 errors, but also 9015 and 5685-2201 errors. At one point I was able to flip pretty reliably between 15012 and 9015 by changing my first segment from JL1 to AA5815 (AA codeshare number for same JL operated flight).

I've eliminated all codeshares since some comments upthread and elsewhere seem to correlate that with failures, and I've eliminated all LAN flights due to problems discussed earlier in the fall on the AA forum which I don't know are relevant since that discussion was about award booking.

The tool said the itinerary is validated and every segment has availability every time (including the segment that the AA ATW agent said did not have availability: LA601).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.