Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MCO

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2009, 1:56 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I was there last Friday on both sides and saw no minivans in the ES or EA. I did see a Kia Sport Ute/Wagon-looking thing (I think it was a Rondo) in the A Side EA. That was about it for more than 5-seaters.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 29, 2009 at 3:07 pm
Old Apr 29, 2009, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by thecourtside
I am pretty sure they have the cadillac cts in luxury..you might see some 300's there too haha.
Hope it will not be 300's only - teh price i paid seems a bit steep for that sort of car ;-)

ahve fun and remember to fill your gas up before you return the car...DO NOT fill up the gas at the closest gas station near the airport as they charge $2 more per gallon...its called suncoast or some garbage like that.. if you drive a little farther down semoron, there are a lot more gas stations you can fill up at.
The rate i booked at included a full tank - so we just have to return the car empty

As far as the procedure:

If you already have a reservation confirmed, no need to stop by the booth to talk to a person as they will just redirect you to the luxury aisle (where you have the reservation confirmed for)....After you land, simply head over to the national rental and pick any car you see in the luxury rows..the keys will be inside....drive to the exit booth with your license+reservation+cc and they'll confirm and let you on your way..
Hmm - interesting. So the rep at the counter does not need to see any of my documentation (license, credit card etc.)? If yes, then how do i know where the luxury row is? (maybe a stupid question, i know)

if you need a navy, you may need to talk to someone inside the booth but if i were you, i'd buy one and bring it with me instead of paying $10/dayx30days = $300 or however much they charge
I do have a GPS at home which also works in the US so will just bring that one with me.

I see some talk about the A side or B side - does National have 2 complete seperate lots, or? For a medium car freak like me, would it then be possible to browse through the 2 lots, and check out the selection before deciding which one too pick up from? And as i understand there is no shuttle needed to get to National when landing in MCO?

And finally one more; how many cars would there typically bee in the luxury rows?

Thank you for all the help
Old Apr 29, 2009, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by Dinovo
I see some talk about the A side or B side - does National have 2 complete seperate lots, or? For a medium car freak like me, would it then be possible to browse through the 2 lots, and check out the selection before deciding which one too pick up from? And as i understand there is no shuttle needed to get to National when landing in MCO?
I think I was pretty clear on this the other day:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/11662628-post57.html

Yes, if you have the time and inclination, you can check both sides. It would be about a 5-10 minute walk from one side to the other (cutting through the central terminal lobby). Cars are parked in the garage in rows with signs clearly stating what class they are. There should be a Luxury row with at least a few cars in it.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I think I was pretty clear on this the other day:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/11662628-post57.html
I do appologize.

Yes, if you have the time and inclination, you can check both sides. It would be about a 5-10 minute walk from one side to the other (cutting through the central terminal lobby). Cars are parked in the garage in rows with signs clearly stating what class they are. There should be a Luxury row with at least a few cars in it.
Thank you.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA MP
Thanks everyone I went ahead and booked a minivan to be sure I get one.

I now have a question about my confirmation email.

Every time I make a reservation from my account, it has always said Level of Service: Executive Selection.

In today’s email, it says Level of Service: Emerald Reserve

Has anyone else encountered the same thing?

When I log into my account, it does say Executive.

TIA.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by Dinovo
I do appologize.
None needed; sorry if I came off a little harsh.

Originally Posted by OP_Fav1
Every time I make a reservation from my account, it has always said Level of Service: Executive Selection.

In today’s email, it says Level of Service: Emerald Reserve

Has anyone else encountered the same thing?
"Emerald Reserve" is when you book (reserve) a specific class of car.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA MP
None needed; sorry if I came off a little harsh.

"Emerald Reserve" is when you book (reserve) a specific class of car.

You're awesome FlyinHawaiian

I did not know that.

Thanks for the quick reply
Old May 2, 2009, 8:18 am

Programs: Independent
I pike up a car the other night from MCO. Really late flight -got in about 12:30am. usually at that time there is quite selection as they have got everything returned.Nt o this time - checked both A andB sides - only about a 8 cars in the Emerald Isle either side, few Chargers, one Malibu on the A side, a Mazda, a few Hyundai, a Mitsubishi or two, and a few G6.

Do they till have the S40s?
Old May 9, 2009, 12:56 pm

I have a business conference in TPA, but we are flying into MCO to visit family before we drive to TPA. Car rental rates are crazy for June 27th to July 2nd. I still have executive status at National, so I booked a midsize for my trip. What kind of fuel efficient cars are in the EA or Executive Aisle at MCO. We will be driving from MCO to THE VILLAGES to St. Petersburg Beach, and back to TPA.. I have a rate of $210.59 using the $35 web coupon. I need the second driver free, so we used the AARP code...
Old May 14, 2009, 11:19 am

Any updates on the lux selection at MCO? Going in a couple of days now :-)
Old May 14, 2009, 2:11 pm

I arrive in MCO at 11:00 tomorrow night and I can scope things out for you. I know in the Full Size last Sunday there were Camry's galore.
Old May 14, 2009, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by JLewisinSyr
I arrive in MCO at 11:00 tomorrow night and I can scope things out for you. I know in the Full Size last Sunday there were Camry's galore.
Sounds great - looking forward to the status update. Thank you :-)
Old May 21, 2009, 4:05 am

Landed at MCO yesterday night and went to national lux line - but they had absolutly nothing of interest. 1 towncar and 2 caddy cts - and that was it. I would not be caught dead in a town car and the caddy's are way to small. So i asked if they really did not have anything more they could offer me, but the reply was just "no" - the same for both a & b sides. But since we really did need bigger cars, we talked to them and they could give us a standard suv for the same price - and i was like "what?? same price??" - but since we had been traveling for 24 hours, i was in no mood to argue with them, so we just took 2 standard suv instead of our lux reservations. It is some okay cars (nissan murano and ford edge) - but it is not luxury as i booked and paid for, so it is bothering me now.

Could i go back to them (or call) and say that i would be glad if we could get a premium suv or something of the sort (and enclave would be perfect) - any thoughts?
Old May 31, 2009, 10:47 am

Just a bump up to the top...
Old Jun 1, 2009, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Since the Full-size SUV is often more expensive than the luxury cars, I'd be happy with that trade-off at the lot if you didn't want to call the 800# and make a new reservation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.