Reload this Page >

Another DONEx originating CPT query

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another DONEx originating CPT query

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2016, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; LH FT (*A Silver); Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite; Starwood Corporate Preferred
Originally Posted by anabolism
Thanks very much for the detailed and easy to understand explanation! ^

I've not tried this, but from what agents have told me, I would think it would be fine. It doesn't matter if there is an earlier flight, provided the flight you want is available as an AA code and the connection is under 24 hours. Although I have run into problems booking an AA code on an overnight connection that was well under 24 hours, your posts suggests you want a same-day 12-hour connection.
I'll probably try it and post back what the agent says...
Old Feb 23, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Originally Posted by brahms77
Another quick update re: ticketing times for reservations bookable via the online tool. I was able to generate PNR and enter credit card details using the online tool on Tuesday afternoon this week and ticketing was delegated to CX as the first segment is with them. Just today, about 48 hours after the PNR was generate, I received an e-ticket from CX. ^

My first flight is next Friday so that may have prioritized this PNR for ticketing, but I am happy to report that itineraries bookable via the online tool will be ticketed relatively quickly. ^

I think the main issue with the online tool may be with QR flights that are departing and returning to South Africa. When I removed these flights and substituted with IB or BA or CX, I was able to get to the payment page even with some QR flights in the reservation (e.g. QR flights to and from N.America, Europe, etc.). Hope this information helps to those who are in need of a xONEx ticket out of S.Africa, but having difficulties dealing with local TAs, etc. Good luck!
Report back from post #120: I attempted to book a DONE5 ex-JNB with the online tool following suggestions from brahms77 successful experience. Only thing, my first flight was with IB and last flight with CX, which I sense is the opposite of brahms77 itinerary. I was able to get to the credit card page, but the tool would not accept two of my credit cards. I had previously contacted both credit cards to inform about the large purchase, so that should not have been the problem. I am not sure why, but there was no way to get it to verify the credit card info and process the booking. I contacted CX in JNB via email, asked if they would make the booking for me. They replied promptly, suggesting to contact IB as it is the carrier for the first flight. And I am now waiting to hear back from IB, although I have little hope based on the various phone calls I made and the different numbers and emails I was given to book a xONEx with them. It appears they do not have a proper option to make these bookings. I will keep trying with IB, but might have to reconsider and see whether I can manage to swap direction and start the itinerary with CX, a bit difficult for me as I am interlocking the end of a DONE3 ending in Asia. Will report back if I am successful at getting IB to book the DONE 5.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 12:39 am

Any update re: AA ticketing?

Has anyone been able to successfully ticket an ex-SA xONEx with AA? Mindpearl definitely seems to be sticking to the new CC rule. I've got an itin ready to ticket.

BA seems willing to ticket, but I'd much rather do it with AA. BA seems not so competent on RTWs -- they're not even able to confirm availability on a BA flight that clearly shows D9 on EF (AA had no problem getting me a seat).
Old Feb 24, 2016, 7:49 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by mattjp
Has anyone been able to successfully ticket an ex-SA xONEx with AA? Mindpearl definitely seems to be sticking to the new CC rule. I've got an itin ready to ticket.

BA seems willing to ticket, but I'd much rather do it with AA. BA seems not so competent on RTWs -- they're not even able to confirm availability on a BA flight that clearly shows D9 on EF (AA had no problem getting me a seat).
Have you asked Mindpearl if they would accept a wire transfer?
Old Feb 24, 2016, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Gardyloo
Have you asked Mindpearl if they would accept a wire transfer?
I did; they said they could only take CC.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by mattjp
I did; they said they could only take CC.
They pressing for that South African billing address?
Old Feb 25, 2016, 11:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; LH FT (*A Silver); Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite; Starwood Corporate Preferred
Originally Posted by Viajero Millero
They pressing for that South African billing address?
Yes, it is required.

The tariff group is now putting a code directly in the fare quote dictating need for an SA address. It doesn't "prevent" ticketing but all of the agents are abiding by the rule. In talking with a couple of the more senior folks on the RTW desk even they appear to have been actively schooled/updated/directed on the SA ticketing rules.

Based on this, I highly doubt (at least until the Rand is a little less volatile) that we are going to get around this...
Old Feb 25, 2016, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by AAExpDFW
I'll probably try it and post back what the agent says...
Sorry everyone...just FYI. When I tried to book the AA codeshare was D0 so I had to book the BA prime flight

I will try again another time.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 7:55 am

With all the issues related to Mindperl, can an itinerary be put on hold for 3-5 days, then paid for at the JNB/CPT airport ticket counter? I can't see how the airline can refuse to issue the ticket at the ZAR rate in this case regardless of the billing address.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by headinclouds
With all the issues related to Mindperl, can an itinerary be put on hold for 3-5 days, then paid for at the JNB/CPT airport ticket counter? I can't see how the airline can refuse to issue the ticket at the ZAR rate in this case regardless of the billing address.
They definitely can. I'm not sure they would or should...
Old Feb 26, 2016, 10:49 am

Programs: AA-EXP, LATAM Gold+, BA-Blues
Originally Posted by headinclouds
Only if the Fare Quote is with BA or QR - since those are the only two OneWorld carriers with physical presence at CPT.

If with the former, it can anyway be done using the online tool; if with the latter, well, good luck.

From JNB, there are a few more options: CX/QF for now, and eventually IB/JJ
Old Feb 27, 2016, 6:18 am

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by checkerboard
Only if the Fare Quote is with BA or QR - since those are the only two OneWorld carriers with physical presence at CPT.

If with the former, it can anyway be done using the online tool; if with the latter, well, good luck.

From JNB, there are a few more options: CX/QF for now, and eventually IB/JJ
And in case anyone was wondering: no you can't go into the Mindperl office and pay. I've tried it. Others have tried it. Couldn't get anywhere near it (beyond being in the same building). It's not customer facing.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 1:03 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Just a data point for an AONE5 ex CPT I tried to pay for through the BA GGL but they declined telling me I must call the BA bookings line in South Africa. That is what I will be doing in the morning.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat (2MM), Marriott LT Titanium
One more note; I had posted a bunch about getting a DONE4 booked with BA since AA/Mindpearl stopped allowing it with credit cards from US. I was able to get it booked am in the middle of the trip now; I needed to make a small change to an AA flight so I called AA RTW and had them make the change and re-ticket on AA stock... so for those of us that prefer dealing with AA seems you can get it booked with another airline and then have AA take it over and re-ticket.

I am not sure if this requires that 1 or more segments to be flown or not, but this is likely my plan for future XONEs.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 5:52 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
<RANT>

The online booking tool is unbelievably cluncky at the moment. it frequently hangs at the stage where you are asked to give the names of the travellers and produces a 404 error - or it hangs between booking the flights and pricing them. it is driving me mad and I am not looking forward to doing all this manually on a call to the [pretending to be] South African call centre.

</RANT>

Last edited by hsmall; Mar 2, 2016 at 6:24 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.