Wiki Posts
Search

xONEx online tool bugs thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2014, 12:25 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by skunker
Oh, how do I claim my doubloon???? I have received support through the website for problems related to QR flights not being available and the inconsistency of not getting bumped up to first on the intra-GCC flights. Both were resolved; I'll take credit.
It's already in your doubloon account. Don't get greedy.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; LH FT (*A Silver); Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite; Starwood Corporate Preferred
Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
As I pointed out before [post #330]
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22433686-post330.html

if your itinerary includes QR flights as a candidate, the tool doesn't work.
Well considering I can't get LHR-DFW to give me options I am thinking it is beyond just a QR route issue...
Old Apr 5, 2014, 4:31 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Originally Posted by pye1201
I'm trying to run the following itinerary:
CAI-NRT-SYD-NOU-SYD-AKL-SYD-JFK-DFW-ANC-DFW-MEX-ORD-LHR-FCO-AMM
Not necessarily. Just enter a city between CAI and NRT on your routing such as LHR or AMM. You can take QR later on your trip, just not the first leg.
By choosing AMM the tool will balk when it tries to get AA to issue the ticket on RJ's behalf, and by flying first to LHR you'll incur BA fuel fines for the whole shebang. Then, by ending in AMM (even though the rules say you can end in another country in the Middle East) the tool is likely to give you the Jordanian base price and not the Egyptian - another known glitch.

Phone the AA desk and have them generate a price. It's free until you pay.

What airport code is FUBAR?
Old Apr 5, 2014, 8:42 pm

Programs: QFF
Is anyone else having issues with the date range available for selecting flights?
The old version of the tool allowed flight selection out ~11 months ahead. The new one is only letting me pick flights out to mid August (~4 months).
Old Apr 5, 2014, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; LH FT (*A Silver); Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite; Starwood Corporate Preferred
Originally Posted by Himeno
Is anyone else having issues with the date range available for selecting flights?
The old version of the tool allowed flight selection out ~11 months ahead. The new one is only letting me pick flights out to mid August (~4 months).
Old version? I was in the tool 10 minutes ago and I'm still able to pull a calendar up for 11 months into the future.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by AAExpDFW
Old version? I was in the tool 10 minutes ago and I'm still able to pull a calendar up for 11 months into the future.
It was only loading the calendar through August when I opened an existing booking. Starting a new one gave the full range.
Either way, it never got past the loading flights stage, so didn't load the flight selection window anyway.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 1:03 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
If you are working off a saved itinerary, or adjusting flights in the middle of an itinerary when later flights are already selected, then the tool limits the dates you can select.

Sometimes I have to delete some airports from the itinerary and re-add them to get the flight lookup to bring up all the dates possible without restriction.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 12:40 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Anybody notice there are cities with scheduled service that do not show up on the RTW tool? One is of particular interest for those willing to try booking with QR.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 8:11 pm

The flight selection is working for me again...
It still isn't showing a large amount of codeshares, which expert flyer says exist and are available.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 9:43 pm

I tried asking AA for help (since I'm trying to book AA coded flights and no one appears to have heard anything from oneworld). They seemed confused, thinking I was asking about AA site when I clearly said oneworld booking tool. All they could offer was 'contact oneworld support' (again). :/
Old Apr 11, 2014, 12:43 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
I tried asking AA for help (since I'm trying to book AA coded flights and no one appears to have heard anything from oneworld). They seemed confused, thinking I was asking about AA site when I clearly said oneworld booking tool. All they could offer was 'contact oneworld support' (again). :/
Did you call the RTW desk or the regular reservation line?
Old Apr 11, 2014, 1:54 pm

Did you call the RTW desk or the regular reservation line?
Can't. They'll try to price/ticket for US. I need a ticket priced and issued from Japan.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 2:33 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Can't. They'll try to price/ticket for US. I need a ticket priced and issued from Japan.
Not if you tell them it's for ticketing in Japan. They'll queue the PNR to Japan for the actual sale. I've done this on more than one occasion, including my fastest-ever transit of NRT. Off plane, past surgical mask-wearing immigration officer, up to ticketing level, 15 min. with giggling AA counter agents, through security and straight to the AA lounge. Badda bing.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by Gardyloo
Not if you tell them it's for ticketing in Japan. They'll queue the PNR to Japan for the actual sale. I've done this on more than one occasion, including my fastest-ever transit of NRT. Off plane, past surgical mask-wearing immigration officer, up to ticketing level, 15 min. with giggling AA counter agents, through security and straight to the AA lounge. Badda bing.
Agreed...I do the same thing. I just tell the AA Agent that I am going to ticket it with AA in Japan. Never been a problem since I start all my RTW flights in NRT.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by Gardyloo
Is there any agents in Japan who would ticket over the internet?
If not, how long would the ticket be held for before needing to be paid/issued?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.