Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another DONEx originating CPT query

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2016, 9:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Gardyloo
One other possible Hail Mary option. Phone Mindpearl in CPT (I will PM you the name of the agent there who was so easy to work with - comparable to Sara) and ask them if the wire transfer option you mentioned above would work. I'm still not convinced that isn't simply the foreign credit card issue that's hanging things up with Mindpearl, owing to forex and lag time/float risk.
Thanks! And I just had a very painless and productive conversation with AA ATW, so, I'm gonna bounce it off of this TA I was introduced to (probably a waste of time) and then try the mindpearl contact.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 2:34 pm

Interested in S.A. Ticket Agent

Originally Posted by anabolism
Two issues I see with having the AA RTW desk set things up: (1) reports have indicated that it is the AA RTW agents who have added notes to the PNR instructing that it only be ticketed with a S.A. credit card, so in my view it would be best to avoid this;
I wondered the same thing: whether the AA RTW desk is going to 'interfere' with an independent travel agent ticketing these. When the Canadian exception was discontinued several years ago, I, unaware, called in to have a RTW itinerary ticketed. I was YELLED at ("Mr. X, you have been told repeatedly that you can't ticket these anymore with a Canadian CC"). 1) I had NEVER been told such a thing, the first I had heard of it. 2) I had been in contact with the RTW desk several times to set up the aforementioned RTW, and it was always set up to be issued in CAD. I was shocked to be spoken to in such an unprofessional manner - I think I'm the most easy going guy in the world, and I had been dealing with them for years. As if I was raiding the chicken coop rather than adding eggs to the basket!
Old Jan 15, 2016, 7:03 am
Suspended

Ok, so, I think I have some potentially very exciting news. The S.African TA I was put in touch with seems to be all over this thing, and seems to be ready, willing and anxious for the business. I'm going to email MiamiPrep and gardyloo to look over what she just emailed me to see if they agree that we might be on the verge of a breakthrough
Old Jan 15, 2016, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: EXP LTPlat
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Ok, so, I think I have some potentially very exciting news.
^ May the Force be with you!
(That's a thumbs up and a grin, not me shooting myself in the head)
Old Jan 15, 2016, 7:39 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Ok, so, I think I have some potentially very exciting news. The S.African TA I was put in touch with seems to be all over this thing, and seems to be ready, willing and anxious for the business. I'm going to email MiamiPrep and gardyloo to look over what she just emailed me to see if they agree that we might be on the verge of a breakthrough
I think a bigger question would be if any TA could ticket once the price quote has been obtained and stored. If your S. Africa TA is able to take it over and ticket, what is to stop any other TA from taking it over?
Old Jan 15, 2016, 7:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by skunker
I think a bigger question would be if any TA could ticket once the price quote has been obtained and stored. If your S. Africa TA is able to take it over and ticket, what is to stop any other TA from taking it over?
Dunno. Might just be a matter of finding a TA who's responsive-- this one is -super- responsive. They did not actually take over the booking that AA ATW desk made, they completely rebooked it using "their GDS, Galileo/Travelport." They sent me a new record locator, showing all the flights. The record locator showed up on AA.com and the TA states "ticket will be on American Airlines"

I forwarded the emails to Gardyloo for some opinions and he had some observations, which he can certainly share if he cares to.

I'll be checking in each day with this TA and will keep all posted.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 4:21 am

Programs: QF WP
very interested so please keep me in the loop
Old Jan 16, 2016, 10:59 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
They did not actually take over the booking that AA ATW desk made, they completely rebooked it using "their GDS, Galileo/Travelport." They sent me a new record locator, showing all the flights. The record locator showed up on AA.com and the TA states "ticket will be on American Airlines"
A very positive development! Glad to hear that the TA will ticket on 001, as that should make it easy for the AA RTW desk to make changes for you.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 5:47 pm
Suspended

Gardyloo found several issues with what the travel agent put together-- unexplained higher prices and excessive taxes. I've forwarded his comments to see what their explanations are.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 7:06 am
Suspended

Happy to report steady progress in working both this JNB-based TA. Gardyloo has been incredibly helpful and I'm getting very close to ticketing. She charges R750.00 as a fee and she seems to be able to get info directly from QR oneworld helpdesk.

So, if anyone here who has experience with the tickets, and has their itin 100% ready to go (I think, IMO, it really should be both-- someone who knows this stuff inside-out -and- knows -exactly- what they want at this point, for the first attempt(s)) PM me if you want to give her a shot-- I'm increasingly confident that she can be a very good resource. Also be 100% ready to ticket. She only works till 2pm JNB time, so, most times, and question you email her won't have an answer till the next morning-- but like clockwork in that regard.

One other thought; if anyone is interested in starting a small, private Facebook discussion group to specifically discuss this TA (or maybe getting ex-S.Africa tix ticketed generally,) let me know-- might be helpful to get/give immediate feedback. Just a thought.

Last edited by JonNYC; Jan 19, 2016 at 7:16 am
Old Jan 20, 2016, 9:21 am

2 questions. How is payment done, via credit card or wire transfer? How will itinerary changes be handled after the 1st flight, via the TA or via the pertinent airline?
Old Jan 21, 2016, 1:15 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Excellent news, Jon! Since the TA will plate on AA, using an AA-affiliated CC should earn the extra AA bonus miles (assuming the charge shows up as "American Airlines").
Old Jan 21, 2016, 10:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by anabolism
Excellent news, Jon! Since the TA will plate on AA..
Unfortunately, I have to amend.

Whereas originally this TA said ticket would be plated on AA, she now states it will be plated by carrier w/ first international segment-- so QR in my case. She seems to get quick and authoritative answers from QR help desk on each and every question, but, I know some folks will be skittish about bing ticketed by QR-- event though a re-issue can obviously "fix that problem" after travel commences, etc.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: EXP LTPlat
Unfortunately, I have to amend.

Whereas originally this TA said ticket would be plated on AA, she now states it will be plated by carrier w/ first international segment-- so QR in my case. She seems to get quick and authoritative answers from QR help desk on each and every question, but, I know some folks will be skittish about bing ticketed by QR-- event though a re-issue can obviously "fix that problem" after travel commences, etc.
Although I want to amend my ticket to AA codeshare for the DOH-LAX for twice the number of EQM, I would have no qualms about the world's 5 star airline ticketing--I'm just not sure they ever will. Sure hope so. If your TA works this magic, I'll probably sign on for another
Old Jan 21, 2016, 11:41 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold

Anyone have a person at AA RTW desk they might recommend?

But as an alternative to my toaster-fire technique, if anyone has a recommendation, please PM. Thanks!
Please check PM.
Did you need to resort to use "toaster-fire" technique?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.