Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2015, 4:09 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by patpatpatme
good info, thank you
I'm glad I helped you.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 9:56 pm

Programs: SQ - Silver / BA - Silver / Accor - Platinum / Bonvoy - Gold / Hilton - Gold / Radisson - Premier
I'm a PR Mabuhay Miles Elite, flying between HKG-MNL/CEB atleast 40 sectors a year, I'm wondering would there be any chance that CX would match the status for me. If they do, I'll be switching over from 2016.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 3:06 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by timothy_tw
I'm a PR Mabuhay Miles Elite, flying between HKG-MNL/CEB atleast 40 sectors a year, I'm wondering would there be any chance that CX would match the status for me. If they do, I'll be switching over from 2016.
CX will reluctantly match to their Silver tier, OneWorld RUBY. They have a joining fee of $50 USD for their frequent flyer program. Some reports say that they only waive the joining fee. You will have a better chance of getting matched if you have an existing booking with them.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 11:15 am

Hi

are there any matchs I should sign up for Today to get a 2015 year on the request ?

I am still waiting for Alitalia but maybe I missed one ,

I am Star Gold now on A3

thanks for your ideas
Old Dec 31, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by LAXlocal
Hi

are there any matchs I should sign up for Today to get a 2015 year on the request ?

I am still waiting for Alitalia but maybe I missed one ,

I am Star Gold now on A3

thanks for your ideas
What are you looking for? Just to match for the sake of matching? Or are you travelling on XX airline and need status there? Most status matches are one time deals so matching is best done at times when its most beneficial. If only A3 gold how much flying are you doing?
Old Dec 31, 2015, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by kauppias
What are you looking for? Just to match for the sake of matching? Or are you travelling on XX airline and need status there? Most status matches are one time deals so matching is best done at times when its most beneficial. If only A3 gold how much flying are you doing?
my last 2 trips to Asia were $600 RT and no FF miles , on China Air , so Sky Team Status would have been nice for the extra bag and lounge ,

But I would also like to go to Hong Kong on Cathay Pacific so one world would be nice ,

I have Star Gold for 2016 on Aviana so set there ,

Any ideas ?
Old Dec 31, 2015, 1:02 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
So you just want a onetime status match for one trip?

Oneoworld I think your out of luck.

Sorry I thought you had A3 for 2016 but I guess you meant O6 avianca brazil?

Alitalia match has been extended till jan 2016...

CZ also has a match but requires a flight with them so Im guessing bo luck there...

Not sure how many programs will match from O6 maybe LAN IF you can fly with them?
Old Dec 31, 2015, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by kauppias
So you just want a onetime status match for one trip?
No idea how many trips I will take in 2016 ,

at least 3 or maybe 4 to Asia from California

and one or 2 trips to Europe

plus a few inside the USA.....

I have 3 months of millemiglia gold until March 31 , 2016
15 months of star gold till March 2017

and I will try and get Air Berlin with my Swiss Address.

Sky Team is what China Air uses and right now they are the cheapest flights if I do not want to go to Mainland China,

Before I flew 90% United , but they lost me with so many baggage fees etc
Old Dec 31, 2015, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by LAXlocal
No idea how many trips I will take in 2016 ,

at least 3 or maybe 4 to Asia from California

and one or 2 trips to Europe

plus a few inside the USA.....

I have 3 months of millemiglia gold until March 31 , 2016
15 months of star gold till March 2017

and I will try and get Air Berlin with my Swiss Address.

Sky Team is what China Air uses and right now they are the cheapest flights if I do not want to go to Mainland China,

Before I flew 90% United , but they lost me with so many baggage fees etc
Sounds like a plan. AB seems to be asking ppl with non local sounding names to send in proof of recidency but if thats not an issue then that is a good idea. Though burning theough alot of matches if little chance yo keep status may not be the best way to go but we each make our own criteria...

Then again one can allways rematch later if one had multiple addresses and no big mileage commitments

If lounges are the main draw there are also some alternatives to get those.

But oneworld is really tough now. If you have a GGL friend that may be a option
Old Dec 31, 2015, 7:59 pm

one problem is that if you totally lose "Gold" its very hard to get it back these days ,

many cheap fares give no qualifying miles or only 25%-50%

So flying 40,000 miles on Asia trips still does not get you gold,

And I am already over 60 so burning one time Status Matches does not bother me ,

If I was flying ever week I would do it another way !
Old Jan 1, 2016, 3:40 am

Are there any options to match to OW Emerald? I have several statuses (*Gold, ow Saphire and Skyteam Elite Plus) but is there any way to receive Emerald?
Old Jan 1, 2016, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by mstoldt
Are there any options to match to OW Emerald? I have several statuses (*Gold, ow Saphire and Skyteam Elite Plus) but is there any way to receive Emerald?
Both S7 and Jordan will do but you must fly once with them before your application wilk be considered.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by balenohk
Both S7 and Jordan will do but you must fly once with them before your application wilk be considered.
But I am somewhat skeptical that star gold will yield OWE
Old Jan 1, 2016, 8:47 am

Is this real?

Originally Posted by balenohk
I just read on statusmatcher.com that s7 does not offer any match. So how does this work? Has anyone done this? Flying s7 once is fine.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 8:49 am

Access to ow first class lounge

The main target for me is experiencing the pier lounge and buying a first class ticket is not an option for my wallet. I figured out matching anything to ow emerald is the best idea. Am I right with this one?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.