Another DONEx originating CPT query

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another DONEx originating CPT query

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2016, 1:20 am

Update:

New Mate said he is disappointed with the service I have received from Qantas and wants to personally take ownership of my ticket so he'll be dealing with me exclusively.

One World have not replied yet and nor can Qantas manually build the ticket.
The manager for Hobart has spoken to the manager at fares for Qantas whose written to One World seeking clarity.

New Mate hope One World replies with an answer by this time tomorrow.
They are also asking OneWorld to provide clarity on the F price.

Even if we don't get a ticket, which I think we may; or OneWorld realise the fare is lower than other areas and raise it. I think this has been a worthwhile exercise because we'll have clarity on using MPM.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Has anyone else tried the online booking tool for an ex-MPM itinerary?
Old Jul 5, 2016, 3:34 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by 747-444
Even if we don't get a ticket, which I think we may; or OneWorld realise the fare is lower than other areas and raise it. I think this has been a worthwhile exercise because we'll have clarity on using MPM.
I admire your persistence and I hope it works out; however, I believe a better first approach would have been to try to deal with a travel agent on the ground in Mozambique. I don't know whether your admirable persistence will result in the low fare being flagged but I just think a more cautious approach would have been to try an agent first.

And don't forget the requirement to have the price converted to the country of ticketing (I'm assuming you're in Australia).

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
The fare won't allow QR-plated itineraries to be booked and as the only oneworld flight ex-MPM is to DOH, we're out of luck.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Yes and it validates the route but won't even provide a price.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Apparently that's because it won't do QR; and that's the only OW carrier at MPM.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by danger
I admire your persistence and I hope it works out; however, I believe a better first approach would have been to try to deal with a travel agent on the ground in Mozambique. I don't know whether your admirable persistence will result in the low fare being flagged but I just think a more cautious approach would have been to try an agent first.

And don't forget the requirement to have the price converted to the country of ticketing (I'm assuming you're in Australia).

The fare won't allow QR-plated itineraries to be booked and as the only oneworld flight ex-MPM is to DOH, we're out of luck.
Unfortunately I couldn't find any Mozambique travel agents. The country is so so poor I doubt there are any. I'm currently on the border of Mozambique so I can literally pop across to issue. However, in most instances Qantas never actually check where you are when ticketing so you can try your luck.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 8:20 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Unfortunately I couldn't find any Mozambique travel agents. The country is so so poor I doubt there are any. I'm currently on the border of Mozambique so I can literally pop across to issue. However, in most instances Qantas never actually check where you are when ticketing so you can try your luck.
The issue is having somebody capable of plating the ticket in the country of sale. I think the only way this is going to work (and I'm not overly optimistic) is to find somebody within the QR apparatus who will take an interest in RTW and similar products, and maybe advocate within the airline to problem-solve the matter.

By the way, QR starts WDH-DOH service in September. http://allafrica.com/stories/201603110734.html
Old Jul 5, 2016, 10:02 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
I actually wonder whether there even is a 'Current' published fare for MPM, or its an artefact in a system (I assume you got the fare from ExpertFlyer)
from many years ago when I guess BA/Comair flew into MPM

Some time ago the Fare Rules, accidentally had a price sheet on it, but I don't think there has been any recent publication of all fares by oneworld
Old Jul 5, 2016, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by moa999
I actually wonder whether there even is a 'Current' published fare for MPM, or its an artefact in a system (I assume you got the fare from ExpertFlyer)
from many years ago when I guess BA/Comair flew into MPM

Some time ago the Fare Rules, accidentally had a price sheet on it, but I don't think there has been any recent publication of all fares by oneworld
I told Qantas that and they agreed. Either way, I see my self as a trend setter - determining the price of a ticket from Mozambique. A market maker of sorts.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by Gardyloo
The issue is having somebody capable of plating the ticket in the country of sale. I think the only way this is going to work (and I'm not overly optimistic) is to find somebody within the QR apparatus who will take an interest in RTW and similar products, and maybe advocate within the airline to problem-solve the matter.

By the way, QR starts WDH-DOH service in September. http://allafrica.com/stories/201603110734.html
Qantas said if OneWorld will give them a base fare they'll add the necessary taxes and do it manually themselves which could work.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 8:13 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Qantas said if OneWorld will give them a base fare they'll add the necessary taxes and do it manually themselves which could work.
How will they consummate the sale in the country of origin?
Old Jul 6, 2016, 4:02 am

A further update.

Oh well.
          Old Jul 6, 2016, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by Gardyloo
          How will they consummate the sale in the country of origin?
          Their problem. Qantas have previously issued me JNB departing tickets from their Australian offices without having to get the Qantas office in JNB to do it.
          Old Jul 6, 2016, 6:33 am

After spending 1 hour and 10 minutes on the phone I finally got Qantas and their supervisor to accept my routing. It was a struggle.

They said they'd call me back, and I missed the call, with a fare.
          Old Jul 6, 2016, 6:57 am

HUGE PROGRESS:

New Mate has come ROARING back.

He called to say that they've got people from fares in Sydney, One World, Hobart and Auckland working on this. New Mate said that because so many people touched it - it became a REAL mess. He then said to his supervisor STOP wasting Mr. 747-444s time. He knows the rules better than we do and we should be asking him for lessons. After reading the rules repeatedly they have said all is OK and they've accepted the base fares which are LOW.

They said they are going to now have to find a way to ticket it. Their system is just not computing it so they need to fix the system.

New Mate is going on holiday until Sunday and he will call me back then if they've got confirmation from One World and fares how they can issue it.

New Mate said the average consultant books 1 every 6 months and mostly from Aus.

I feel this is a pyrrhic victory. The reality of having to get to Mozambique is now dawning on me and after how I kept hammering at Qantas I feel I am kinda obligated to turn up now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.