MilesBuzz: Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2014, 8:38 am

Calm before the storm….
Old Aug 17, 2014, 10:30 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Aeroplan, Best Western, IHG Rewards, AAdvantage, Executive Club
Originally Posted by Preacher7
All quiet on the Canadian front?
So quiet.

Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
Calm before the storm….
I hope you're right.

The more quiet it remains, the higher our expectations become. Which also increases our chances of disappointment.

We really need to get a little healthy competition going.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 10:57 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Yes. It is so quiet that I was compelled to apply for an Air Miles Amex last week!
Old Aug 17, 2014, 7:04 pm

Milesbuzz: Canada

I thought we banned that card from discusssion on this thread
Old Aug 17, 2014, 11:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AMEX MR, Avios, Marriott, SPG, many more with negligible points
lol whoa guys, let's not get too desperate now. We don't want to do anything we'd regret later. :P
Old Aug 19, 2014, 9:11 am

Programs: Marriott Gold
Does anyone know if Capital One has a reconsideration line? I tried applying for the IHG plat card and was denied, wondering why.

Ugh, I don't like Capital One's requirements, very restrictive.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 11:31 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Aeroplan, Best Western, IHG Rewards, AAdvantage, Executive Club
Originally Posted by roastpuff
Does anyone know if Capital One has a reconsideration line? I tried applying for the IHG plat card and was denied, wondering why.

Ugh, I don't like Capital One's requirements, very restrictive.
Were you provided the reason yet? They usually send a letter explaining why you were denied. Once you know the reasons, then you can take the next step.

Otherwise, I believe you can try to apply again in 6 months. If one of the reasons, for example, is because of your credit score, then you'll know that's what you need to improve.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 3:37 pm

Just received a letter saying my MBNA Alaska Card is being transferred to TD!?
Old Aug 19, 2014, 3:39 pm

Old news, TD bought out MBNA a long time ago, they're just finally getting around to merging their systems

MBNA's website is going down at the end of Sep, and e-statement users will be forced to paper statement until the end of October

Watch your mail for important information about upcoming changes to your credit card account(s) and services, including Online Banking.
Action required: Please enroll or re-enroll each credit card account (including your rewards credit card account) in Online Banking and telephone banking individually after September 30, 2014. For more information, please refer to the FAQs.

Although you will see some changes, one thing that will stay the same is our commitment to providing you with great service. Our goal is to make the process as seamless as possible for you and to minimize service disruptions, increase security and provide a better customer experience. Please note you may experience longer than usual wait times in our Call Centre leading up to and during the conversion weekend.

You will receive an important information package in the mail that will include a new Account Agreement and Privacy and Personal Protection Notice, plus an insert with highlights of changes to your new Disclosure Statement. Please review these documents carefully and share this information with any authorized users on your credit card account(s). You should also keep the information package in a safe place for future reference as it contains important information about your credit card account(s) and, unless otherwise indicated, is effective September 26, 2014.

Last edited by crimsona; Aug 19, 2014 at 3:56 pm
Old Aug 19, 2014, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by crimsona
Old news, TD bought out MBNA a long time ago, they're just finally getting around to merging their systems

MBNA's website is going down at the end of Sep, and e-statement users will be forced to paper statement until the end of October
Hmmm...time to cancel I guess. I haven't had the card for more than 6 months, and planned to at least keep it for the year, but I won't be using the companion fare thing anyway, and already got my 25K points safe and sound in my AS account. This is just a great excuse to cancel - thanks MBNA!
Old Aug 19, 2014, 4:36 pm

Does this mean we will not be able to churn this card as much?
Old Aug 19, 2014, 4:50 pm

Programs: Enough
Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
Does this mean we will not be able to churn this card as much?
Possibly even better... Historically, TD has offered bonuses on card conversion w/o an inquiry + they're happy to move credit over to force approval like MBNA was. I'd say this could be good!
Old Aug 19, 2014, 5:00 pm

So does this mean we will have to apply the card through TD as of October 1st?
Old Aug 19, 2014, 9:41 pm

Think we'll be better off holding or applying now? I was thinking of getting the AS card for the first time.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by SirJman
Think we'll be better off holding or applying now? I was thinking of getting the AS card for the first time.
Can't hurt getting it now. If MBNA moves to TD I think it'll be easy to get another one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.