Reload this Page >

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2015, 11:47 am

I mean - I'm not trying to be a dick and complain too much - I got *G for, basically, free and five minute talk with the dragons at the lounge entrance is ultimately not a big deal - but I am kinda surprised about the lack of the synchronisation (for the lack of a better word) about this stuff.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by klausa
I mean - I'm not trying to be a dick and complain too much - I got *G for, basically, free and five minute talk with the dragons at the lounge entrance is ultimately not a big deal - but I am kinda surprised about the lack of the synchronisation (for the lack of a better word) about this stuff.
It's not that uncommon as one might think that airline frontline employees do not know the alliance airlines I had a US airways employee tell me at Maui that Finnair is NOT a oneworld member she was 100% sure 😂😂

As new members join its understandable but perhaps as time goes by most agents now seem to recognize A3 allready

Too bad no word on my family matches to O6
Old Oct 24, 2015, 2:35 pm

Oh, I am not surprised that the dragons didn't know the difference between AV and O6 - but the fact that their systems (I just noticed today that I can't add my O6# while checking-in, has to be added to the reservation itself) don't is what puzzles me.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 6:23 am

(FWIW, contract lounge at AMS had no problem with the O6 card printout.)
Old Oct 26, 2015, 9:03 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Turkish match lasts two years, but from when?

If I match Dec. 1, 2015, does it last until Dec. 1, 2017?
Old Oct 26, 2015, 9:17 pm

"Enroll to Amigo Program, then send an email to [email protected] with your full name, amigo program number and copy of your valid frequent flyer program card. They will match until 03/2017. If you have the highest in your FF program you'll receive Amigo Diamond (StarAlliance Gold), 2nd highest you'll receive Amigo Gold (StarAlliance Gold) and 3rd highest you'll receive Amigo Silver (StarAlliance Silver)."

Does that mean if you are for example presently StarAlliance Silver with another program and its their 2nd highest, if you join Amigo, they will put on you on Amigo Gold, which is StarAlliance Gold?
Old Oct 26, 2015, 9:28 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by theworld
"Enroll to Amigo Program, then send an email to [email protected] with your full name, amigo program number and copy of your valid frequent flyer program card. They will match until 03/2017. If you have the highest in your FF program you'll receive Amigo Diamond (StarAlliance Gold), 2nd highest you'll receive Amigo Gold (StarAlliance Gold) and 3rd highest you'll receive Amigo Silver (StarAlliance Silver)."

Does that mean if you are for example presently StarAlliance Silver with another program and its their 2nd highest, if you join Amigo, they will put on you on Amigo Gold, which is StarAlliance Gold?
No guarantees, it's up to them how they want to match.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 10:16 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by keitherson
My Presidential Platinum card arrived in the mail a few weeks ago.
What did you match from?
Old Oct 26, 2015, 10:28 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by yvrgary
Turkish match lasts two years, but from when?

If I match Dec. 1, 2015, does it last until Dec. 1, 2017?
And is there a cutoff time for matching to another program re that program's status expiration date?

I.e., if my UA Gold is going to expire on 1/31/16 do I have to contact TK before a certain date to request a match?
Old Oct 26, 2015, 10:38 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by danger
What did you match from?
1K. They verified my status over the phone. Didn't send a single email
Old Oct 27, 2015, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by cblaisd
And is there a cutoff time for matching to another program re that program's status expiration date?

I.e., if my UA Gold is going to expire on 1/31/16 do I have to contact TK before a certain date to request a match?
I'd recommend doing ASAP. There's been reports that if your status is about to expire they will reject the match.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 5:41 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by flashware
I'd recommend doing ASAP. There's been reports that if your status is about to expire they will reject the match.
Turkish Require 3 months validity of your present status card.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 10:40 am

Programs: AB Gold, Etihad Guest Gold, Alitalia FA
Got matched from AB Gold to Amigo Gold

Got matched to Avianca Brazil Amigo Gold today! (03/2017)

Sent them two e-mails, on October 1st (english) and October 23nd(portuguese) with AB Gold and AZ Freccia Alata Status.

Old Oct 28, 2015, 2:05 pm

Resent my request in portugese today (thanks to google translator). Let's hope this will result in a response!
Old Oct 28, 2015, 3:01 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by BenSDQ
Resent my request in portugese today (thanks to google translator). Let's hope this will result in a response!
They are responding to english match requests as well so patience is required

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.