Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another DONEx originating CPT query

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2016, 9:03 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by thois
My routing is MPM-xDOH-ORD-MBJ-LAX-LIM-SCL-IPC-SCL-xJFK-HKG-KTM-KUL-ICN-HEL-xLHR-NBO.

I would liked to have routed the ticket from HEL to NBO via DOH, but the rules don't allow flights between Europe and Middle-East when the itinerary utilizes backtracking in Europe/Middle-East. So I needed to use BA flight LHR-NBO.

In addition, QR flight DOH-ORD have higher carrier imposed surcharges, but I can't had routed it from DOH to ORD via Europe, because I needed to use backtracking and I wan't stop at HEL later on the trip. Also it seems that stop at KUL causes higher taxes and surcharges than many other Asian cities.

I haven't tested pricing lot of IB flights, but at least all BA/IB flights that I tried pricing with have caused high YR/YQ surcharges.
where is the rule about no backtracking between Europe and middle east when there is back tracking?
Old Jul 9, 2016, 9:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by pbd456
where is the rule about no backtracking between Europe and middle east when there is back tracking?
In Para 4(h) the xONEx rule sheet says
*segments between Europe and Middle East are not permitted if travel includes Africa and the itinerary utilises
the backtracking provisions in Para 4(e) 3.1.3.or 3.2.3.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 9:26 pm

i thought the rule is gone. the change was made in april 22.
in the rule 3015 that i read, you can transfer hel doh xxx - if i understand it correctly.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 9:57 pm

i thought the rule is gone. the change was made in april 22.
in the rule 3015 that i read, you can transfer hel doh xxx - if i understand it correctly.
Hmm... Originally I tried to price an itinerary that included those segments, but it come back from AA rating desk as invalid. AA RTW desk agent then pointed out that rule for me.

At least if I download rule sheet 3015 from OneWorld website https://www.oneworld.com/flights/rou...world-explorer, it includes the rule that I quoted. Moreover, if I check the rules in Expertflyer it still shows also that rule.

So may I ask, where you got the rule sheet 3015 that have the specific rule removed?
Old Jul 10, 2016, 12:31 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
*segments between Europe and Middle East are not permitted if travel includes Africa and the itinerary utilises
the backtracking provisions in Para 4(e) 3.1.3.or 3.2.3.
The rule sheet was changed on April 22nd, as pointed out by pbd456
but the editor did a sloppy job of it.
  • So the words you quoted are still in there, BUT in sub-clause 4(e) there are no longer paragraphs numbered 3.1.3 or 3.2.3
  • What 4(e) now states is:

The change was discussed when it happened in the relevant thread - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...ule-sheet.html from post #324 onwards; though I must admit none of us picked up on the sloppy editing
So what you wanted to do (travel from Europe back to Africa via DOH instead of LHR) is allowed.
Unfortunately, because you have already purchased your ticket, you would have to pay the USD125 change fee to get what you want. However, might the resulting refund of BA surcharges cover that change fee?
Old Jul 10, 2016, 1:39 am

Thanks for pointing that out. Anyway, AA rating desk returned the booking three times as invalid because of the Europe-Middle East segment. It seems that AA rating desk interprets the rules like the box in 4(e) is still would be like paragraph 3.1.3 or 3.2.3.

Should have really asked here before accepting their reason to flag the routing invalid. I will try calling them tomorrow and try to ask if I can revert to my original routing without change fee as they flagged it invalid multiple times without valid reason.

Btw, have someone ever got a xONEx ticket from AA that includes that kind of backtracking and segment between Europe and Middle East?
Old Jul 10, 2016, 3:17 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Btw, have someone ever got a xONEx ticket from AA that includes that kind of backtracking and segment between Europe and Middle East?
Nobody has reported success

My attempt last year failed - see the first post in this thread - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...cpt-done5.html
I finally ticketed with BA, but when I wanted to re-route my Europe/Middle East segments I ran into the same problem with them. I finally got that sorted - see posts in the linked thread from about October 2015 onwards.

Now that the relevant rule has been simplified we hopefully will not have these types of problems.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 8:31 am

i checked yq of ba vs qr to africa. doesnt seem that big a difference. cx has no yq.. i think the mh is what drive the high yq.

earlier this year, when base fare ex jnb was 3500. jnb hkg has no yq. now if i do mpm doh hkg, there is a 200 yq on qr... even low base fare can be offset by the high yq.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by pandaperth
The rule sheet was changed on April 22nd, as pointed out by pbd456
but the editor did a sloppy job of it.
  • So the words you quoted are still in there, BUT in sub-clause 4(e) there are no longer paragraphs numbered 3.1.3 or 3.2.3
  • What 4(e) now states is:

The change was discussed when it happened in the relevant thread - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...ule-sheet.html from post #324 onwards; though I must admit none of us picked up on the sloppy editing
So what you wanted to do (travel from Europe back to Africa via DOH instead of LHR) is allowed.
Unfortunately, because you have already purchased your ticket, you would have to pay the USD125 change fee to get what you want. However, might the resulting refund of BA surcharges cover that change fee?
re reading it again, is it really sloppy editing or is it intentional?
it would be difficult to argue against aa on this. i worry.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 3:24 pm

suppose i issue a rtw ex mpm on aa with 001 ticket.
the ticket has 3 aa segments and 13 non aa segments.
and fly for 60000 miles. the 3 aa segments are short in usa
does the cap 75000 rdm per ticket applies?
with class of service and elite bonus.
the partner portion is supposed to earn almost 135000 miles under old scheme.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 4:49 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
suppose i issue a rtw ex mpm on aa with 001 ticket.
the ticket has 3 aa segments and 13 non aa segments.
and fly for 60000 miles. the 3 aa segments are short in usa
with class of service and elite bonus.
the partner portion is supposed to earn almost 135000 miles under old scheme.
I don't think anybody can say yet, probably including AA itself.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 5:18 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Since it's a computer doing the math, I'm assuming it will until I hear otherwise.

Hence the reason I'm planning on going for BA Gold which is much easier to attain than AA EXP (I have LT Plat with AA) and BA Gold gives me lounge access in the US including Flagship lounge and F lounges elsewhere when there's no F service. Since most of my travel is on AONEn or ACIRnn plus 1 or 2 annual US Domestic round trips (Award or paid 1st) BA Gold makes much more sense for my travel pattern than AA EXP. I still will attempt to maximize my earnings on each RTW ticket at just under 75K RDMs as earn/burn ratios and number of miles/Avios that are needed for awards are much better on AA vs BA.

I plan on crediting RTW ticketed AA and BA flights to BA and non-BA AA Partner flights to AA. That's my current plan, although I am waiting to see what is announced in terms of AA Partner RDMs and EQD which will hopefully happen in the next 5 days. AA's July 15 announcement may well require I change my current plan, we'll see.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by Gardyloo
applying swu and clear pr.changing a aa flight to a cx codeshare would require reticketing.. i am wondering if it can be used to get around the limit.

i am jl sapphire too. i will credit my aa flight to jl for sure.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 5:26 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
applying swu and clear pr.changing a aa flight to a cx codeshare would require reticketing.. i am wondering if it can be used to get around the limit.
Maybe, but it wouldn't surprise me if they keyed in on the AA Record Locator as they probably don't have access to partner ticket numbers. Also using the record locator would be a catch-all solution (for them) to potential loop holes allowed if they were to use ticket numbers. Time will tell.

In the mean time, I'm planning accordingly and will let others do the real-time research. I'm sure there'll be plenty of complaints when someone doesn't get miles posted due to the 75K limit. But we're getting a bit off the ex-CPT topic. This is probably a good question to raise in the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...un-2016-a.html thread.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 10:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Gardyloo
I agree.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.