MilesBuzz: Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2014, 6:05 am

Signup bonuses are pretty low with AMEX these days. The calm before the storm :S
Old Jul 18, 2014, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by msp3
Weird, I still see it http://www.americanexpress.com/canad...-trueearnings/. Wonder what happens to current cardholders?
Most likely in your cache. Try going into cards directly from the Amex Canada page. No need to sign in.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 12:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Aeroplan, Best Western, IHG Rewards, AAdvantage, Executive Club
Originally Posted by msp3
Weird, I still see it http://www.americanexpress.com/canad...-trueearnings/. Wonder what happens to current cardholders?
That information is left there for existing cardholders. Because people still have the credit card. Chances are existing cardholders will be allowed to continue to keep the credit card.

AMEX stopped taking new applications.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 5:42 pm

Anybody know if AMEX Canada Sheraton card ever goes on promotion? higher points and FY Fee waived?

Just moved to Canada after 6 years in US and finding it difficult to compare.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:02 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Starwoods
Originally Posted by m68mac
Anybody know if AMEX Canada Sheraton card ever goes on promotion? higher points and FY Fee waived?

I think it has been 2+ years since they had a FYF and 20000 pt sign up bonus.

I am one of many who are waiting for either a bump in bonus or a FYF to get this card!
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by m68mac

Surely you mean the SPG AMEX, right?

Until a few months ago there was a 21K bonus for new signups referred by an existing member, but you still had to pay the annual fee. The other offer in the past was 10K signup FYF.

Get used to it, we don't have the insane signup bonuses like they do down south, nor the opportunities to generates miles on the cheap.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Aeroplan, Best Western, IHG Rewards, AAdvantage, Executive Club
Here's the thread on the American Express SPG Canadian version: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...ee-waived.html

I've been waiting for the fee to be waived for a while now too. I was really hoping to get this credit card soon.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 4:19 am

Milesbuzz: Canada

I dont mind paying the $120 if I get the 20,000 signup and my SO gets the referrals of 10,000
Old Jul 23, 2014, 2:15 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
I dont mind paying the $120 if I get the 20,000 signup and my SO gets the referrals of 10,000
SPG is the only card I've paid for since whenever my last Aerogold fee was paid maybe 3 years ago or so. I did just that, referred my wife for one too. So for $240 and a bit of spending, we now have about 60,000 SPG points which should be good for a week's stay in HKG next year. Decent value.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by heraclitus
SPG is the only card I've paid for since whenever my last Aerogold fee was paid maybe 3 years ago or so. I did just that, referred my wife for one too. So for $240 and a bit of spending, we now have about 60,000 SPG points which should be good for a week's stay in HKG next year. Decent value.
I used mine for 5 nights in Sydney over new year, which would have cost $5000!
Old Jul 24, 2014, 4:16 pm

I used mine for 5 nights in Sydney over new year, which would have cost $5000!
Now there's an excellent example of great use of points!!!
Old Jul 24, 2014, 5:02 pm

Delta Skymiles Canada ?

Does anyone know if the Canadian version of the Delta Skymiles shopping portal still exists ? None of the links I have from a couple of years back seem to work.

Or can you suggest a shopping portal where I can earn miles / points for purchases from Homedepot.CA .

Thanks very much.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 11:16 am

Signup bonuses are pretty low with AMEX these days. The calm before the storm :S
I am feeling that way because of no transfer bonus yet this year.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by pokee
I am feeling that way because of no transfer bonus yet this year.
Same here. I am really hoping to see something soon. AMEX seems to be much more quiet this year compared to 2013.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 11:08 am

Programs: AC Irrelevant, IHG Platinum, Marriot Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis First
Originally Posted by jerry305
The partial rebate offer for a Capital One® Aspire Travel™ World MasterCard® at Great Canadian Rebates is extended to June 30.

Net value of a signup is $305.

1. Start a Great Canadian Rebates account if you don't already have one.
2. Use their link to apply for a Capital One® Aspire Travel™ World MasterCard®.
3. Annual fee is $120.
4. Great Canadian Rebates will pay you back $75 after a few months.
5. The 35,000 miles can be used against a travel purchase up to $350.

Just FYI looks like this deal is still available through GCR.
One of the best non-Amex deals out there currently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.