Airline Status Match Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2015, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by klausa
There were reports that AA stopped their status challenger for this year.
I wouldn't really call the AA challenge a match anyway as anyone could do it and you don't actually get status until you complete the challenge.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 2:29 pm

I thought you had to provide evidence of prior status with different airline to be eligible for AA challenges?
Old Nov 8, 2015, 2:38 pm

I thought you had to provide evidence of prior status with different airline to be eligible for AA challenges?
Prior status with another airline was unneeded to participate in an AA challenge.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 2:38 pm

No, you ring up and pay the cash.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flashware
No, you ring up and pay the cash.
Not any more. AA have closed the challenge.

There were reports that AA stopped their status challenger for this year.
Yes: closed to new entrants
Old Nov 9, 2015, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Not any more. AA have closed the challenge.

Yes: closed to new entrants
Indeed, however was merely pointing out that it was never a true 'match' and was simply a challenge that any Joe public could sign up for and achieve regardless of holding status or not
Old Nov 9, 2015, 6:42 am

Programs: TK *G
I tried to match with OW airlines but to no avail. However, just a heads up: SriLankan Airlines (OW) is offering status matches based on the following conditions. I'm not sure how it's like as I didn't qualify for it though.

Greetings from FlySmiLes, the Frequent Flyer programme of SriLankan Airlines.

Thank you for your interest in FlySmiLes and for the booking made with us on SriLankan Airlines.

FlySmiLes has an evaluation process for Status Match request where we validate the request basis the account statement of your existing frequent flyer account for the past 12 months.
Greetings from FlySmiLes, the Frequent Flyer programme of SriLankan Airlines.

In studying your account statement, we noticed that the destinations you frequently fly to are SriLankan Airlines offline points. FlySmiLes has a unique feature where in order to maintain a particular status, a minimum of 50% of the flights must be completed on SriLankan Airlines. Hence we regret to inform you that we will not be able to provide the requested status match as of now.
Thought it may help somebody.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by Duhh
I tried to match with OW airlines but to no avail. However, just a heads up: SriLankan Airlines (OW) is offering status matches based on the following conditions. I'm not sure how it's like as I didn't qualify for it though.

Thought it may help somebody.
Great first post and welcome to FlyerTalk!
Old Nov 10, 2015, 6:05 am

Programs: NEXUS; *A Gold
Turkish Airlines Status Match

After much back and forth and continuous emails sent with only the auto-reply with an otherwise useless reference number I couldn't use on the website to follow up, I finally had a 'light bulb' moment and decided to use the powers of social media! I reached out via Twitter and Facebook, citing the reference number and literally within an hour I checked the website to see my card was now Gold and i received the email welcoming me to Elite, etc!
Old Nov 10, 2015, 7:49 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
I wouldn't really call the AA challenge a match anyway as anyone could do it and you don't actually get status until you complete the challenge.
You did get temporary Gold status if you had status on another airline (I matched from Delta Silver, then up-challenged to Plat)

Also, received a confirmation email from Avianca BR on Oct 23, still waiting for a match.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 1:45 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Anyone succesful in matching Avianca Amigo to Alitalia without the physical card?
Old Nov 10, 2015, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Anyone succesful in matching Avianca Amigo to Alitalia without the physical card?
I would be surprised if that was the case. Given Amigo matches have only started being processed recently then people could use the same status they matched to Amigo to match to Alitalia.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: Many
I would be surprised if that was the case. Given Amigo matches have only started being processed recently then people could use the same status they matched to Amigo to match to Alitalia.
Except if one used Skyteam card to match to Avianca Brazil.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 8:20 am

Programs: DL DM
Any ideas for Star Alliance status match? I have plat on Delta.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: Avianca Brazil Diamond, Etihad Gold, Southwest CC Pass, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by greycap7
Any ideas for Star Alliance status match? I have plat on Delta.
See above... Avianca Brazil still matching until Nov 30. Turkish also

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.