Search

xONEx online tool bugs thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2009, 2:09 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
Originally Posted by col747uk
Seems the booking tool is having problems. It reviews my itinerary & says its valid then when it trys to book it it says none of the sectors are available when I know from ExpertFlyer they are!

Not had this problem before.
Expert Flyer availability is not necessarily definitive. Airlines apply restrictions by point of sale, married segment logic, sub booking class limits (eg while there may be D available they may limit to 2 RTW fares on a certain flight - if they've already been used then no availability for you), etc. In most cases it should be reasonable match though.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Minor bug:
When I have two cities as O/D that require a connection, and when I click on "Show Details" for the selected flights, it shows mini-tabs for "Summary", "Leg 1" and "Leg 2". The error is that "Flight Duration" for Leg 1 is always "00h 00m" and the duration for Leg 2 is the total travel time.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 12:47 am
SLF

Programs: Various
I'm trying to book 2 adults+2 children, and get the following at the top of the traveller details page. No idea how I'm supposed to fix this, what it really means, or which flights it applies to! Oddly, the pricing at the bottom does show the expected difference for the child fares
The following warning(s) occured

* For the standard fare, we could not find fares for the following passenger types, so the system has chosen the next best fare option. (7058 - 2100)
o Child (2-11)
On the traveller details page, there is a check-box to let it remember the passenger details, however it only seems to remember pax #1's detail, meaning the others have to be re-entered.

After re-entering the details, I then get:
The following error(s) occured

* We are not able to confirm your selected flights. Please resubmit your request. (15079)
This has sort of been a spur of the moment thing...I have been too busy to think much about taking advantage of the sale, but it looks like I'll miss out. Oh well.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 1:02 am
SLF

"Help"

If I click the Help link in the top right corner of the Plan&Book tool, I get a 404 error page

http://www.oneworld.com/ow/404?nf=%2...y-planner-help
Old Apr 9, 2009, 5:49 am

Programs: bits of shiny plastic w/ varied utility
not really a bug

Ok, this is really a bug, but certainly a peeve. Why doesn't the itinerary show the miles per segment? PITA to go look up the segment miles to plug into my spreadsheet!
Old Apr 10, 2009, 11:21 pm

Programs: Qantas
Is anyone else getting an error message, after hitting "book now", saying that the booking engine could not be contacted?
Old Apr 11, 2009, 4:13 am

I also have had problems.. but then I return within 15 minutes and all is well and booking can be made..
Old Apr 11, 2009, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA PLT; QFF SG
Originally Posted by SLF
After re-entering the details, I then get:

This has sort of been a spur of the moment thing...I have been too busy to think much about taking advantage of the sale, but it looks like I'll miss out. Oh well.
I get exactly the same response. I thought it might have been my payment details or something similar, but it doesn't look to be that way.

Is there any other way to get this done other than physically being present at an AA desk? My problem is that I'm trying to book ex-ICN and of course, the AA GSA doesn't take CC details over the phone...

Also - the tool appears to time out when trying to find flights on DFW-ANC/ANC-DFW on AA during summer, despite apparent availability on other sites.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 5:32 am
SLF

Welcome to FT djfuzz

It seems flights disappear from the Choose Flight list when inventory is unavailable; it would be nice to have them indicated as unavailable - otherwise you wonder where a flight is that is shown in the downloadable timetable.

With Choose Flight it would be nice to have an option to restrict the search to the airport you chose, excluding other co-terms in a city.

The tool seems constrained by how far ahead you can choose dates; it looks to be about a year but may vary by airline. With an RTW easily containing flights more than a year ahead, and the fact that no open segments are permitted; it means that you have to select wrong dates within the 12 month period and presumably phone up to move them after ticketing is done. Open segments would be useful here to fix this.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 9:54 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

My understanding is the plan option looks at schedules regardless of availability, while the plan & book option looks at schedules & availability.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 12:29 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by djfuzz
Is there any other way to get this done other than physically being present at an AA desk? My problem is that I'm trying to book ex-ICN and of course, the AA GSA doesn't take CC details over the phone...
I ticketed two DONE4s a few weeks ago, using a TA in ICN. The TA contact information was forwarded to me by other FTers who have used the same agent. PM me if you'd like them.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 8:52 pm

BA - Nightmare

I live in the US and have a US card. Booked my LONE4 ticket to start LHR (cheaper then the US). BA has put an authorization on my card THREE times and they said their system wont allow it to go through.

The good thing is they are holding my price with the 10% off, but I am concerned they wont ever get it to go through. Its not my card its their system. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Also is the 10% deal still going on? Doesnt seem the online prices have changed...whewww I'm done.
Old May 10, 2009, 5:20 pm

Booking AA code share on QF metal

Putting together another AONE4 ex AKL and getting the following error message when booking AA7349, which is a code share on QF 93:

"Due to traffic restrictions on this flight you must be booked on the operating carrier. Change this segment accordingly."
Old May 10, 2009, 5:38 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

You need to be connecting to/from an AA flight. Are you?
Old May 10, 2009, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by MWalter17
Also is the 10% deal still going on? Doesnt seem the online prices have changed...whewww I'm done.
Are you serious? Not only is the 10% sale over, but there was a major price increase around May 1, just after your post. Take another look.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.