Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another DONEx originating CPT query

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2016, 5:49 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by Gardyloo
QR does 3x/week and even shows up and can be validated on the OW tool. The tool hangs at pricing, however.
That's not the place I'm talking about. The place I'm talking about has plenty of planes overhead but none of them land. I edited my last post.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 9:46 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Frankly my dear, I don't give a...?

Old Jun 11, 2016, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, LATAM Gold+, BA-Blues
So now that the dust has settled a bit, what are the new base-fares for South Africa originating xONEx tickets? Were all three classes affected by the change, or just the DONEx fares?
Old Jun 11, 2016, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EXP LTPlat
Originally Posted by checkerboard
So now that the dust has settled a bit, what are the new base-fares for South Africa originating xONEx tickets? Were all three classes affected by the change, or just the DONEx fares?
I guess I missed an email because I haven't received any notices of activity in this thread. I was surprised to catch up on the past week's report of fare increase from SA given that I was browsing Expert Flyer today and noted the following fares. I listed CX, AA, QR as airlines, and, unfortunately did not compare all airlines prices, but noticed some (which ones, I don't recall) are the same for each airline. I was looking at other origins, too, the usual cheaper ones. So, CPT-CPT priced by AA shows DONEx as $3985, 6884, 8164. This does not include airport, security fees, and taxes. I haven't tried to price on oneworld tool.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MiamiPrep
As an aside, when are we going to start speculating on how AAdvantage changes apply to RTW tickets? Hmmmm???
Well, you can forget earning Ex Plat for 5K.
Might affect whether I push up my timeline to finish in 2017. I really didn't care if I made EXP or not since I'll make lifetime PLAT on next leg of current RTW. The value of said status has just been gutted, so may want to maximize benefits while I can.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 9:00 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by skipaway
I guess I missed an email because I haven't received any notices of activity in this thread. I was surprised to catch up on the past week's report of fare increase from SA given that I was browsing Expert Flyer today and noted the following fares. I listed CX, AA, QR as airlines, and, unfortunately did not compare all airlines prices, but noticed some (which ones, I don't recall) are the same for each airline. I was looking at other origins, too, the usual cheaper ones. So, CPT-CPT priced by AA shows DONEx as $3985, 6884, 8164. This does not include airport, security fees, and taxes. I haven't tried to price on oneworld tool.
It seems AA has been preoccupied with other matters in the past week or so to update their fares. Other carriers, like BA, CX and QR, when searched individually are showing the new inflated prices.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 12:05 am

Re: AAdvantage changes

Under the new rules the max amount of RDM that can be earned with a "single ticket," (crediting to AA) is 75k.

Having a hard time understanding how they will manage to do this with a RTW ticket (which technically only has one ticket number), especially if your itinerary extends for mulltiple months and miles posts overnight or in the next few days.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 2:41 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Viajero Millero
Re: AAdvantage changes

Under the new rules the max amount of RDM that can be earned with a "single ticket," (crediting to AA) is 75k.

Having a hard time understanding how they will manage to do this with a RTW ticket (which technically only has one ticket number), especially if your itinerary extends for multiple months and miles posts overnight or in the next few days.
This does appear to be an issue since the 75,000 miles includes class of service and elite status bonus miles.

Is there a maximum number of base award miles that can be earned on a ticket?

Yes, a maximum of 75,000 miles will be awarded per ticket (inclusive of any class of service and elite status bonus miles). There is no maximum for EQDs.
Source: https://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/p...antage2016.jsp

Award miles are calculated based on what you pay for your ticket (base fare plus carrier-imposed fees, excluding any government-imposed taxes and fees) and your elite status. Ancillary fees imposed by airlines such as checked baggage fees, seats, etc. do not count as carrier-imposed fees. Award miles are subject to a maximum of 75,000 miles per ticket.
Also I wonder if this only applies to AA purchased tickets or also those purchase from another OW carrier, which is the case for many here. AA probably doesn't track non-001 ticket numbers, but it does have AA's own PNR for others' tickets. BTW, while my AONE4 is a single ticket, technically it has 4 ticket numbers (ending in 44-47).

It will be interesting to see what happens. If in fact it is limited, then it's time to maximize EQD calculation (once the info is release by July 15) and stay within the 75,000 miles limit. in all likelihood credit other flights to BA or AS in my case.

Last edited by aaupgrade; Jun 12, 2016 at 5:46 am
Old Jun 20, 2016, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

New booking snafu

I scored 22 days off to finish my DONE4--not as much time as I'd like, but better than not traveling. I looked at Expert Flyer and found availability for all my original flights on the new dates I wanted. So I set my alarm for o'dark:30, and called BA. The agent was proficient, even pointed out an error I'd made (not adding +1 to arrival date). So after a relatively short conversation, he found availability for all the flights I read off to him, and I was, I thought, set. Then there came the "I have to send it to my supervisor for fare adjustment". When I said not to worry, there's no charge, he said it had to go, just routine. So later, at work, I get a call from another agent, super friendly, chatty even. But after getting through to the last two legs of my trip, he tells me there is no availability on CX749, HKG-JNB. He wants to do a total rerouting to get me to SA. I couldn't really talk, so said to book everything to Hong Kong, and see when next available flight would be. I told him I have a ticket on hold I have to buy by tonight to do some positioning here in the US. He said I'd be safe to do that. He's going to call back tomorrow.
So, given no availability on non-stop, would they allow an extra segment? I should think not, since it's just lack of availability in D, not a scrapping of the whole flight. I could maybe re-route HKG-x-JNB and stay in the 16 segment allotment--it's no problem to get from there to CPT. The problem is that x would have to be in the European zone, I think it's allowable if just a stop-over or does that violate the "travel cannot be to South Africa" rule? (It would not be the end of the world to end somewhere else in Africa) And, as I understand it, that would require a $125 re-booking fee. But not a change in base fare price, correct? I know it's gone up drastically. I found it curious that he was so ready and willing to find alternate routes. But I was extremely busy
Why do you think booking agent found the flight open, but the reviewing agent did not? It still shows 9 "D" seats available on Expert Flyer. I want to be armed and ready for this call. Alternatives: re-route, call back later, break trip in HKG and pick up next year. Anything I'm missing?
Old Jul 2, 2016, 9:09 am

Something seems to be up because of EF they quote the old price for AA.

However, what is most peculiar is I tried to book a DONE4, a dummy booking, on the OneWorld website routing JNB-SYD-LAX-LHR-JNB and it said R77,000.00 all in which reflects the old price and since the first flight was on QF I assumed it would price with them. Can anybody explain the above?

I can confirm a DONE4 out of Windhoek is currently, as per EF, is USD 4191.00 and out of Maputo a DONE5 is USD 2525.00 and an AONE4 is USD 4182.00

I know where I'm now starting from.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 12:15 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by 747-444
Something seems to be up because of EF they quote the old price for AA.

However, what is most peculiar is I tried to book a DONE4, a dummy booking, on the OneWorld website routing JNB-SYD-LAX-LHR-JNB and it said R77,000.00 all in which reflects the old price and since the first flight was on QF I assumed it would price with them. Can anybody explain the above?

I can confirm a DONE4 out of Windhoek is currently, as per EF, is USD 4191.00 and out of Maputo a DONE5 is USD 2525.00 and an AONE4 is USD 4182.00

Getting ticketed out of those places might well be impossible unless you're physically on the ground.

Check out the pyramids.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA PPRO (OW Emerarld), BA Silver, DL PM
Getting ticketed out of those places might well be impossible unless you're physically on the ground.

Check out the pyramids.
Has anyone had luck getting QR to ticket a xONEx itinerary, commencing anywhere? Wish I had a long layover in DOH to try it there. Think a ticket counter somewhere like LHR would be any help?
Old Jul 2, 2016, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by rollthere
Has anyone had luck getting QR to ticket a xONEx itinerary, commencing anywhere? Wish I had a long layover in DOH to try it there. Think a ticket counter somewhere like LHR would be any help?
See these posts (and links within):
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25763106-post8.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25763289-post9.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25768276-post10.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26248001-post131.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24619592-post19.html
Old Jul 2, 2016, 3:19 pm

Check out the pyramids.
I've had great experiences ticketing from SA, first flight BA, with Qantas and paying with my Aus credit card. Sometimes they get their SA office to call me and sometimes not. I'll give them a call on Monday and report back.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by 747-444
I've had great experiences ticketing from SA, first flight BA, with Qantas and paying with my Aus credit card. Sometimes they get their SA office to call me and sometimes not. I'll give them a call on Monday and report back.
I believe Gardyloo was referring to your statement about ticketing ex-WDH or ex-MPM, not ex-SA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.