Another DONEx originating CPT query

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another DONEx originating CPT query

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2016, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by headinclouds
What would happen if one had a ticket issued at the old price during this fare repricing period? I would assume that if absolutely no changes were made, that would be OK. But say you fly the 1st segment, then try to make changes. Would the rules in place when ticketed apply?
I had that situation before. The rules at time of ticketing are still in place when you make changes. Also the old price (in the local currency) is still valid. If you (for example) go from a DONE4 to a DONE5 later down the path then you need to pay the difference in price between the DONE4 and DONE5 (both in Rand if the ticket starts in ZA and then converted to the currency the reissuing airline uses).

It is for example not possible to rebook to an airline who joined OW after you bought the ticket. Sometimes this is enforced, sometimes (especially with an inexperienced agent) it is not.

When you return a DONEx before the first segment then you will get the original price back (minus the fees), but this is in the original currency (like ZAR when you start in ZA). This can be significantly different from what you paid in your own currency).

If you suspect the prices will go up then it is best to just buy a xONEx up to one year before the first intercon flight (you cannot change that one, this would triggers a complete reprice), book some other dummy flights afterwards. After you finish the first part then change the remaining ticket. You cold even change the direction (as long as you did not already fly between the three main areas). Pay the change fee, the extra fee for extra continents (if any) and the recalculated taxes.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Maybe the price rise had not hit SABRE, but has on Amadeus?
Old Jun 6, 2016, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Unterwegs
I had that situation before. The rules at time of ticketing are still in place when you make changes. Also the old price (in the local currency) is still valid.....
You seem to state that once a ticket is issued and once the 1st flight is flown, no changes to the base price. I did fly on a AONEx ticket in the previous decade where my ticket was issued just before any price increase. My concern is that some airlines have changed the price, while others have not updated their fares. The airline that issues the ticket was using the wrong price to begin with.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by headinclouds
You seem to state that once a ticket is issued and once the 1st flight is flown, no changes to the base price. I did fly on a AONEx ticket in the previous decade where my ticket was issued just before any price increase. My concern is that some airlines have changed the price, while others have not updated their fares. The airline that issues the ticket was using the wrong price to begin with.
In my experience it is the ticket price and the rules of the issuing airline at the day of issue. Not sure what happens if you are charged an incorrect price.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 7:58 pm

Successful Ticketing Online Tool JBN-GRU

Using the online tool, I was able to successfully ticket 2 RTW itineraries over the past few weeks with JNB-GRU on LATAM as the first segment. And the ticketing occurred before the price increase.
I was able to set up the tickets online, enter all the information through to the end (including CC) & get a confirmation of ticketing. I subsequently received email from LATAM seeking images of an ID (my passport) & the credit card. After emailing those, each itinerary was ticketed in less than 24-hours.
DONE04 TOTAL USD 3,858.32 (ZAR 59030.00) + taxes
DONE04 TOTAL USD 4,536.78 (ZAR 67970.00)

Obviously, I am pleased as punch.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 5:50 am

JNB-GRU

Looks like base fare for DONEx ex-JNB-GRU literally just went up as well...
Old Jun 7, 2016, 5:57 am

Anyone commenced an xONEx ex-WDH before?
Old Jun 7, 2016, 6:00 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Off.Grid
Anyone commenced an xONEx ex-WDH before?
Yes, several years ago, BA-xJNB-LHR.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 6:53 am

SA Still Best DONE Origination Country???

Originally Posted by Off.Grid
Looks like base fare for DONEx ex-JNB-GRU literally just went up as well...
Yeah, I noticed that as well. Fares I ticketed no longer exist. But do we think S/A is still the cheapest place to orginate DONE's?
Old Jun 7, 2016, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by serfty
Maybe the price rise had not hit SABRE, but has on Amadeus?
I'm guessing your theory may have just been proven correct....as LATAM prices just jumped (I was only a few hours away from locking in DONE6; so close, yet so far)
Old Jun 7, 2016, 9:55 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by MiamiPrep
Yeah, I noticed that as well. Fares I ticketed no longer exist. But do we think S/A is still the cheapest place to orginate DONE's?
No. I pulled a few from EF today. For DONE4s, look at the Skeleton Coast and the pyramids. There's a sub-US$3000 outlier fare from north of Durban, only served by QR, that's probably impossible to book. Also look at the fjords.

Last edited by Gardyloo; Jun 7, 2016 at 10:02 am
Old Jun 7, 2016, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by MiamiPrep
Using the online tool, I was able to successfully ticket 2 RTW itineraries over the past few weeks with JNB-GRU on LATAM as the first segment. And the ticketing occurred before the price increase.
I was able to set up the tickets online, enter all the information through to the end (including CC) & get a confirmation of ticketing. I subsequently received email from LATAM seeking images of an ID (my passport) & the credit card. After emailing those, each itinerary was ticketed in less than 24-hours.
DONE04 TOTAL USD 3,858.32 (ZAR 59030.00) + taxes
DONE04 TOTAL USD 4,536.78 (ZAR 67970.00)

Obviously, I am pleased as punch.
Good for you. I had a skeleton itineray on hold and got an email from LATAM in Argentina. As I was reluctant to send such sensitive info thru a non-secure email, the responses stopped. Looks like I missed out.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 12:57 pm

Clever DONE Clues

Originally Posted by Gardyloo
No. I pulled a few from EF today. For DONE4s, look at the Skeleton Coast and the pyramids. There's a sub-US$3000 outlier fare from north of Durban, only served by QR, that's probably impossible to book. Also look at the fjords.
Thanks for the hints, I felt like I was on a treasure hunt. The Fjords look pricey to me.

As an aside, when are we going to start speculating on how AAdvantage changes apply to RTW tickets? Hmmmm???
Old Jun 7, 2016, 4:04 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by Gardyloo
I was coming here to post about north of Durban!

I know a different starting place that would blow your mind if you saw the prices. Unfortunately no carrier flies there currently, so it is pointless. It's fun to watch it keep dropping though.

Last edited by skunker; Jun 7, 2016 at 5:49 pm Reason: clarify
Old Jun 7, 2016, 5:15 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by skunker
Unfortunately no carrier flies there currently, so it is pointless. It's fun to watch it keep dropping though.
QR does 3x/week and even shows up and can be validated on the OW tool. The tool hangs at pricing, however.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.