Another DONEx originating CPT query

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another DONEx originating CPT query

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2016, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by cphurley
So if I need to make changes to an older DONE5 that I'm in the middle of, will I be subject to re-pricing the whole ticket? And if so, how will they calculate the price if I'm 8 segments and 3 continents in??
No repricing on any ticket that has been issued, as long as there are no changes to the 1st segment. Because you've already flown that 1st segment, you're fine.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 7:02 pm

One more data point if it's of interest, followed by a question:

Datapoint: I have been playing around with an ex-JNB LONE5 in the online tool over the past week and there has been no major change in price for my itinerary. Specifically, the total fare (including taxes/fees) has moved from $2301 USD on 5/31 to $2313 USD just now (6/2). If of interest, the routing is JNB-GRU-AEP-SCL-IPC-SCL-AKL-SYD-PVG-HKG-DEL-NRT-BKK-AMM-IST-LHR-CPT with first carrier LATAM Brazil.

Question: This validates in the online tool and I am able to 'Proceed to Booking' without it erroring out. If I book this online through the tool, how likely is it I run into problems for having a US-address credit card?
Old Jun 2, 2016, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by cphurley
So if I need to make changes to an older DONE5 that I'm in the middle of, will I be subject to re-pricing the whole ticket? And if so, how will they calculate the price if I'm 8 segments and 3 continents in??
Originally Posted by danger
No, no. Once an itinerary has commenced historical prices apply. The only thing that may change is the taxes.
Don't they reprice the complete ticket if the cities/sequence change, even mid-itinerary?
Old Jun 2, 2016, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Don't they reprice the complete ticket if the cities/sequence change, even mid-itinerary?
No. Taxes and fees may change, the DONE5 fare will not.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 9:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Moreover, if, for example, you added a 6th continent midway, I believe that the DONE6 fare applying at the time you purchased the DONE5 would apply for the repricing.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 12:06 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; LH FT (*A Silver); Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite; Starwood Corporate Preferred
Originally Posted by Off.Grid
First time post, hi all...

Currently scheduling an ex-JNB DONEx, noticed today a possible increase in base DONEx fare ex-JNB through the online tool.

Just me, or have the powers just adjusted the base fare?
I have direct access to Sabre. I have checked the fare basis for the DONE4 (and others) and nothing has changed. I think this is an EF problem.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 12:14 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by danger
And I've just priced a DONE5 ex-CPT that I've had in the planner for weeks. It's still pricing ZAR84,813.
Now it's increased. The base fare is ZAR101,820 and the total is ZAR118,281.

ExpertFlyer now reflects increased base fares when priced on QR. As noted above, a couple of days ago QR had the same unchanged fares.

Therefore I don't think it's an EF bug.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 6:41 am

So, the evidence we've got suggests that several OW carriers currently show a very significant increase in ex-RSA xONEx's, and that AA currently shows unchanged fares.

Using the OW tool, I just test-booked a DONE4 (with CX as 1st, thus issuing, carrier), and the base fare is 88,500 ZAR -- up 50% from the old price.

One reasonable conclusion is that the ex-RSA xONEx fares are in the process of being changed, and AA, maybe because all of the other integration-related changes going on there, has not yet registered the RTW fare hikes into their system.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 6:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by wideman
So, the evidence we've got suggests that several OW carriers currently show a very significant increase in ex-RSA xONEx's, and that AA currently shows unchanged fares.

Using the OW tool, I just test-booked a DONE4 (with CX as 1st, thus issuing, carrier), and the base fare is 88,500 ZAR -- up 50% from the old price.

One reasonable conclusion is that the ex-RSA xONEx fares are in the process of being changed, and AA, maybe because all of the other integration-related changes going on there, has not yet registered the RTW fare hikes into their system.
Sure sounds like it.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 8:23 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
FWIW as of right now, EF shows 88410 ZAR for DONE4 on BA an CX, AA still shows 58940 ZAR and shows old fares for DONE5, DONE6 and AONEn. DONE5 and DONE6 along with all AONEn fares are all zeroed out for CX and BA. Wait a few days and see how things settle out.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 8:46 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
As of now, Namibia is unchanged, and a DONE4 ex-CAI is cheaper than ex-SA.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 8:44 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Originally Posted by wideman
OTOH with AA's current CC payment policy in South Africa, they may not be selling any xONEx fares. So no urgency to change.

Happy wandering

Fred
Old Jun 3, 2016, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
Wait a few days and see how things settle out.
With changes already implemented for some carriers, I think that we know how things are going to settle out.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 6:13 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
With changes already implemented for some carriers, I think that we know how things are going to settle out.
True, and while everyone has been discussing DONEn, for which there is new pricing, I personally am interested in AONEn for which there is no new pricing from CX or BA via EF yet, hence my remark:
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
Wait a few days and see how things settle out.
Depending on what the new AONEn prices are, Japan may replace SA as the best place to originate AONEn. I'm on an AONE3 for $8,319 USD ex-NRT right now and will be starting an AONE4 ex-SA after that which I got for $7,453 USD. If Africa is not a desired continent for one's RTW ticket then the AONEn ex-Japan equals a AONEn+1 RTW ticket ex-SA.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 8:33 am

What would happen if one had a ticket issued at the old price during this fare repricing period? I would assume that if absolutely no changes were made, that would be OK. But say you fly the 1st segment, then try to make changes. Would the rules in place when ticketed apply?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.