MilesBuzz: Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2015, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by zer0k1
Just noticed on my RBC Avion statement that they will be having a 20% conversion bonus for WestJet Dollars. BA Avios are worth more than that to me even without the (hopefully upcoming) 50% conversion bonus..
Anyone heard if we are having the 50% bonus for RBC Avion to BA Avios anytime soon? It's usually May 1st and I haven't seen anything documented yet, and usually they document it well in advance.

I have flights I want to book and I'll hold out another week to get the bonus, but if it's not coming May 1st, I'll likely transfer now...
Old Apr 23, 2015, 2:48 pm

Just noticed on my RBC Avion statement that they will be having a 20% conversion bonus for WestJet Dollars. BA Avios are worth more than that to me even without the (hopefully upcoming) 50% conversion bonus..
Is there ever a good signup bonus for the Avion card? Like 25k+ points, or even 15k with FYF?

Cheers
Old Apr 23, 2015, 2:55 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska, Marriott
Originally Posted by CrownRoyalForever
Is there ever a good signup bonus for the Avion card? Like 25k+ points, or even 15k with FYF?

Cheers
they used to have an offer where you can get 15K + FYF as long as you have a competitor's VISA infinite card

it was always available but rarely advertised. havent tried lately so i dont know if it is still ongoing...
Old Apr 23, 2015, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by pokee
Anyone heard if we are having the 50% bonus for RBC Avion to BA Avios anytime soon? It's usually May 1st and I haven't seen anything documented yet, and usually they document it well in advance.

I have flights I want to book and I'll hold out another week to get the bonus, but if it's not coming May 1st, I'll likely transfer now...
My guess is it will be June 1st this year.

Originally Posted by CrownRoyalForever

Cheers
Originally Posted by Cerenity
they used to have an offer where you can get 15K + FYF as long as you have a competitor's VISA infinite card

it was always available but rarely advertised. havent tried lately so i dont know if it is still ongoing...
+1 when I applied in December I got FYF +15k for telling them I was a Visa Infinite card holder at another bank. You can chat them online and ask if is still available. As soon as 15k posted I quickly turned it into 22.5k Avios. As soon as a decent RBC BA offer comes along again I will be product switching (no HP).
Old Apr 23, 2015, 3:07 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska, Marriott
My guess is it will be June 1st this year.

+1 when I applied in December I got FYF +15k for telling them I was a Visa Infinite card holder at another bank. You can chat them online and ask if is still available. As soon as 15k posted I quickly turned it into 22.5k Avios. As soon as a decent RBC BA offer comes along again I will be product switching (no HP).
any limitations on the product switch? like how long before you can get the offer again? or if you can get the competitor VISA match offer a 2nd time?

I just converted the 15K + FYF Avion to a no fee card (AF was coming up)

thanks!!
Old Apr 23, 2015, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by Cerenity
any limitations on the product switch? like how long before you can get the offer again? or if you can get the competitor VISA match offer a 2nd time?

I just converted the 15K + FYF Avion to a no fee card (AF was coming up)

thanks!!
I can't say forsure but from what I've seen RBC is more aggressive in eliminating churners compared to most other banks. I should have product switched to the BA card back in December when it was 30k for $5k spend $160 AF - buying @ .05cpp is pretty good. I just thought I might actually use the Avion card...
Old Apr 23, 2015, 6:52 pm

Programs: CX, AF, UA
Does anyone know if the Gold Amex Charge Card eventually (and when?) shows up on the Equifax credit file? I've had the card for 2 months now, with 2 statements generated, and it doesn't show up yet.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 8:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by winebug
Does anyone know if the Gold Amex Charge Card eventually (and when?) shows up on the Equifax credit file?
Mine did.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by winebug
Does anyone know if the Gold Amex Charge Card eventually (and when?) shows up on the Equifax credit file? I've had the card for 2 months now, with 2 statements generated, and it doesn't show up yet.
I've noticed they don't report to Equifax close to as frequently as they do Transunion. If you are concerned that it isn't reporting under the correct infornmation you can order a free annual Transunion credit report by calling this number:
1(800) 663-9980 (Prompt 1)

I would recommend doing this regardless. Its good to see whats going on across the board, especially because Amex always pulls from Transunion.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 1:52 am

Is it RBC Avion=RBC reward points? I just find it confused

I'm using a RBC USA issued CC, this year I just find out 2 RBC US rewards points= 1 RBC Canada points, I thought they may just change the rule, so my RBC US reward point=0.75 Avios with 50% bonus, sounds very low to me.

and I find out RBC is not aggressive in CC business, for the last 5 years I can remember they just run Avios bonus twice with high spending requirement,and they don't have any FYF promo ........... BMO is also not aggressive ............no comparison to the US offer

I can't say forsure but from what I've seen RBC is more aggressive in eliminating churners compared to most other banks. I should have product switched to the BA card back in December when it was 30k for $5k spend $160 AF - buying @ .05cpp is pretty good. I just thought I might actually use the Avion card...
Old Apr 24, 2015, 9:22 am

Programs: CX, AF, UA
I've noticed they don't report to Equifax close to as frequently as they do Transunion...
Is there a way to ask Equifax or Amex to get the information listed with Equifax? I want to see my score jump through the roof
Old Apr 24, 2015, 9:51 am

Submit missing account info to Equifax (fax or snail mail). I had to do that when I had a split file. Might need to include ID though
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ecgz88
Is it RBC Avion=RBC reward points? I just find it confused

I'm using a RBC USA issued CC, this year I just find out 2 RBC US rewards points= 1 RBC Canada points, I thought they may just change the rule, so my RBC US reward point=0.75 Avios with 50% bonus, sounds very low to me.

and I find out RBC is not aggressive in CC business, for the last 5 years I can remember they just run Avios bonus twice with high spending requirement,and they don't have any FYF promo ........... BMO is also not aggressive ............no comparison to the US offer
I transferred a bunch from an RBC USA issued CC to my RBC Rewards card in Canada a couple years back to find out only the Avion can transfer to BA (I downgraded when I moved to the US). They then apologized and matched me 1:1 instead of 2:1. I then product switched the regular rewards card to an Avion, got the bonus, and then transferred the whole lot to Avios when there was a 50% bonus
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:22 am

Can you CANCEL an RBC Avion Points Conversion?

I did a points conversion yesterday afternoon (RBC Avion to BA Avios) - even though there's a bonus coming soon, because I needed the points for a flight I want to book. And wouldn't you know it, some other Avios I thought would take a while to post came through this morning, so I don't need the extra points and want to save my Avion points for the conversion bonus.

Can I call to cancel the transfer if it's within 24 hours? I can give it a shot, but I don't want to bother with the call if anyone knows for sure it's not possible. TIA!
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by pokee
I did a points conversion yesterday afternoon (RBC Avion to BA Avios) - even though there's a bonus coming soon, because I needed the points for a flight I want to book. And wouldn't you know it, some other Avios I thought would take a while to post came through this morning, so I don't need the extra points and want to save my Avion points for the conversion bonus.

Can I call to cancel the transfer if it's within 24 hours? I can give it a shot, but I don't want to bother with the call if anyone knows for sure it's not possible. TIA!
Hah I doubt you'll get an answer so quickly here, and the sooner you call the better the odds

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.