Airline Status Match Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2015, 7:15 am

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
just got matched to star alliance gold via avianca brazil (amigo).

website says "You can use this card until you complete your fifth flight"

(print)

apparently, they are not sending out a physical card for now.

any idea if a paper printed card will get you into lounges?
Old Oct 23, 2015, 8:26 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by flyinghigh77

(print)

When did you send in your match request?
Old Oct 23, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: NEXUS; *A Gold

(print)

curious which email address is being used to request the match? their website doesn't seem very user friendly for these things, or I'm just missing something?!?
Old Oct 23, 2015, 11:22 am
alc

Originally Posted by Neil791
curious which email address is being used to request the match? their website doesn't seem very user friendly for these things, or I'm just missing something?!?
courtesy to phdsales from Status Matcher web site:

From Any
To Avianca Brazil Amigo
Avianca Brazil (Amigo Program)

http://www.avianca.com.br/amigo/promocategoria (Only in Portuguese)

Now you can match from all categories.

Enroll to Amigo Program, then send an email to [email protected] with your full name, amigo program number and copy of your valid frequent flyer program card. They will match until 03/2017. If you have the highest in your FF program you'll receive Amigo Diamond (StarAlliance Gold), 2nd highest you'll receive Amigo Gold (StarAlliance Gold) and 3rd highest you'll receive Amigo Silver (StarAlliance Silver).

Old Oct 23, 2015, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by kauppias
When did you send in your match request?
about 3 weeks ago.

no one knows about the lounge access question?
Old Oct 23, 2015, 1:07 pm

about 3 weeks ago.

You should be fine, although there are a few reports every now and then of some lounges where the physical card is required. Should be easily avoidable by adding your Amigo account to your booking. *A Gold will be indicated on your BP and no one will even ask for a card.

Did you get an email notification of the match or did you find out when checking your account?
Old Oct 23, 2015, 1:15 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
about 3 weeks ago.

As Epicura stated if your amigo number is in the reservation tou should be fine. If you want to credit wlswhere I doubt many places will accept a paper card but some might especially contract lounges less likely to.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Epicura
You should be fine, although there are a few reports every now and then of some lounges where the physical card is required. Should be easily avoidable by adding your Amigo account to your booking. *A Gold will be indicated on your BP and no one will even ask for a card.

Did you get an email notification of the match or did you find out when checking your account?
I got an email this morning.

I just called United to add my Amigo number to my upcoming United trip. Took them a while (giving them airline code "O6" finally did the trick). The Amigo number is now in my reservation. Is there any way to find out - before checking in and printing the boarding pass - if it recognizes the Star Alliance Gold status? I can't find any indication while looking at my ticket online...

Also, I tried to add my Amigo number to my upcoming Avianca Colombia trip and Avianca Colombia tells me I can only use my Avianca Colombia Lifemiles number for international trips. According to them, the Avianca Brazil Amigo number can only be used for Avianca Brazil domestic flights. Once again, you just got to love Avianca....
Old Oct 24, 2015, 1:42 am

I just called United to add my Amigo number to my upcoming United trip. Took them a while (giving them airline code "O6" finally did the trick). The Amigo number is now in my reservation. Is there any way to find out - before checking in and printing the boarding pass - if it recognizes the Star Alliance Gold status? I can't find any indication while looking at my ticket online...

Also, I tried to add my Amigo number to my upcoming Avianca Colombia trip and Avianca Colombia tells me I can only use my Avianca Colombia Lifemiles number for international trips. According to them, the Avianca Brazil Amigo number can only be used for Avianca Brazil domestic flights. Once again, you just got to love Avianca....
I don't frequently use *A (I am mostly on the dAArk side ), but aren't there special perks for *G when it comes to managing a reservation? Like seat choice etc? You could try if one of those is working?

Within One World, it depends on the carrier. For some you can clearly see the status in the reservation already, for some I can not see it.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 2:55 am

By the way the O6 code for the airline is displayed on the online version of the amigo card, perhaps they saw that this could be a problem I remember when A3 joined they also had issues with recognition
Old Oct 24, 2015, 5:37 am

I flew with LH yesterday using my O6 Gold status - there were some problems at the entry to the lounge (they wanted to see the physical card, despite O6*G being printed on the BP) - but ultimately printout of the card convinced them.

Note that they have some rrrreaaaaly weird and old system in there, since it wasn't even aware of "Avianca Brazil" being even a thing (I had to explain multiple times that Avianca and Avianca Brazil are not the same) - their system won't even let them input the number to verify *G membership - it simply doesn't allow to input O6 at all.

It still had US Airways in the dropdown though...

Someone said earlier that they Avianca won't sent physical cards - where is that info coming from?

Last edited by klausa; Oct 24, 2015 at 5:55 am
Old Oct 24, 2015, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by klausa
I flew with LH yesterday using my O6 Gold status - there were some problems at the entry to the lounge (they wanted to see the physical card, despite O6*G being printed on the BP) - but ultimately printout of the card convinced them.

Note that they have some rrrreaaaaly weird and old system in there, since it wasn't even aware of "Avianca Brazil" being even a thing (I had to explain multiple times that Avianca and Avianca Brazil are not the same) - their system won't even let them input the number to verify *G membership - it simply doesn't allow to input O6 at all.

It still had US Airways in the dropdown though...

Someone said earlier that they Avianca won't sent physical cards - where is that info coming from?

It states on the web site that a card will be sent after 5 flights BUT I have a gut feeling that only applies to normal cards and I do beleive status matched accounts will receive cards but time will show
Old Oct 24, 2015, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
It states on the web site that a card will be sent after 5 flights BUT I have a gut feeling that only applies to normal cards and I do beleive status matched accounts will receive cards but time will show
Oh yeah, I was assuming/hoping that's the case.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 11:09 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Avianca Brazil is basically a domestic airline, what did you guys expect...

It's like Aegean elites being surprised a few years ago that agents didn't know about them in North America.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 11:42 am

I was kinda expecting all *A systems to know about all *A FFPs, but maybe I am expecting too much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.