Community
Wiki Posts
Search

National/ Alamo FAQs and Questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2019, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
You can book a midsize (or higher--whatever is cheapest) and take your chances that the Executive Aisle will have an SUV that meets your needs, or you can leave your reservation as-is and be guaranteed your chosen vehicle. Chances are decent there will be at least one SUV available in EE, and if not, you could always wait around a while or ask a lot attendant to move something to the aisle, but then again, with an infant, you may want to head out quickly. Your call.
Thanks, if I choose “Midsize SUV” which is almost $50 cheaper than “midsize” will I still be able to choose a car in the Executive Elite Aisle?
Old Oct 5, 2019, 8:17 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by Phaseshift
Thanks, if I choose “Midsize SUV” which is almost $50 cheaper than “midsize” will I still be able to choose a car in the Executive Elite Aisle?
Yes
Old Oct 6, 2019, 1:27 am

You can book a midsize (or higher--whatever is cheapest) and take your chances that the Executive Aisle will have an SUV that meets your needs, or you can leave your reservation as-is and be guaranteed your chosen vehicle. Chances are decent there will be at least one SUV available in EE, and if not, you could always wait around a while or ask a lot attendant to move something to the aisle, but then again, with an infant, you may want to head out quickly. Your call.
He mentioned a common issue - National's app prompts you to "Reserve Emerald Aisle" at the top, which seems to be the full-size rate. It also says "Book this vehicle for access to the Emerald Aisle" above full-size but not above midsize. Is this just National trying to squeeze a few extra dollars out of people?
Old Oct 6, 2019, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by m907
He mentioned a common issue - National's app prompts you to "Reserve Emerald Aisle" at the top, which seems to be the full-size rate. It also says "Book this vehicle for access to the Emerald Aisle" above full-size but not above midsize. Is this just National trying to squeeze a few extra dollars out of people?
It certainly could be, or or also could be that the app just has a logic flaw. EHI is not known for their IT prowness. Hanlon’s razor comes to mind here.
m907 likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 11:01 am

does anyone have the contrac ID or coupon number for last minute deals pricing?
Old Oct 6, 2019, 3:19 pm

We are doing a special trip to LAX 2/29/20 - 03/04/20 and we are trying to keep costs down, but the car rental prices seem to keep increasing. Any tips? Or good codes available right now?
Old Oct 7, 2019, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by jurenpamis
We are doing a special trip to LAX 2/29/20 - 03/04/20 and we are trying to keep costs down, but the car rental prices seem to keep increasing. Any tips? Or good codes available right now?
AutoSlash.com
AutoSlash likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 1:40 am

Debit Card Vehicle Restrictions

I am renting with National next week and plan on pulling from the Exec Aisle. The debit card policy states you can only rent full size or below and pickup trucks. Does this mean if I pull up to the gate in anything technically above that they will turn me around if I don’t provide a credit card or is this rule tied just to your reservation class?

Also if there isn’t a card (credit or debit) attached to my reservation am I still ok to bypass the counter as an EC member and give my card at the gate?

Sorry one more. Let’s say I give a credit card then pay with debit or cash on return. Will they release the authorization or would they post the amount and treat it as a separate refund?

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 11:41 am

Hi. My emerald club membership is executive elite. I booked a rental at MIA. When I took a view on this reservation, it told me to pick up at the counter. Can I go directly to the executive selection area and pick one car from there?

Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 5, 2019, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by vtl8916
Hi. My emerald club membership is executive elite. I booked a rental at MIA. When I took a view on this reservation, it told me to pick up at the counter. Can I go directly to the executive selection area and pick one car from there?

Thanks in advance!
Yes, you can. It may be that your driver's license or credit card is expired on your profile. You may want to check that. In any case, whatever the issue is, you should be able to resolve it at the exit booth. There is no need to go to the counter first.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 7:58 am

Yes, you can. It may be that your driver's license or credit card is expired on your profile. You may want to check that. In any case, whatever the issue is, you should be able to resolve it at the exit booth. There is no need to go to the counter first.
Thank you so much for this!
Old Nov 16, 2019, 4:53 pm

Programs: AS Peon
I have a future reservation at OGG from Wednesday at 8:30 PM to Monday at 8 AM right now, and I booked it in June at a pretty good price. I just changed our flight so that we're now arriving at about 2 PM, so I'd like to change the rental to 2:30 PM on Wednesday. Based on what I read elsewhere on this forum, I expected that this wouldn't be an issue, as it would be the same 24 hour period. However, when I called in and asked, he said that if I change it by more than 3 hours it would add an extra day to the rental. However, their system was down and he couldn't see my reservation, so he may have just not completely understood what I was asking.

Is there merit to this 3 hour rule? And if so, is there any way that I could get the car earlier without adding an extra day and causing the rental to nearly double in price? I booked it at a bit over $200 and it looks like $450-ish right now (It actually says $457 on the reservation on my account at the moment, but the email says $206, so hopefully the email is accurate �� )

Edit: I ended up calling, and the rep originally saw a price of $270 for my rental (no idea where that was coming from) and when he updated the start time to 6 hours earlier, the price updated to the original price that I booked for. I have no idea what's going on with the price (just hoping I don't get a rude surprise in a few weeks...), but the 3 hour rule does appear to be a CSR making things up!

Last edited by emag_eh7; Nov 17, 2019 at 3:30 pm
Old Nov 21, 2019, 4:33 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Yes
Technically, this isn't true. According to the rules, only midsize and fullsize reservations are eligible for aisle access.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 4:10 pm

I picked up a Jeep wrangler in BUR airport location about two hours ago. I’m not quite satisfied with it, when I asked the agent there for a 4x4 he said this was the only one they have. So I decided to take it.

Can I exchange the car for another?

How can I check if there are other 4x4/awd available?

If I decide to go with another rental car company can I return this Jeep today without charge? If there is a charge how much?
Old Nov 25, 2019, 4:26 pm

Programs: Delta. AA, National EE, HH
Originally Posted by Phaseshift
I picked up a Jeep wrangler in BUR airport location about two hours ago. I’m not quite satisfied with it, when I asked the agent there for a 4x4 he said this was the only one they have. So I decided to take it.

Can I exchange the car for another?

How can I check if there are other 4x4/awd available?

If I decide to go with another rental car company can I return this Jeep today without charge? If there is a charge how much?
From the first post:

(#7) Q: Can I exchange a car mid-way during a rental?

A: Yes you can, members have done it for various reasons, including but not limited to, mechanical problems, cigarette smoke, not liking the particular car, etc..
See this post below by member bocastephen for more detailed instructions on how to swap a car mid-rental.
Quote:
Here are the steps I've used:

1) return the car - tell the agent you are doing an exchange and do not close out the rental agreement, abbreviated as RA, (you may need to get aggressive here to make sure they're paying attention and don't close it by mistake). Make sure you don't forget anything in the old car - and make sure it's gassed full before returning.

2) go to whichever Aisle you are qualified for and pick out your new car, then lock the doors and take the keys

3) go to the service counter with your existing printed RA (if you have it) and tell them you want an exchange - if they give you grief about the new car type, remind them you're an EA/ES customer and you got the car from the Aisle to stop them from any upgrade charges or re-rates

4) take newly printed RA to the car and show it at the exit booth
Likely the only way to see what is available is go there unless you can find a number for the location. (Not likely)

If you return it you will have to pay for a day.

Did you have a 4x4 reserved or just Aisle access?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.