Community
Wiki Posts
Search

National/ Alamo FAQs and Questions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2020, 10:56 pm

I have a trip to Hawaii coming up. I booked midsize cars at LIH, and OGG which to get access to the Emerald Aisle. After booking, I obtained Executive Elite status through American Express. Will I now be able to access the Executive Area at these airports? My old reservations just show Emerald Aisle, but if I start a new reservation it shows Executive Area access with midsize and above.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 9:36 am

It goes by your status on the date of rental, not date of reservation, I believe.
chaotix likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 8:34 pm

National Corporate Codes

Hi everyone,

Just had a question if anyone knows of a way to combine two corporate contract codes on a rental? I enjoy using National and the company I work for has a corporate contract code that really makes National make sense for me. I recently got the Amex Platinum card and I was really looking forward to using the Emerald Club Executive status that comes with this card. Now that I've actually gone to look at making a reservation it looks like the Amex contract booted out my corporate number. I sent National a twitter message and they claimed it was not possible to use both contracts. Does anyone know of a way to apply both codes or get around this?

Thanks,

Alex
Old Mar 31, 2020, 8:47 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by alex4592
Hi everyone,

Just had a question if anyone knows of a way to combine two corporate contract codes on a rental? I enjoy using National and the company I work for has a corporate contract code that really makes National make sense for me. I recently got the Amex Platinum card and I was really looking forward to using the Emerald Club Executive status that comes with this card. Now that I've actually gone to look at making a reservation it looks like the Amex contract booted out my corporate number. I sent National a twitter message and they claimed it was not possible to use both contracts. Does anyone know of a way to apply both codes or get around this?

Thanks,

Alex
One thing has nothing to do with the other. You first need to either create a new Emerald Club account or upgrade your existing one to Emerald Executive through this link. Once you have National EE status, you can use any contract code you want--you don't need to use the Amex code once your account has been upgrade to EE status. Conversely, just using the Amex Platinum corporate discount number does not give you EE benefits with National. They are two separate and distinct things.
m907 likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by alex4592
Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Alex
You should see an X button next to the Amex code on the reservation screen - just click it and type in your corporate code. The Amex code is basically full retail anyway.
Auto Enthusiast and alex4592 like this.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by m907
You should see an X button next to the Amex code on the reservation screen - just click it and type in your corporate code. The Amex code is basically full retail anyway.
Awesome, thanks. Wasn't sure how that would work and was really hoping to be able to use both benefits. Did not want to pay the full rate as it looks like my corporate rate is about a 60% discount for the week.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 1:00 pm
Company Representative - National Car Rental

Hello, Alex!
You will only be able to use the benefits of one contract ID or the other as benefits can't be doubled up on. If you can provide us with some additional information we're happy to address your specific account information with you directly. To do so, please email [email protected] with your full name, email address, telephone number, date of birth, Emerald Club ID, and the details of your question above.
Thank you! We look forward to hearing more from you soon.
Carol H.
Social Monitoring
National Car Rental
Old Apr 23, 2020, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I have some ne Two Free free rental days that expire in June. Will those be extended at all?
Old Apr 24, 2020, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
I have some ne Two Free free rental days that expire in June. Will those be extended at all?
@Xyzzy, this is a great question! At this time, there is no plan to extend the expiration date on promotional coupons. However we will be evaluating the situation on an ongoing basis and the potential for extensions is possible in the future. Check back with us later. Kind Regards - Carol H. Social Monitoring National Car Rental
Xyzzy likes this.
Old May 26, 2020, 3:05 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Process to Update Corporate Account Number in Profile?

I have an account that I opened in 2001 that I use for corporate and leisure travel. I moved my rentals elsewhere about 10 years ago but wanted to check out some rates in my area just for comparison. While I am still at the same firm, it looks like the corporate account number associated with my account changed, as my corporate travel page lists another corporate account number (the name of my firm slightly changed a few years ago so I can tell the difference). For the life of me, I can't seem to figure out how to update my profile with the new corporate account number; any ideas on what I may be missing? I want to make sure I have the most current in my profile to make sure I don't get any grief from my firm for not using the correct account.

Thanks!
Xyzzy likes this.
Old May 27, 2020, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I have an account that I opened in 2001 that I use for corporate and leisure travel. I moved my rentals elsewhere about 10 years ago but wanted to check out some rates in my area just for comparison. While I am still at the same firm, it looks like the corporate account number associated with my account changed, as my corporate travel page lists another corporate account number (the name of my firm slightly changed a few years ago so I can tell the difference). For the life of me, I can't seem to figure out how to update my profile with the new corporate account number; any ideas on what I may be missing? I want to make sure I have the most current in my profile to make sure I don't get any grief from my firm for not using the correct account.

Thanks!
FlyinHawaiian we've noted your comments and would like to help out. Our Customer Service representatives are happy to assist you with updating your profile. You can reach that team at 1-800-468-3334 or send us the complete details, your Emerald Club id, your full name, email address, and telephone number to [email protected] for prompt assistance. Thank you! - Carol H.
FlyinHawaiian and m907 like this.
Old May 27, 2020, 1:18 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Thank you for confirming that this could only be done via Customer Care; I emailed them and received a response in less than an hour.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 8:20 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Has National announced any policy to relax qualifications for Executive or Executive Elite due to Covid affecting many peoples' travel? Or to extend the current status?
Old Oct 23, 2020, 8:26 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
Has National announced any policy to relax qualifications for Executive or Executive Elite due to Covid affecting many peoples' travel? Or to extend the current status?
Yes, status is extended until Feb 28, 2022:

https://www.nationalcar.com/en/suppo...222175#loyalty
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 1:28 pm

Programs: AS Peon
I'm going to be renting from FAT this weekend and I'm looking to get 4WD. I don't see any category that specifically mentions 4WD, so I'm assuming there is no promise that they'll have any at all. What would be the best way to approach this? I'm thinking just book Executive Aisle, and if I don't see anything with 4WD there but do see one elsewhere, I can probably ask someone working there if I could get that one instead, or ask if I can upgrade my reservation? Or is that not possible?

I'm also President's Circle at Hertz, if anyone thinks that they are more likely to have 4WD. I don't see any mention on their site either though, and have a free rental day at National that I'd like to use if possible. But 4WD is more important than using that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.