Reload this Page >

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2016, 8:34 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List
WN A-list to AB silver, had to send picture of physical A-list card
Old Jan 24, 2016, 9:00 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Mict
I actually do have activity but it is only 2 flights. Getting 4 mores flights on it in early March.

And I matched to O6 Gold from A3 silver, doubt that will get me anything interesting on AB.
Wow! Star silver to star Gold not bad 😀
Old Jan 24, 2016, 9:02 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by kerrigjl
WN A-list to AB silver, had to send picture of physical A-list card
Not bad matching from a airline that only flys NA routes to a airline that has no domestic routes in NA 😄
Old Jan 25, 2016, 6:19 am

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Originally Posted by kauppias
Not bad matching from a airline that only flys NA routes to a airline that has no domestic routes in NA 😄
I started my matches years ago from WN Companion pass to BMI Gold
Old Feb 1, 2016, 6:49 pm

Programs: SQ *G, MP
May I ask how much travelling required will those airline match status for a customer. I currently hold a KrisFlyer Gold and am thinking to switch back to CX MP... But I only travel a dozen of times each year. And do I have to show a whole year of travelling statement to them when sending in the email? Many thanks!
Old Feb 2, 2016, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by taiko225
May I ask how much travelling required will those airline match status for a customer. I currently hold a KrisFlyer Gold and am thinking to switch back to CX MP... But I only travel a dozen of times each year. And do I have to show a whole year of travelling statement to them when sending in the email? Many thanks!
It depends on the airline - CX does match but I think you need to show your past record from a competitor. OR if you fly J a lot that would certainly help too.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 6:02 am

Got my Air Berlin status match today. They're matching me to gold from Avianca Amigo gold.

They didn't take my screenshot of my print at home card, they said they need a physical card. So I sent a photo of the physical card (see Avianca Amigo thread regarding my "physical card") and they matched about a week later.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by abbaskip
Got my Air Berlin status match today. They're matching me to gold from Avianca Amigo gold.

They didn't take my screenshot of my print at home card, they said they need a physical card. So I sent a photo of the physical card (see Avianca Amigo thread regarding my "physical card") and they matched about a week later.
You are a star! ^
Old Feb 3, 2016, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by abbaskip

I did not find anything about "physical card" - how can I get this?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by mstoldt
Read his other posts.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 8:53 am

Programs: pleb
AA Platinum matched to CX Silver. Had to provide copy of card with 12 months of AA statements, as well as info on any CX flights within the past year or upcoming CX flights.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by mstoldt
As per the post above and my last post - read my post in the Avianca Amigo thread.

Don't panic though, I've heard of plenty of people getting matched from screenshot of print at home card.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 2:16 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Thought this may be of interest to some travelers- especially those trying to jump ship from AA (or DL).

Just to give some updates, AS is being overly generous about matches. I know many of you out there want to, or should switch because of AA going to revenue now too. My Mother got matched last August from being DL gold, but at the time of the request she was no longer DL Gold since she had not re-qualified with DL's new system. She wrote an e-mail to [email protected] explaining her situation, and they matched her to Gold in their program based on her past history of frequent travel on DL. Even though she did not re-qualify last year for Gold with AS, because of the late match, they gave her Gold again this year for another chance to qualify.

Thought this may be helpful to know for those who did not re-qualify with their airline, or those looking to switch, and have a history of extensive travel that can be proven to get status now at AS.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 6:48 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
Thought this may be of interest to some travelers- especially those trying to jump ship from AA (or DL).

Just to give some updates, AS is being overly generous about matches. I know many of you out there want to, or should switch because of AA going to revenue now too. My Mother got matched last August from being DL gold, but at the time of the request she was no longer DL Gold since she had not re-qualified with DL's new system. She wrote an e-mail to [email protected] explaining her situation, and they matched her to Gold in their program based on her past history of frequent travel on DL. Even though she did not re-qualify last year for Gold with AS, because of the late match, they gave her Gold again this year for another chance to qualify.

Thought this may be helpful to know for those who did not re-qualify with their airline, or those looking to switch, and have a history of extensive travel that can be proven to get status now at AS.

Do you think that AS will match Avianca Brasil? (Star Alliance Gold)
Old Feb 12, 2016, 7:32 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Granite64
Do you think that AS will match Avianca Brasil? (Star Alliance Gold)
Did you earn your AMIGO status thru flying or did you use your OW/Sapphire to get O6/GOLD. Alaska will verify with your airline that your status is earned thru flying. Vey unlikely to get matched in that case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.