Wiki Posts
Search

xONEx online tool bugs thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2014, 8:20 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by Himeno
Is there any agents in Japan who would ticket over the internet?
If not, how long would the ticket be held for before needing to be paid/issued?
I have no idea; AA doesn't use a GSA in Japan as they have their own offices there. Because it's such a specialty product they'd probably kick it back to the US RTW desk and wherever AA now does its pricing (RIP Dublin office). Whether you could fax a credit card image to some Japanese office... no idea. Phone the RTW desk and ask them.

As for how long they'll hold the res, I suspect only for a couple of days, maybe a week, but things have been tightening quite a lot on such things in recent years. Again, a phone/Skype call will help answer this.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; LH FT (*A Silver); Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite; Starwood Corporate Preferred
Originally Posted by Himeno
Is there any agents in Japan who would ticket over the internet?
If not, how long would the ticket be held for before needing to be paid/issued?
Just call the AA offices in Japan. They will ticket over the phone.... I do it all the time. Just call during their office hours. +81-3-3298-7677.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 5:41 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
As far as I can tell the tool doesn't display any JJ flights
Old Apr 26, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: AA Now dirt, BA Silver soon dirt EX NW IGE. EX BA Gold EX AA EXP x9. SQ Gold
Japan Phone number and book by phone

Originally Posted by AAExpDFW
Just call the AA offices in Japan. They will ticket over the phone.... I do it all the time. Just call during their office hours. +81-3-3298-7677.
WOW Thanks for the info! Good news they will ticket by phone!
Been frustrated by the new tool and lack of a booking agent in Japan.

Did you set up your itin. in advance through the AA RTW office or on line?

Cheers!
Old May 3, 2014, 1:12 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
The tool doesn't show UL flights

It's been a OW member for a whole 2 days now!!
What gives??
Old May 3, 2014, 4:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by pandaperth
The tool doesn't show UL flights

It's been a OW member for a whole 2 days now!!
What gives??
From memory didn't it take about a week for it to be updated after QR joined?
Old May 6, 2014, 5:17 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Using the online timetable tool shows services between Freeport and both Charlotte and Philadelphia. In the case of Charlotte the calendar shows the blue icon (direct services) every day (at least for this month) but when you select any of those days it says there are no flights available.

Additionally, American Eagle flies between Freeport and Miami but those flights are not shown with the tool.
Old May 6, 2014, 8:20 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by danger
Using the online timetable tool shows services between Freeport and both Charlotte and Philadelphia. In the case of Charlotte the calendar shows the blue icon (direct services) every day (at least for this month) but when you select any of those days it says there are no flights available.

Additionally, American Eagle flies between Freeport and Miami but those flights are not shown with the tool.
The tool was finding US (AA) flights and allowing them to be booked just fine last week; now it ignores them altogether it seems (have only tried 5 or 6, so assuming.)

I also can't get it to price ex-JNB with CX as the first carrier, and yesterday when trying to specify AA codes on BA flights JNB-xLHR-JFK it gave me the US price. Hello Oneworld IT consultants? Anybody home?
Old May 7, 2014, 2:36 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
I've had a number of problems with the date logic. The tool's tracking of arrival date for overnight flights and those crossing the dateline wasn't right so selecting the next flight the default was date of departure not arrival. It permitted selecting flights for the wrong day. Pricing then fails because of the error.

The tool used to correctly track this and prevent you from selecting a date earlier than the arrival date of the prior flight.
Old May 7, 2014, 6:19 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

What's the email address for oneworld to report these issues?
Old May 7, 2014, 2:08 pm

Programs: QFF
What's the email address for oneworld to report these issues?
http://faq.oneworld.com/ONEWORLD/_cs...?COID=64FA0649
Old May 10, 2014, 11:11 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Gardyloo
The tool was finding US (AA) flights and allowing them to be booked just fine last week; now it ignores them altogether it seems (have only tried 5 or 6, so assuming.)
I contacted oneworld through their website about the above and got the following quick response:

"We have had some operationalchallenges integrating all US Airways flights into the Round-the-World bookingengine. We hope to have this inconvenience addressed in the next two tothree weeks".

The grammar and typos are all theirs. It may say something about their ability to operate a functional tool.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Experflyer says D available on QF, xONEx tool says not?

As a test itinerary, I used JNB-LHR-JFK-SYD-HKG-JNB.

There exists the QF108 flight and on, say, 13 July 2014 ExpertFlyer shows the inventory as:

QF108: J9 C9 D9 I8 U0 W9 R9 T9 Z0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M6 L9 V5 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0 X0 E0

AA (QF) 7366: J7 D7 I7 Y7 B7 H7 K7 M7 V7 L7 S0 N0 Q0 O0

So it looks like we have the required D inventory for both flight codes. The xONEx tool only offers the AA7366 code but claims business class is not available so books me into L. If I tried later in the year then I can get business class, but the codeshare's inventory is still D7.

Does anyone have suggestions why this might be?
Old Jun 1, 2014, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; LH FT (*A Silver); Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite; Starwood Corporate Preferred
Originally Posted by flatlander

There exists the QF108 flight and on, say, 13 July 2014 ExpertFlyer shows the inventory as:

So it looks like we have the required D inventory for both flight codes. The xONEx tool only offers the AA7366 code but claims business class is not available so books me into L. If I tried later in the year then I can get business class, but the codeshare's inventory is still D7.

I've given up trying to understand the RTW tool. But I just tried July 13th and go AA7366 in D.

New York (JFK)

18:50 | Terminal: 7

Sydney (SYD)

07:35 (+2 days) | Terminal: 1

American Airlines

AA7366* (Operated by Qantas)
Stops: 1
Aircraft: Boeing 747-400 Passenger
Booking Class: D

I can't explain why I can't get QF. I even tried breaking it up as JFK-LAX and then LAX-SYD and only the AA flights show. I get QF for LAX-SYD but only QF12
Old Jun 1, 2014, 7:29 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
Originally Posted by flatlander

It is a common misperception that availability is standard. It is not. Airlines vary availability by all sorts of factors including fare basis (eg may be available for certain "D" fares but not others), point of sale (eg may be available for fares ex USA but not ex Australia), married segment logic (eg may be available for O&D but not with connecting flights or vice versa and may be available only for certain connecting flights and not others).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.